Army Antz is a real-time tactics app for mobile devices. It's an all out war between the Blue and Red antz for control over the park.
The Blue Team
The Red Team
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Army Antz is an Overview Real-time tactics game, that will be built with the Unity 3D engine. We are going with a Cartoon look for the game with toon shaded colors. Army Antz will feature lots of fun with single or multiplayer online play with many characters, each with their own class of weapons to choose from.
We want you to be able to play it on your big TV right from your iPhone or iPad with your family or friends using your Apple TV.
Our current goal is creating our finished project for the iPod/iPhone/iPad/Android. Then after port it to the PC/Mac, maybe one day on XBox, PS3 and Wii. We are asking for support to give us the opportunity to finish our game and produce more games in the near future.
The Background of Army Antz
Hey Kickstarter's, my name is Jonathan and I’m the designer of
Army Antz and this is how it all started. A cold snowy day just lying on the
couch surfing the web on my phone having a retro day of old 80's toys.
I came across these old "Army Ants" toys made by Hasbro that I used to play with as a child back in 1987. This stuck in the back of my head for a while. I also was checking out old Sega games and saw another one of my old favorite games I played every day called "General Chaos" made in 1994. This made a spark in my head and the idea of Army Antz started to come alive.
Jump into the park with Army Antz dressed as World War 2 soldiers. It's an all out war between Blue and Red Antz for supremacy over the park. Defeat the opposing antz to gain land and power for your home colony.
THE ART STYLE
We are doing a bright and colorful cartoon style with detailed art.
THE GAME PLAY
Our game will be a Real-time tactics game. The main objective is to take down the other team. You will be tapping away at the screen to direct your team further into the battlefield, but don't rush, cause if you don't strategize, you just might not make it back. Take out the other players weakest link or group your team up and take the biggest Ant down. It's an Onslaught War.
For the best example for game play check out "General Chaos" for Sega 1994.
WHAT WE ARE PUTTING IN IT
Multi player Online Wi-fi
Vs or team Co-op
On Multi player we plan to have an invite by facebook/username or email. Also we are adding Game Center and Open Feint.
3 Size of Antz, Small, Tall and Big
Classes of Ants
- Assault (Rifle)
- Close Quarters Combat (Knives)
- Grenadier (Grenades)
- Mechanic (Assistant)
- Scout (Duel Handguns)
- Sniper (Long-Range Rifle)
- Demolition Specialist (TNT)
- Flame Thrower
- Medic (Assistant)
- Pilot (Napalm)
- Trencher (Shotgun)
- Suppression Gunner (Light Machine Gun)
- Missile Launcher
- Tank Driver (Tank Beetle)
14 Amazing 3D maps build around a public park.
- Picnic Blanket
- Muddy Footprint
- Trash filled Sidewalk
- Sand Box
- Shallow creek
- And many more
- Magnifying Glass
Nasty Hazards to watch out for
- Slipping in the mud
- Drowning in a puddle of water
- Stepping on Land Mines
- Tripping over Barbwire
- Sticky situation
We are 4 months into the game production and have a good chunk done. The team is expecting to have this game done in a 2 month period with your pledges. We see this game being launched by July of 2012. We are focused and want to make this game fun, replayable and challenging.
T.K.O. Gamez is an indie developer group of freelance artists from around the world. Between working our real jobs, we come up with our own games and Army Antz is our first choice.
Also Check out our Composers site. http://www.richdouglas.net
Remember, Kickstarter is all or nothing. That means, if we don't reach our goal the game release will be prolonged.
When we reach our goal of $10,000 it will be spent on:
- Legal Fees
- Web Hosting
If we go over the $10,000 we can do a lot more
- Unity Pro
- Unity iSO Pro
- Unity Android Pro
- More Features
OUR THANKS TO YOU
For every one who made a Pledge and support, we thank you for making our dreams come true. We hope you'll enjoy our game and future games to come when they are released.
Our Multi player we plan to have a invite by facebook/username or email. Also we are adding Game Center and Open Feint
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
- First created · 0 backed
- Has not connected Facebook
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
* Get your name put on the Army Antz website for a speical thanks.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $15 or moreYou selected
* Get a Copy for the iPhone/Android and every thing aboveEstimated delivery:
Pledge $20 or moreYou selected
* Get a Copy for the iPad or iPhone/Android and every thing aboveEstimated delivery:
Pledge $40 or moreYou selected
* Get a Army Antz DogTag Chain and every thing aboveEstimated delivery:
Pledge $60 or moreYou selected
* Get a Army Antz Arm Wrist Band and every thing aboveEstimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
* Get a Army Antz poster and every thing aboveEstimated delivery:
Pledge $200 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (10 left of 10)
* Get access to a closed beta * Get a Army Antz shirt and every thing aboveEstimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (5 left of 5)
* Get a Army Antz coffee mug With a Speicel Thanks * Choose a name for a antz squad in the game and every thing aboveEstimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (2 left of 2)
* Get a Army Antz coffee mug with you'r name & A Producer for Army Antz * Become a Exclusive Producer for Army Antz with your company's Logo in the credits and every thing aboveEstimated delivery:
Pledge $2,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (2 left of 2)
* Get a Army Antz Toy Figure of your choice * Get to design a level for the Army Antz Game and every thing aboveEstimated delivery:
- (30 days)