Working on 2 NEBBY programs at once.
Hello, Nebby Neighbors:
We've been busy lately, working on two NEBBY programs at the same time.
First: This Saturday, April 7, starting around 9 AM, we'll be shooting the next NEBBY show (it will be #4) at the Pittsburgh Vintage Mixer at the Teamster Temple in Lawrenceville. It's a very cool sale of vintage and retro items, a primo flea market if you will, an amazing gathering of vendors and shoppers who appreciate the beauty and utility of all kinds of old stuff! The organizers call it "A Day Of Kitsch Conversation and Collectibles"! The sale is open to the public, and if you would like to stop by, we would love to see you. There's a $5 admission fee (kids under 12 free) and who knows? You may find something you've always wanted!
Also: We've been shooting and editing NEBBY #3 that will be titled PEOPLE WHO'VE WRITTEN BOOKS AROUND HERE, and we've learned a lot. It is scheduled to premiere on April 26 at 8 PM on WQED TV. We hope you'll watch.
So, stop by this Saturday if you're so inclined. And stay tuned for PEOPLE WHO'VE WRITTEN BOOKS AROUND HERE. We also put together a short Suggested Reading List for the program:
A NEBBY READING LIST
Books You Might Consider Picking Up Before Watching PEOPLE WHO’VE WRITTEN BOOKS AROUND HERE
- O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
- The Mysteries of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon
- The Gone World by Tom Sweterlitsch
- Emily, Alone by Stewart O’Nan
- The Drowning Boy’s Guide To Water by Cameron Barnett
- The Teeth Of The Comb & Other Stories by Osama Alomar
- Belief Is Its Own Kind Of Truth by Lori Jakiela
- Two Small Birds by Dave Newman