Risks and challenges
As a new developer, trying to break into this already difficult industry is a challenge in itself, but we would not have taken up this challenge if we did not believe in the concept and our teammate’s ability to complete this game. Of course, tackling a game of this scope or any game for that matter comes with risks and challenges, however it is our job to mitigate those risks by weighing what works and what will not. From our standpoint, we foresee the following risks and challenges as mitigated:
1. Script – REBORN is heavily dependent on the script for direction and therefore we consider this to be our most important piece of the game. Without a solid and concrete script that intertwines cut-scenes, in-game player character to NPC interactions by way of dialogs, discoverable texts, player character’s progressive License Board, weapons, equipment, magic’s, various technological augmentations, leveling system, rare loot, various character classes, hardware texts down to the emails that the player characters could access, REBORN will suffer on the latter parts of the game design. Besides Eric Thuan, we are fortunate to have an industry veteran involved who will help to weave together a cohesive storyline giving you, our fans a deep engaging story.
2. 3D Art – Without skilled modelers who are not only great at taking a 2D concept art and adapting it into 3D but modelers who are both fast and efficient with their time, REBORN could fail, however we are equally fortunate on this end. We are blessed to have some of the most experienced 2D and 3D artists in the industry and because of this winning combination, we are able to deliver to you a 90% close to accuracy in the 2D to 3D adaptation. Furthermore, all artworks and 3D assets created are done so with the next-gen consoles in mind.
3. CG/Animation – Where some studios suffer in terms of the fluidity of their animations, we are extremely fortunate and blessed to have the support of House of Moves (moves.com). Coupled together with Manar, our seasoned in-house Senior CG/Animator, we are able to give to our audience a very ‘humanness’ in terms of the emotion and fluidity of animations. Because of our strong connection to House of Moves and their commitment to REBORN, you can expect to receive the best in character animations!
4. Programming – with a game concept of this nature, it is imperative to have skilled, dedicated and passionate programmers, and as such we are fortunate to have not only Unreal helping us along the way with our development process, but also having strong programmers on staff truly makes for a progressive development process. Furthermore, we are also blessed to have our unannounced senior programmer, whom you will all know soon enough, giving us his undivided attention. That said, having programmers on staff is not just enough, but rather having programmers who are very knowledgeable with the Unreal Development Kit is extremely essential to a fast moving and cohesive ecosystem. We do not have time for our programmers to learn UDK, so when we setup our team, we ensured that our programmers were first very comfortable and knowledgeable of the Unreal Engine and as such, we are now staffed with teammates who are all enjoying the power of the Unreal Engine.
5. Music – this is an area of game development that rarely sees funding. Game development needs to emphasize on the atmosphere and as we can all learn from Bastion, from Super Giant Games, we need to revisit this lost area of development and nurture it as it will resound a great many thanks from gamers. As gamers, we are always looking to find that user intimacy, and we firmly believe that music is the way to connect the player and the experience they will attain from the game. That said, we are fortunate to have some amazing musicians on REBORN. As you can hear from some of the pieces that have already been created in our official Soundcloud page, we care deeply for the music in REBORN.
6. Building Awareness – Since we are licensed by SCEA with several approvals already in place for REBORN and with the help of ACTTIL, we are very lucky to be in this situation where we have support. Even with this support, we do not have the financial backing from major studios since we are still indie, therefore with the money we earn from Kickstarter, we will allocate a portion of it into marketing by way of magazines or online ads. In order to generate awareness and sales, we cannot do this without the support of our fans, like you! REBORN will only happen because of our fans and those both in the industry and fans alike who believe and have faith in us as we walk this journey together. So we reach out to you and ask for your support…Take this leap of faith with us as we push hard to getting a successful Kickstarter campaign completed. Let us create REBORN not only for us, but also for you, our loyal fans/supporters!
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter