Nomad Quest is an action/adventure game inspired by Zelda. You play a wizard who grows in magical power by conquering dungeons.
Nomad Quest is an action/adventure game inspired by Zelda. You play a wizard who grows in magical power by conquering dungeons. Read more
Download the Nomad Quest Demo
Vote for Nomad Quest on Steam Greenlight
Nomad Quest is an action/adventure game heavily inspired by the Zelda games of old (primarily The Legend of Zelda and The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past). The game stars a user-named wizard protagonist. His goal is to grow in magical power by conquering the dungeons around the realm.
Nomad will feature somewhere between 8 to 12’ish dungeons. Each dungeon will have a different locale with unique enemies, items, puzzles, and bosses. My goal is to make each dungeon feel as different and distinct from the others as possible. The Nomad Quest demo will give you an early look at one of our dungeons.
If you're interested in Nomad try the demo out for yourself. Even if you aren't planning on funding us, please take the time to send us some feedback about our demo and vote for us on Steam Greenlight. If Greenlit, all backers pledging $5.00 or more will receive a steam key. Nomad Quest will not become a reality without your support! Thank you, in advance, for all your kindness and support!
- Explore hand-crafted dungeons filled to the brim with challenging puzzles and monsters
- Enjoy 16-bit artwork that brings back retro nostalgia
- Discover unique spells and items that alter gameplay
- Battle diverse bosses and mini-bosses
- Earn gold to upgrade your spells and equipment
- Full controller support (Xbox)
- $5,000 - Large overworld to explore that connects the dungeons (as opposed to a world map)
- $6,000 - Endless arena-type dungeon with increasingly harder and harder foes
- $8,000 - Two large new dungeons that will be released as free downloadable content
- $10,000 - Android Tablet Support
- $20,000 - Local Co-op (1-2 players)
More stretch goals to come if funding exceeds $20,000
*Note: Any and all stretch goals achieved may be delayed until after the initial game release.
This is why I need additional funding from you:
- Music and sound effects (current demo has none)
- Additional artwork or licensed sprite sheets
- Unity packages from the unity asset store
- Steam Greenlight fee
- Website operating costs
- Quality control
- Performance optimizations
- Living costs
Like us on Facebook
Visit our Webpage
Risks and challenges
Nomad Quest is being made in Unity. I've written the backbone of the game's engine in about a month and a half. Now that most of the core features have been implemented, development time will be significantly reduced. The most time-consuming part of development is designing each of the game's dungeons. Despite this, I am hoping that with your support I'll be able to release the game by the end of the summer. Sometimes game development can hit unexpected snags however and therefore the end of the year is probably a more reasonable goal. I am confident I'll be able to deliver the game before this year ends.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)