Where’s this game set?
This game is set in Town. It’s a pretty nice place, surprisingly rustic, with about 165 square miles of settlement and suburbs and 80,000 people calling it home.
At its core, Town is
- Fortitude, a sweet, laid-back pastoral region;
- Horizon, the ruins of a vampire’s “Night London;”
- Big Lake, that spans the worlds, and its
- Little Island — a jewel in that endless lake;
- Arcadia, a dazzling whirl of fun and magic;
- Old Molder, left over from the age of progress;
- Bluebell Park, a lurid place of alien magic; and
- the Walking Fields, dotted by scattered settlements;
and beyond and around all of that is the Outside.
Town used to be a youkai place. It used to be a monster town, home to creatures that served the gods of dream and nightmare. It used to be in darkness, every day, as it had no sun. But then humans came sailing over the Lake — first from Russia, then from Japan, and later elsewhere; and Alexandrel Celdinar built Night London; there was a grand age of deviant science and strange wonder, and one day Jade Irinka showed up.
She was the sun.
She’s dead now. She’s dead, and we all almost went with her. But we didn’t. The sun came back — there are a handful of different stories as to the reason — and that pretty much brings us up to the present day, in Town.
If we make it there I’ll get to include the region-book for Fortitude, Fortitude: by the Docks of Big Lake in this kickstarter! I’m looking forward to that — the book brings me joy.
It’ll make you feel you could live here. ^_^