About this project
THANKS TO YOUR SUPPORT WE HAVE REACHED OUR FUNDING GOAL OF $50,000, with 10 days to go!
Every one of us here at Torn Banner Studios is so grateful and excited to see this level of support from the community and we cannot wait to get this game into your hands! To celebrate the success of our Kickstarter we wanted to announce that we are doing a Q&A Video, taking your questions over the next 3 days and answering them in video format as an update.
Thank you for helping us work towards our dream.
We'd also like to take some time to announce our Stretch Goals, with 10 days left to go we are excited to see how far we can expand the game with your help! Please be aware that because we are in the finishing stages of Chivalry these stretch goals if reached might not be instantly available at launch (as they represent a lot of work!) but we will do our best to get them to you as soon as possible!
WHAT IS CHIVALRY: MEDIEVAL WARFARE?
CHIVALRY: Medieval Warfare is a first-person slasher with a focus on multi-player. Featuring competitive online combat that seeks to capture the experience of truly being on a medieval battlefield. We've drawn our inspiration from the intensity and epicness of swordfighting movies such as 300, Gladiator and Braveheart and we want to bring that experience to the hands of a gamer.
The game is skill-based and controls like a FPS, but instead of guns and grenades, players are given swords, shields, maces, battleaxes and longbows. Set in a fictional yet gritty and realistic world, players will fight in fast paced online battles besieging castles, raiding medieval villages and fighting for glory in the arena with up to 32 players.
We made a video explaining the game in more detail:
- Deep melee combat system provides players with a huge range of responsive combat options
- Adjust your attacks and blocks in real time with the mouse for precise and full control of the action
- Wield an arsenal of up to 60 brutal weapons ranging from broad swords and battle axes to longbows and javelins
- Dynamic objective system brings team tactics and strategy to the forefront as players batter down gates, raid villages and assassinate enemy royalty to achieve victory.
- Use a variety of siege weapons ranging from catapults, boiling oil, ballista, battering rams and more
- Vast, lush environments that transport the player to a gritty and immersive medieval world.
- Offline play options that allow players to gain familiarity with the controls and gameplay before being thrust into the action.
Find out more on our new website:
For us, Kickstarter represents several awesome opportunities, making it a win win situation for current or new fans of the game and the development team.
- Because kickstarter fees are less than those from traditional online distributors, we are actually able to offer the game for cheaper, while the developers make roughly the same amount. So it allows our fanbase to pick up the game at a reduced price and in doing so more directly support us, the developers of the game.
- Kickstarter is also an excellent way for us to allow preorders for the game, something we were unlikely to be able to do otherwise due to "redtape" and regulations with many online distributors.
- Kickstarter in itself is a great marketing opportunity for exposure with the game.
- Kickstarter allows us to offer players a variety of additional products based around the game such as t-shirts, posters and custom art.
- Paying off Debt and loans, when we said many team members had given up everything to do this, we meant it. The development team has personally dug deep into its own pockets over the past two years and put a lot on the line to make this happen because for us it is a labour of love.
What are the Rewards?
