About 100 boards have shipped so far, and backers are loving them! Here are some of their comments:
“This thing has an amazing amount of torque, adding a ‘slow mode’ [for beginners] was definitely the right call!” - Adrien F
"I am officially boosted! Woo!!! Thank you Boosted team. Just opening the package I felt a sense of value and quality from the exterior of the box to the product itself. I find myself having to keep calm and regain composure as I indulge in my new toy like a young toddler would, and making sure I follow the directions for safety and product knowledge." - Dragon
“I’m a touch over 200 lbs and the board goes uphill fast enough to scare me. I don’t think I will find myself wanting more power” - Charles M
“I have trouble putting it into words. The ride is beautiful. So. Much. Fun. Almost magical. I'm in love with my board.” - Charles M
We've had some minor delays that have been resolved, and here are the reasons and solutions.
1. Software safety update. Recently one of our riders fell off a board and broke his arm. Fortunately, he’s recovering well after surgery. We analyzed the accident to see why it happened, and we decided to implement a software update to make the board respond more gradually to extremely sudden changes in throttle input (such as if you drop the remote or if the wireless connection cuts out). This update is going out on all your boards, and we held shipping until we had finished writing and testing it. This will not delay any further shipments.
Never ride at speeds or on hills where you would be out of control or unable to stop on a regular skateboard.
2. Manufacturing ramp-up. According to our original schedule, we would have completed 175 boards by March 1. We are behind on this production schedule by 30 boards because we slowed our production rate to maintain our quality standards. However, we will be at our planned production rate soon.
1. Air shipping. Before we can ship the batteries by air, they need to be tested thoroughly by an external lab. The lab is currently conducting the test and will be finished in around 4 weeks. We fully expect the batteries to be certified, at which point we’ll start shipping by air to backers by batch number. This applies to backers in Hawaii, Alaska, and outside the US.
2. Engraving. Our laser engraving machine was delayed and is finally running today. If you pledged the additional $100 on Kickstarter for engraving (or if engraving was included with your pledge), we expect an additional 3 weeks to dial in the machine and finish engraving your boards. If you would like engraving added to your board for an additional $100 please contact us.
3. International Backers. Besides air-transport certification, each country has individual certification requirements that need to be met. Otherwise, they could be held in customs or returned to us. Meeting these requirements is a very complex process and will mean that some boards will be shipped out by the middle of April, and others may take longer if countries have more restrictive regulations. Alternatively, if you do have an address in the continental US that you can use for pickup, please contact us.
4. No information. Some backers never responded with their address information. We’re contacting you separately to get this, so please keep an eye out for another email from us! You may want to whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org
New Shipping Schedule
All early-bird, first-batch, and second-batch backers be shipped by this week (unless delayed for a reason above).
Third-batch backers will ship between Monday (March 10th) and mid-April.
Thanks for your enthusiasm, support and patience!