About this project
Thank you for looking at this project! If you have any questions please send us a message!
PRE-ORDER THE BUTTONS NOW AT A DISCOUNT PRICE BY BACKING THIS PROJECT!
How often have you fallen in love with a simple piece of clothing because of an exquisite detail? We love fashion but too often a great detail comes with a heavy price tag.
WHY HAVE ONE?
- Completely new and exciting form of accessory for men & women
- Customise and transform clothes for any style
- Pre-order the buttons from the designers at a fraction of retail price
Here's a little taster from our friend Juriaan!
WHAT ARE BUTTON CLIPS
- 18 karat gold or genuine silver plated buttons with designer's hallmark
- Precision cut, engraved and individually hand finished
- Buttons can be worn as a single item or as a set
- Small eye-catching detail on casual everyday wear or the finishing detail for more formal occasions
- 7 different unique designs
- Light enough not to pull on your garments
- The buttons unclip easily for no-fuss laundry
You can wear it on buttons with a diameter of 7mm - 12mm.
Please check out the different button shapes availble below.
ALL THE DESIGNS ARE AVAILABLE IN BOTH GOLD & SILVER.
Create your look: A silver set of solid square gems on a formal white shirt for a contemporary art deco style, a gold set of perforated hexagon gems on a blood burgundy shirt for Tudor feel or the full set of ecletic shapes for a bold tropical modernism look.
Risks and challenges
The challenge has been making a universal clipping system, we have spent a year prototyping and testing them to arrive at a design that fits and secures to standard shirt buttons, now we are ready for production.
It was a challenge to find a producer that could cut and engrave the metal and also fold and plate the buttons. After much searching and testing we have found the perfect manufacturer for our buttons in Japan. The factory can make the buttons with impeccable standards and now we are ready to place a big order to bring them to kickstarter at an accessible price.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- The buttons have a slot at the back which fits over regular shirt buttons. (Max button diameter: 12mm, Minimum button diameter 7mm)
- Yes, but avoid buttons that are too small (below 7mm diameter) or buttons that are loose.
- The buttons require very little if any cleaning but if needed use a silver / gold dip jewellery cleaner.
- Depends on the style, around 5 grams for styles 1-6, the pixel is around 10 grams.
- No we take care of the import duties into the UK. The buttons are packaged and distributed from the UK so there are no import duties for UK and the EU buyers.
- None if the value of the goods including shipping don't exceed 200 USD. For goods over this amount there is an 8% import duty. This will be charged by the the US customs when the package enters the US.
- We will send you a survey once the campaign has ended.
Support this project
- (30 days)