Santé Restaurant & Charcuterie is one of the preeminent restaurants in the Inland Northwest. Located in Spokane, Washington, Santé prides itself on techniques that promote sustainable living and thinking globally. Santé and its owners, Jeremy & Kate Hansen, have won numerous local awards and honors.
The James Beard Foundation (JBF) promotes the culinary arts by honoring chefs, wine professionals, journalists, and cookbook authors at annual award ceremonies. As part of this process, JBF invites chefs from across the continent to come and cook dinner at their headquarters in New York City.
Jeremy Hansen, and the crew at Santé, have been invited to cook dinner at the James Beard House on August 15, 2013. As part of the dinner, Santé is required to pay for not only all of the food and beverages for an 80 person dinner, but is also responsible for all travel costs for everyone on the team.
As a staunch supporter of our local community, Santé is asking that the local community to help make the dream of cooking at the James Beard House a reality. Without Spokane, Santé could never have achieved what is has thus far; now it is Santé's turn to show the big city a bit of the amazingness coming from Spokane.
For more information on the dinner, please visit the event page on the James Beard website found here: http://www.jamesbeard.org/events/washington-bounty
Here is our preliminary menu for the dinner:
James Beard House Dinner
August 15 2013
Food from Spokane & the Inland northwest
- Santé charcuterie, jams, preserves, cheese, foraged berries, chutneys, Santé toast.
- Rocky Ridge Ranch berkshire pork loin, glace de viande de porc, red pepper confiture, fried pork skins (A Santé staple entree).
Chocolate braised berkshire pork belly, fleur de sel, Kelsey plum, Santé Bacon, Rocky Ridge Ranch free range duck egg yolk gel, foie gras toasted brioche.
Amuse bouche Green bluff peach chips, raw goats milk sponge.
Entrees w/ selected beverages:
- Columbia River sturgeon, apricot beurre fondu & gel, elderberry gastrique, Urban Eden Farm’s organic greens, gaufrette.
- Heritage Naturals muscovy duck, Santé potato gnocchi with heirloom carrot & coriander créma, rosemary infused 5-Mile honey, parsnips.
- Purple stripe garlic, herb & Cabernet sous vide Heritage bourbon red turkey, Mount Spokane huckleberry mostarda, potato thyme window.
- Intermezzo Mount Spokane foraged tayberry soda.
- Lostine Cattle, Scottish highland NY strip, marrow butter, seared Casselman plum, Walla Walla sweet onion brulée, glace de viande, calf's heart.
- Hazelnut financier, Starkrimson pear, 5-Mile honey gelato, apricot glaçage, huckleberry crocont.
For more information on the Santé family and restaurant, please check ou the following video:
Risks and challenges
Logistically speaking, getting 10-12 individuals to New York City, along with all the food and equipment needed will present numerous risks and challenges. However, with the team we have assembled, we do not doubt our ability to overcome these challenges, and will put on a terrific dinner for the JBF that showcases the up-and-coming food scene in Spokane.
Without a doubt, financing this project is the biggest single component. As a local small business, it would be nearly impossible for Santé to fund the project by itself.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (45 days)