Limited run custom suits made for you through our one-on-one virtual fitting process.
1701 Bespoke formed in suburban Detroit in 2012 as a way to offer men top of the line handmade suiting at great prices. Our unique in-home fitting process has proven so successful that we decided to bring it to the web and offer a curated, limited run, seasonal suit line.
What We're Doing
We'll be offering two customizable collections - a basics collection and a limited quantity seasonal collection.
- The basics collection will consist of suits we believe should be in every man's wardrobe and will be offered year round.
- The seasonal collection will be curated, limited run looks that change throughout the year. When one looks sell out, a new look will take it's place and so on.
- Every suit in the seasonal collection (as well as the basics collection) will come with a one on one virtual fitting with a 1701 clothier.
Making Our First Seasonal Line
- With successful funding, we will begin our order process for the upcoming seasons.
- This includes, choosing fabrics, designing full suits, as well as jacket and trouser separates.
- We then need to hire and fit a model, make each predesigned suit, and hire a photographer to shoot the entire catalogue of designs.
- Once each line has been made and photographed, we can then offer them to the public online utilizing our completely unique online fitting process that is already in development.
About The Suits
All of the suits we make are fully canvassed, crafted with copious amounts of handwork and utilize fabrics from the world's best mills. Crafting a suit by hand produces a level of detail only achieved through the precision and talent of a skilled tailor that cannot be replicated by a machine. This leads to a suit that drapes perfectly and fits better each time you wear it. Below is just a partial list of features included in all our suits:
- Full canvassing
- Real horn or natural corozo buttons
- Basted lapels, creating a beautiful lapel roll
- Flower loop on the back of the lapel
- Turned back collar, prevents the melton (collar felt) from being seen while the collar is flat
- After dinner split on trousers, offering more comfort in the waist
- Slip stitched belt loops
- D-bar stitch on all pocket edges, reinforces the pocket and prevents ripped seams
- And much more...
Why We Need You
We've got the suit making and fitting process down, and the website and fit portal are being built. Now we need your help to launch our very first line of suits.
With your generous contribution we will be ordering fabrics, designing and making the suits for the upcoming seasons' collections, hiring the photographer, studio time, and models and creating the snail-mail kits.
Take a look through our many rewards. They're sure to make this a fun project to be involved in.
Thank you for your support!
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Creating a line of custom clothing isn't easy. There are a lot of factors that need to come together like puzzle pieces, from the timing of the fabric order, to deciding which styles are going to be popular and which will not. We've put a ton of time into designing the looks we want, and planning out how our goals will be accomplished. Now we just need the last piece of this puzzle - your help.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
- First created · 0 backed
- Has not connected Facebook
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
HAND WRITTEN NOTE: For a donation of $5 or more we'll send you a personal, hand written letter thanking you for your support . Everyone knows that's worth at least $6.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
SECRET HANDSHAKE: Tom & Max will create and film a secret handshake, in case you ever see one of us in person. Valued at $Priceless.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
1701 BESPOKE HANGERS & SUIT BRUSH: With a donation of $50 or more, we'll send you three custom, big-shouldered 1701 Bespoke hangers, and one 1701 Bespoke suit brush.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $300 or moreYou selected
HANDMADE TROUSER: For a donation of $300 or more you'll get your choice of handmade trouser from our first seasonal line. Our handmade line is built with a tons of handwork, resulting in great quality and fit.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $650 or moreYou selected
HANDMADE JACKET: For a donation of $650 or more you'll get your choice of handmade jacket from our first seasonal line. Our handmade line is built with a tons of handwork, resulting in great quality and fit.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $900 or moreYou selected
HANDMADE 2-PIECE SUIT: For a donation of $900 or more we will work with you to build an awesome, fully canvassed, handmade, 2-piece suit. Nothing compares to the construction, drape and quality of a handmade suit. In the world of fine suiting, it doesn't get any better.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,100 or moreYou selected
HANDMADE 3-PIECE SUIT: For $1,100 or more, Tom & Max will work with you to build a great fitting, fully canvassed, handmade, 3-piece suit. Nothing compares to the construction, drape and quality of a handmade suit. This one is for the sartorially astute!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,700 or moreYou selected
TWO HANDMADE 2-PC SUITS: Because 2 is better than 1! Donate $1700 or more and Tom & Max will work with you to build two, 2-piece handmade suits. This one's for those of you who like to buy in bulk.Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)