Crescent Womb holds your baby the way nature intended, no complicated mechanics, just an ergonomic design that naturally mimics your embrace.
Thanks for checking out our campaign! Take a look at our Website for more info.
- Recreate the womb: By mimicking the beneficial properties of the womb we developed the optimal conditions to sooth and promote healthy development for babies. There are no dangerous hinges or electronics, just an ergonomic design that naturally replicates your embrace.
- An Easier Transition: Infancy is stressful. The first few months of a baby’s life are a major transition and growth period. So much so it’s often referred to as the "fourth trimester." Newborns are still very much adjusting to life outside the womb. Crescent Womb is designed to ease the transition from being in the womb to being in the world. To help them cope we re-created a womb-like environment. Supporting them with a soothing, familiar environment will also help soothe a colicky baby. By supporting the baby just like the mother’s womb it creates the safest place outside of a parent’s arms.
- Maintain a Healthy Spinal Curve: Healthy spine development is dependent on what is known as the “C Curve”. Traditional cradles force infants to lay flat. Laying your infant flat on their back stretches the c-curved spine into a straight line, against their natural shape. Research shows that keeping an infant’s spine straight can be detrimental. Research backed by the American Academy of Pediatrics states that “with prolonged sleep on a firm mattress can produce positional disorders and infants with decreased muscle tone (Short, 1996)”.
- Reduces Startle Reflex: The startle or “moro” reflex is a natural reflex for babies during early infancy. While this reflex is common some babies can startle themselves awake during sleep. Crescent Womb™ can help newborns self-sooth and prevent them from waking up due to the unique shape and function. As a result, you can expect a more restful sleep for both baby and parent.
- Create an Ideal Micro-climate: Because of the permeated mesh and the elimination of mattress pads or heavy bedding maintaining a healthy body temperature is a breeze, no pun intended. Crescent Womb significantly reduces the risk of overheating.
- Incredibly Versatile: Crescent Womb is the first ever infant sleeper that you can truly take anywhere. Folding up to the size of the average baby blanket and weighing about the same, Crescent Womb® is perfect to travel with for new families. Being able to travel with your Crescent Womb means that your baby will have a consistent sleeping pattern, regardless of where your travels take you. Crescent Womb can also help babies suffering from reflux. By properly adjusting the straps on the “foot” end to lower to about a 30 degree angle Crescent Womb can safely assist in relief of infant reflux.
- Give Back: Infant mortality rates are staggering, with the leading cause being accidental asphyxiation. Every child deserves to sleep safely, that’s why we’ve made it our goal to donate 10,000 units by the end of 2017.
We have become complacent in our child care.
In modern society the average infant spends staggering amounts of time laying flat. We end up carrying the baby to the car in a carrier, through the store in a carrier, and back home in a carrier. Sometimes from there to the swing that we can click right into without touching the baby so we can make dinner, into the bouncy seat while we eat, and soon after to sleep in a crib. Infants instinctively need the embrace of a parent.
Healthy spine development is dependent on what is knows as the “C Curve”. Traditional cradles force infants to lay flat which stretches the c-curved spine into a straight line, against their natural shape. Research shows that in addition to stressing the baby’s spine it can also negatively influence the development of your baby’s hip joints and lead to physical deformities.
Research backed by the American Academy of Pediatrics states that “with prolonged immobilization on a firm mattress or a flat bed the constant influence of gravity flattens the body surface against the mattress producing positional disorders and infants with decreased muscle tone (Short, 1996)”.
Traditional crib design can contribute to risks associated with early infancy and other suffocation hazards. Things like soft bedding and “CO2-trapping” objects, such as blankets, comforters, soft mattresses and toys can cause the baby to re-breathe carbon dioxide that they just exhaled. Crescent Womb eliminates the need to swaddle or add any unnecessary materials to the sleeping environment, limiting the risk that these items add. Injury can also result from limbs getting wedged in between crib railings and over heating from excessive blankets or mattress material.
The innovative design of Crescent Womb naturally supports the baby in the “fetal-tuck” or the “fetal position” which is the natural position for new born babies.
When you place an infant flat on their back, they instinctively curl up into the fetal tuck. Other than being the most soothing position for babies there are several health benefits associated with maintaining the fetal position.
- Babies breathe easier and get more oxygen to developing vital organs. Easy breathing and more oxygen promote infant growth by freeing up calories and energy that can be used for development.
- Not only does it speed up muscle development but also speeds up the development of nerve cells that control the muscles.
- Leads to rapidly developing motor skills.
- Helps with digestion and prevents reflux.
- Makes it easier for babies to maintain a healthy body temperature by preventing temperature exposure to arteries.
The material used in Crescent Womb has elastic properties, so it literally replicates the support of a mother's womb. There are no dangerous hinges or electronics, just an ergonomic design that naturally replicates the womb.
We do not add anything to force the baby into a certain position. We simply removed some environmental factors that have been associated with sleep hazards. By using a natural, breathable, flexible, mesh we have designed our system to promote healthy breathing regardless of a babies movement or positioning.
Baby Safety, ergo-friendly sleeping options.
Thank you all so much.
Risks and challenges
Crescent Womb has already been tested to CPSC standards so you can rest assured that we are delivering the absolute best in safety and quality.
Our product is fully developed and our goal for delivery is September of 2016, and barring any unforeseen circumstances we will have Crescent Womb to you guys in plenty of time. We have pre-negotiated prices and production time with a primary parter as well as back up manufacturers.
AS SOON AS WE REACH OUR GOAL WE WILL BEGIN MANUFACTURING AND SHIPPING. That being said it is our first time going into mass production so speed bumps may occur, in the event something does happen we will notify you immediately and figure out a solution. Plus, you can have full faith in our team to resolve any issues quickly and efficiently.
Notice we say once we reach our goal, not the end of our campaign.
Hopefully we will be able to start production and shipping well before the end of our 35 day campaign but thats up to all of you!
- (35 days)