The Gowanus' own whiskey-fueled cultural talk-fest, Dale Radio, is gearing up for another season. Read more
This project was successfully funded on September 16, 2011.
The Whiskey Glass is 51% Full!
Friends, thanks to the generosity of our backers, we're just past the halfway mark in the Dale Radio Season 4 Superfund!With 24 days to go, here are a few updates for you from Dale Radio HQ:
- We've secured the talented Lisa Mezzacappa to record a new take on the classic Dale Radio theme song. Originally composed by the singular, Steve O'Reilly at Engine Sound, each season brings a new version of the driving, Magnum PI-like intro. (Season 3's circus-inspired version was courtesy of SF's Lesser Half). Jeez, we oughta make all of the versions available as ringtones on the site!
- We're planning an event at a top secret, beautiful NYC location for a live taping. When it becomes middle, or even bottom secret, we'll let you know!
- A show in Los Angeles seems very likely and this support will help to make that possible! If we reach our goal we might also be able to premiere a new animated spectacular inspired by the Gowanus itself.
- Wanna see Dale's High Steppin Workout Video? I'm not sure I do, either, but that won't stop him from making it with your support!
- The fabulous Karen and the Sorrows are playing some upcoming gigs you may want to check out. Here are some links for those: Branded Saloon, 603 Vanderbilt Avenue at the corner of Bergen Street, Brooklyn, August 27th, 8pm. The Bowery Electric, Sept. 1, also at 8pm. You'll especially want to save the date, October 14, for the Gay Ole Opry. Here's an interview with Karen about the show courtesy of Butchieblog!
Thanks to all who have contributed so far! For as little as $4 you can join them as beloved Friends of the Program! Let's fill this glass!