LAST WEEK OF CAMPAIGN!!
In a world of Magic, Monsters and Mystery, you are the Faulty Apprentice! You take on the role of an ordinary farm boy that left home seeking a glorious apprenticeship. You have had a couple jobs, in fact, you have had a lot, more than you can count. Why do you keep getting fired? If you can't hold an apprenticeship at this castle, there is nowhere left!
- 4 Unique relationship paths! Each of the Instructors has their own mini games and personality quirks. Depending on who you spend time with will determine their role in the final battle.
- Good vs. Evil! Not everyone at the castle has good intentions. Some may be obvious, others may surprise you; depending on your actions who knows what could happen.
- Hand painted artwork! Enjoy beautiful character sprites, key story illustrations and animated backgrounds.
- Partial Voice Acting! Key characters are brought to life with voice acting from the talented community of Casting Call Club!
- Small apprentice in a big world! There are over 30 characters to meet, and over 15 locations to explore.
- Platform! Our current demo is available for Windows & Mac! If we get funded, Faulty Apprentice will also be available in Linux! No Desktop OS gets left behind.
- Sprite Test with Unity -
As you have already seen from the prologue demo and also the trailer, we are already done with a good part of the aesthetics and game engine. But we need more funds to pull together the rest of the creative assets in order to complete the game. We plan to have more than 30 backgrounds variations, intriguing event CGs and multiple emotions on each character to deliver the stories.
Faulty Apprentice is something I do out of passion at my own expense. The incredibly talented people who help out on this game need to be compensated for their contributions and up until this point this entire project has been funded out of my pocket. A successful campaign would allow me to:
- Focus on developing Faulty Apprentice without having to worry about doing side jobs.
- I'd like to hire a full time programmer, and if the funding permits, possibly a writer and music composer to help out.
- Deal with the business and legal responsibilities associated with releasing a game.
* Current Paypal Pledge: $1030.06
The digital game is included in all tiers, of course! But in addition to the game, there’s a lot of sweet new exclusive merchandise that you can only get during the Kickstarter. We are really excited about these new additions and hope you’ll like them, too!
Not sure what each of the tiers includes? Here's a handy and colorful chart!
If you are interested in ordering an Add-on reward, all you have to do is add that amount of money to your pledge. We’ll be sending out a survey after the campaign is over where you can specify which add-ons you've ordered and how you want them personalized.
Note: You must add a shipping fee to the cost of the item if you have not ordered the Pervy Wizard Tier ($50) or higher. To anyone who pledges $50 or under, since those are digital-only tiers, there is an additional shipping cost. Shipping USA+ $10 / International+ $20.
Please make sure that you've added on the correct amount!
- Digital Copy of the Game- $10
- Miniature Figurines- $55 (High res viewing here)
- Physical Artbook- $45
- Button Set- $5
- Wet Tunic Flyer- $5
- Map to Adventure- $5
- 1 Card Pack (Set of 10)- $10
- 3 Card Packs- $20
- 10 Card Packs- $50
- Digital Artbook nsfw- $25
[No need to add shipping fee if you pledged the Pervy Wizard Tier ($50 and up).]
Working on a personal project is priceless.... but bills need to be paid! According to our current math, all this comes up to a grand total of USD $9,900. So far, all of our progress has been self-funded. However, if we hope to achieve a consistent high level of quality and content, we will need financial support.
And if we reach our funding goal, stretch goals will be placed to add on more game features. We believe that Kickstarter is a platform with people who support creativity and fulfill dreams. We have seen visual novels succeed here with the help of like-minded people and so we hope we will too.
AGL Studios Team:
Geoff Trebs "Dinmoney" - http://twitter.com/dinmoney
[ Lead Artist, writer, programmer ]
The creator of Faulty Apprentice. Mad concept artist.
Jesika Art - http://twitter.com/jesika_art
[ Assistant artist, producer, casting director ]
The ace (and micro manager) of the Studio.
- Michelle Renee Harris - https://twitter.com/Giggles_MRH
- Elissa Park - http://twitter.com/AdoxTalks
- Lauren Kawamura - http://twitter.com/LOKawamura
- Uoza - http://twitter.com/uoza_c
- Brander M Jordan - http://twitter.com/BradenMJordan
- Connor Bushoven (BastionWorks) - http://twitter.com/CBushoven
- Melody Muzljakovich - http://twitter.com/voicesofmelody
- Jenna Kathleen - http://twitter.com/jenna_wenna
- Olivia Steele - http://twitter.com/AuroraGuinivere
- Chris "Flog" Smith - http://twitter.com/Areyougaming1
- If you feel like helping on a monthly basis, we have a Patreon that basically funds all of our personal art endeavors.You'll get to see Faulty Apprentice sneak peeks and early builds during all its development, regardless of your campaign pledge.
- Please help spread the word! If you know someone that might like this type of game, let them know about Faulty Apprentice!
In order to spread the word about Faulty Apprentice, we're offering some bonus content as rewards! Share the story and join us on Twitter or Facebook, make fanarts, Let's Play video and publish them to get Faulty Apprentice noticed. The rewards are as following:
- Lvl 1 - Collect 6 Clovers!
We'll host a 24 hr poll of which a character our Lead Artist dinmoney should sketch out as a thank you to everyone!
- Lvl 2 - Collect 12 Clovers!
Every $50 and up will receive ONE (1) extra Trading Card pull (Random) That means +1 card to all Trading Card Tiers! :D
- Lvl 3 - Collect 18 Clovers! NSFW version of the character everyone voted from Lvl 1!
- Lvl 4 - Collect 24 Clovers!
- Follow AGLstudioArt on Twitter :@AGLstudioArt
- Retweet this : Please retweet this to spread the word!
- Share the (Official) Trailer 2 : https://youtu.be/qqNLFsNE46Y Any Social Media of your choice!
- Stream/Record a Video : A Play through/Let's Play of Faulty Apprentice Extended Demo (Censored version) on Youtube/Twitch and tweet it while mentioning @AGLstudioArt + #FaultyApprentice + the link of our Kickstarter (This page)! We will retweet it!
- Fanart Illustrations : Draw a Faulty Apprentice fanart and tweet it while mentioning @AGLstudioArt + #FaultyApprentice + the link of our Kickstarter (This page) We will retweet it! (PS. If we reach 3 clover alone in the FANART section, we will extended the gallery mode, maybe you'll see your fanart in-game!)
Thank you for reading this far!
Risks and challenges
Game development is always full of challenges and uncertainties, but we've waited as much as we could until we were sure that the biggest risk factors are gone, and only then decided to tackle Kickstarter.
The current state of Faulty Apprentice proves that we've got what it takes to finish the game as we've imagined it and promised to you. I'd be very grateful if you could support us!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)