- THE FIRST EDITION OF THIS BOOK IS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN!!!!
- GET ONE OF ONLY 1000 BOOKS AVAILABLE!!!!
This book will represent functional glass in the world of art history. Defining the terms and movements of this genre will provide an understanding for the value of the medium.
"The functional glass community needs a book that will bridge the gap into the fine art world." M. SLINGER
"This book will teach collectors about the history of the movement and expose them to the artists that made me start blowing glass." ADAM G
"At first the art world was laughing at us, we were crawling... Now we are learning to talk." BANJO
With this Kickstarter we are seeking funds to print a stunning coffee table book filled with images of glass art that will shock and amaze! Help us publish THIS IS NOT A PIPE: The Evolution of the Glass Pipe and its Artists
This book will feature:
- The work of 50 glass artists.
- Featuring several glass works per artist.
- Artist techniques highlighted and defined.
- Artist Bio, focused to help you understand what drives their creative process.
"The art world does not grow from within its own ranks, it absorbs communities of collectors that exist by redefining the market." Anonymous
The terms, techniques and vocabulary provide a baseline for the conversations about this art form. This book will not only provide an opportunity for the novice collector to learn about the world of functional glass, but it will also stimulate the most seasoned glass blower.
"This book will identify and define the techniques of the functional glass movement." Nicholas Fahey
Risks and challenges
One of our greatest challenges is making sure the glass community feels this book is a true representation of the functional glass movement. To ensure we are creating the best book possible we need to have the funds to pay top notch contributors. Below is an outline of how we plan on spending the money raised for this book.
Allocation of $35,000:
- Print 1000 books (200 page Fine Art Book)
- Shipment of 1000 books
- Payment to Photographers for images in the book
- Payment to editors and copyright
- Travel for photographers to be able to identify and shoot the most important pipes of the last 30 years
- Payment to Kickstarter for hosting this campaign
- Cost to produce rewards such as pendants, signed lithographs, etc
- Travel to interview the 50 most influential artists included in the book
If we raise beyond our goal:
- More traveling to shoot other underground glass works
- Scholorship to an up and coming glass artist to pay for classes hosted by his/her desired masters
- Donation to a Veteran-based charity
- (30 days)