Soap – the humble, everyday household product with a history dating back to 2800 BC – may have changed in ingredients, shapes and scents over the past 5000 years, but one feature that’s never been fixed? It’s slippery nature.
TETRA SOAP is here to change that. Slow-made using a cold process production method, each handmade soap is individually cast in a unique Tetrapod-shaped mold which makes it 100% slip-free.
It’s a soap revolution!
HOW IT WORKS?
Easy-to-hold and quick drying, the soap stands on three pivot points, and arrives with a complimentary felt soap coaster for display. With use, TETRA SOAP evenly and smoothly reduces in size but maintains its unique shape, ensuring it always looks good!
WHAT IS TETRAPOD?
TETRA SOAP draws its design inspiration from the huge, 10-ton concrete structures known as Tetrapods. Originally created in France in the 1940s, but most frequently found today on the coastlines of Japan, the four-footed structures are used as “breakwater barriers” to prevent erosion and water damage from dissipating waves.
ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS
Lightly scented with a pleasing unisex scent that combines Myrrh and sandalwood, each TETRA SOAP is created using moisturizing high-quality Italian extra virgin olive oil and organic citrus bioflavonoids – an antioxidant-packed powerhouse that protects and refines the skin. To preserve the goodness of the ingredients, each soap is cured for 30 days during a cold process method.
SIMPLE FORMULA FOR YOUR SKIN
Mild, natural and suitable for all skin types, the soap won’t strip your skin of needed natural oils or disrupt its pH balance. Ingredients include cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, palm oil, distilled water, coconut oil, castor oil, Myrrh essential oil, organic citrus bioflavonoids, tea tree oil and sandalwood oil.
WHY COLD-PROCESS SOAP IS BETTER?
Cold-Process Soap is known as the best quality soap among other soap making method, its natural ingredients are more skin friendly. The Extra Virgin Cold-Press Olive Oil base soap create a cream leather for deep moisturization. Unlike other soap types, Cold Process Soap penetrate deep into the skin to help minimise dry itchy skin. Cold Process Soap has the ability to create incredible lather, you can feel the big difference among other soap.
Differ from the mass production soap, TETRA SOAP use Cold-Process Method to preserve the natural ingredients, the Cold-Process Soap creates rich lather and soothes the skin. Each soap takes more then 30 days to cure. Resulting a mild soap which is good for skin and pH close to neutral ( pH 7.5 ).
COLD-PROCESS SOAP PRODUCTION
Size: 3"x 3.3"x 2.75" inch , 76 x 84 x 70 mm
Net weight: 3.5Oz /100g ℮
Handmade in Taiwan
*Handmade soap-color and texture might slightly vary from the show images for each micro-batch of production.
- OCTOBER 2013: An idea sparks to create a long-lasting soap that doesn’t slip out of hands.
- OCTOBER 2013: Created a 3D model. The first soap prototype came out of the mold, proving the idea could work!
- NOVEMBER 2013: In order to mass produce, seek a quotation in USA for a hot-process soap. Shocked by the 100000-minimum quantity requirement, and the mold cost starting from US$10,000.
- OCTOBER 2014: Finally found a manufacturer during a design fair in Thailand, which produces soaps for hospitality use.
- MAY 2017: Start the mold for pre-production, but end up being disappointed in the quality. Air trapped in the mold during production caused wrinkles, and soap cracked during use.
- JULY 2017: Source a Chinese factory who produce hot process soap. Again, disappointed with the samples. Smelt artificial, the pH was high, and skin felt dry after use. Also, the glycerol oil base formula crystallized on the soap surface with air contact. The search continued...
- AUGUST 2017: Good news – finally! A handmade soap manufacturer in Taiwan was discovered, which uses silicone molds to manufacture cold-processed soap.
- SEPTEMBER 2017: The first sample was made. Ditched the old charcoal formula, which always leaves black marks in the basin, and switched to a Myrrh-based formula instead. Very pleased with the final result, which was very close to the actual color and texture of concrete.
- OCTOBER 2017: Pre-production begins, starting with the creation of a silicone mold for production.
- OCTOBER 2017: Time to create the packaging and coaster base, and start preparing for Kickstarter campaign launch.
- NOVEMBER 2017: We are ready for production and its finally time to launch the TETRA SOAP on Kickstarter!
- END OF NOVEMBER: Start production, packaging and begin shipping to backers.
Tetrasoap will be shipped to backers directly from Hong Kong by courier right after manufacturing and packaging. Rest assured that we are now seeking the best and fastest way on logistics to different countries so that the product you receive is the freshest possible.
Note: for EU customers VAT may be charged when receiving the item. Such charges vary according to the regulations of respective countries.
Follow us on:
share #tetrasoap on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
SPECIAL THANKS TO: A BIG THANKS to all fellows and our great team who help a lot in this project, THANK YOU!
Risks and challenges
Each TETRA SOAP is individually created in a silicone mold, carefully monitored throughout the process, and finally perfected by hand. If the demand is high, we would need more times to proceed the orders to deliver the same quality as the cold-process production method requires a month time to cure.
We will utilize all our workforce and put our best effort to make sure every backer get in the hands of TETRA SOAP on schedule.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)