Goldfinch is a graphic novel series created by artist power couple, Sam and Ari. This Kickstarter will fund the creation and printing of volume one.
The Goldfinch is a lounge illegally serving potions and elixirs to patrons wanting to escape the harsh war-torn reality of the city of Portica. This high fantasy turn of the century gangster noir follows ex-factory worker, Leah, after she makes a bold statement to the higher-ups about poor working conditions. Little did she know that a prospect for her next job lands her at The Goldfinch as the getaway driver for the gang running it.
She meets the owner of the lounge, a suave, musically inclined eccentric by the name of Oran, and is thrown into an undercover world of crime, bootlegging, and... hog melons? The two must navigate double-crossings and routine bombings from the war, as well as their kindling feelings for each other.
Goldfinch is a found-family story meant for teen and up audiences. It explores the power of ambition and the resilience of true love.
The printed volume one of Goldfinch will be 6x9" softcover, 150 full color pages of the comic itself, as well as a "thank you" section for our backers.
We've gathered quotes for each part of the process, as well as added some cushion for unexpected costs.
★Our highest tier offers a digital commission of a character/OC of your choosing. (Limited to 5 backers.) Here is an example of what that commission will look like:
Backers now have the option for Add-Ons!
- Go to "Manage Your Pledge" and add to your pledge the dollar amount corresponding to which merch item(s) you would like. (See Below)
- You may choose more than one item, as long as the amount you pledge adds up for the items you want.
- If you're backing the $25 "Physical Book" tier, and you would like the book signed, you would add $15 extra to your base pledge of $25. So your pledge would be $40.
- Alternatively, if you're backing the $25 "Physical Book" tier, and you would like the book signed PLUS the sticker sheet, you would add $20 extra to your base pledge of $25. So your pledge would be $45.
- Once backer surveys have been sent out, you will have the option to specify the item(s) you're adding on.
If you have any questions, feel free to message us!
★Having a letterer will allow us more time to fine-tune the artwork itself!
★Full color mini-comic about Oran and Leah's first date... smooching is involved. Scandalous!
★The elusive chapter 6 will be added to the book!
We want to thank everyone who supports our work! It makes the creation all the more worthwhile when we can share the journey with fans who are just as excited about this story as we are. We work extremely hard and have a lot of passion in what we do, and we're so excited to get to share that with all our amazing supporters. So thank you!
Risks and challenges
It's our first Kickstarter, but not our first comic. After a year of doing our webcomic, Woodlands, we've found an efficient workflow in making comics together, as well as keeping to an updating schedule. We also have a really supportive network of artists to help us along the way.
The chapters are scripted and edited, so now we begin production of the book! We plan to print the book in August 2019, which would land shipping in September. Backers will receive regular monthly updates on the production progress of the book via this campaign's "updates" section and on our social medias.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)