Let me begin by noting my immense gratitude for your contributions, and my profound hope that Eos will send out your print copies any day now.
Only, on January 28, Mr. Chen let me know that the printing had started. And since that time, I’ve been trying desperately to get a photo; or a copy; or the name of the printer; or any evidence that the distributor has received the books. And I’ve only received one set of pictures so far, on March 25, and when I looked closely, it turned out to be two unrelated books in a Chuubo’s slipcover.
. . .
That’s all I have for you: I did get a picture. And it was not the books. I am embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed.
Today I’ve cleansed the last Eos assets from the books and have asked DriveThruRPG to move the books to my own account. I should receive proof copies in late July for the updated versions of:
- The Chuubo’s Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPG (premium color)
- The Chuubo’s Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPG (standard color)
- The Chuubo’s Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPG Halloween Special
- The Techno Player’s Guide for the Chuubo’s Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPG
Once I have a clean proof, I’ll turn on print-on-demand for these books. As I do so, I’ll send print sponsors electronic coupons for an at-cost (no profit to me) hardcopy of each of these books.
Eos retained the funds for printing and shipping the books. For all I know they will print and ship them.
I’m so sorry that this is all that I can do.
- Work on the supplements continues. I’ll discuss the situation there in more detail at a later point.
- Future updates may come by email in the unlikely event I lose access to this account.
- 9/15/2014—final print files forwarded to Eos.
- 1/28/2015—Eos informs me that they’re printed but need time to dry.
- 1/28/2015—I begin trying to get a picture.
- 3/25/2015—I receive a picture of two different books in the Chuubo’s slipcover.
- 4/8/2015—Eos informs me that international sponsor copies are in Taiwan and ready to be shipped out, and domestic copies will reach our distributor on May 17-31.
- 5/3/2015—Eos promises me that someone else will take and send a picture that week.
- 6/6/2015—the distributor has no information on the book (confirmed by phone).
- 7/1/2015—the book remains unavailable at the distributor. No further messages from Eos.