$5 Tier -
Exclusive Wallpaper and your name on our website as a kickstarter supporter
Ready for Battle Edition - $25 Tier
Digital Copy of the Game (As a Steam Product Key)
Symphony of Death and Destruction Edition - $35 Tier
A Digital Copy of the game + Digital copy of the Original Sound Track
OST will include 15 Tracks, including "Onward to Glory", sampled here:
Sign me up for Beta Edition - $50 Tier
Early access to the game (~1 Month early) and Exclusive media reveals + A Digital Copy of the game + A digital copy of the OST
Collectors Edition - $65 Tier
All previous rewards + Retail Copy of the Game (Please include $10 for shipping)
(Boxart and package details not yet finalized)
Brothers in Arms Edition - $75 Tier
Four digital copies of the game (All with Early Access) + OST + Early access to the game + Exclusive media reveals
Mason Warrior Edition - $100 Tier
Mason supporter T-shirt + Your name in the game credits as Mason supporter +digital copy of the game + OST + Early Access to the game + Exclusive media reveals (Please add $15 for shipping)
Agathian Knight Edition - $100 Tier
Agatha supporter T-shirt + Your name in the game credits as an Agathian supporter + digital copy of the game + OST + Early Access to the game + Exclusive media reveals (Please add $15 for shipping)
OR Replace any t-shirt option with the Generic Chivalry Version:
Prestige Edition - $150 Tier
Exclusive Ingame Helmet + your name in the game credits as a warrior of prestige + Agatha or Mason supporter T-shirt + digital copy of the game + OST + Early Access to the game + Exclusive media reveals (Please add $15 for shipping)
Well Endowed Edition - $250 Tier
All previous rewards + Too Big Sword T-shirt + Your name in the game credits as a double fisted supporter, includes retail copy of the game (Please add $15 for shipping)
The Art of Death Edition - $500 Tier
All previous rewards + Signed artwork from our Concept Artist (Richard Yang) + Your name in the game credits as a Chivalry Fanboy, Includes retail copy of the game (please add $20 for shipping)
See more of Richard Yang's work here: http://neilblade.deviantart.com/gallery/
Sir Nameabot Edition - $750 Tier
All previous rewards + Name one of the Bots in the game (Subject to approval, must not be profane or obscure) + Your name in the game credits as a Chivalry Fanboy, includes retail copy of the game (please add $20 for shipping)
Knights of the Torn Banner Edition - $1,000 Tier
- All previous rewards + Every game and all DLC Torn Banner Studios ever makes for free + Your name in the game credits of every game we ever make as a Lifetime Supporter and Knight of the Torn Banner. Includes retail copy of the game (We'll cover all shipping)
Legendary Hero Edition - $2500 Tier
All inclusive. Get all T-shirt options, all Poster options, Art from Richard Yang, name a bot and every game and all DLC we ever make for free + credit in the game as a Hero of the Torn Banner and Life time supporter + A handwritten thank you scroll from the developers. Includes signed retail copy of the game (We'll cover all shipping)
Immortal Edition – $5,000 Tier
All previous rewards + Commissioned Art by Richard Yang, you describe a battle scene or moment that you want designed specifically for you (can feature you defeating your friend on the battlefield or you rescuing your loved one etc.) and our artist will create it exclusively for you. (Must be Chivalry or Medieval era related) Includes signed retail copy of the game (We'll cover all shipping)
See more of Richard Yang's work here:
PC is the only confirmed platform
We are currently looking into the possibility of a Mac version of Chivalry, so at this time we cannot fully confirm it will be available on Mac, though we would certainly like it to be. If you are only able to play if it is on Mac then we recommend you wait to pledge until we can clarify fully that we can or cannot support Mac. Hopefully we will know in a few weeks, before the project closes. Linux is not possible to support because it is not supported by the unreal 3 engine which Chivalry runs on.
The game will require steam to play.
Yes, you will be given a steam product key and be able to activate it via steam.
Yes it does
No it does not, but all tiers $250 and above do.
At launch, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare will cost $30 USD
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is being created on the Unreal 3 engine. The Unreal 3 Engine is the most powerful and easy to use engine in the world. It is developed by http://www.unrealengine.com/.
The Beta will begin the day after our KS ends, if we are successfully funded! This means you can play Chivalry September 16th if you are pledged at the $50 or higher level!
The game will not include a full-blown single-player campaign. That being said there are options for offline play such as training and the ability to play against competent AI opponents in all of the same modes and maps as the MP game.
No, we have decided to focus our attention on delivering the highest quality foot-based melee combat because we believe that no commercial product has done this successfully yet. The game also has a strong focus on siege warfare and horses would not fit in the maps as designed.
Yes we come from a modding background and would love to be able to support modding of Chivalry. This will not be fully available on launch but we are hoping to be able to launch an SDK to allow users to create their own maps, modes and models.
Our current targetted min specs are:
OS: Windows XP +
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
Graphic card: ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
Hard drive: 3GB
Support this project
- (30 days)