- You play as a video game addict who finds himself in a unique situation that allows him to use his passion for gaming to uncover the truth behind the death of his friend and mentor.
- The game will have a heavy focus on its atmosphere. We are trying to make the game world an enjoyable environment in which to immerse yourself.
- Navigate environmental hazards while battling high-tech low-lifes. Explore an engaging setting, meet interesting people and shoot interesting people.
In a world where information is power, hacking and InfoSec have become dominant industries. Corporations and governments employ massive teams of hackers who write algorithms to attack, defend and counter attack public and private networks. Security software and hardware is perpetually upgraded to gain advantage in these never ending technological hostilities. But the Cyberneticist Dr. Rob Otto invented a game changer in the Cyberwarfare arms race. Dr. Otto created a device that translates hostile algorithms used against it into temporal and spatial relationships that, while incomprehensible to a computer program, can easily be solved by a human. In other words the device can turn even the most sophisticated cyber security layers into a video game. As fate would have it one of the greatest gamers ever known is now in possession of Rob Otto's invention. Recasting him to one of the greatest hackers in existence today.
You play as Clitch Dibbles, a video game enthusiast who's a regular in local and international arcade tournaments. Clitch's best friend Dr. Rob Otto is a hacker/Cyberneticist that Clitch has known his whole life. One day right before qualifications for a large game competition Dr. Otto tells Clitch he has made a remarkable breakthrough in securities infiltration. He thinks Clitch would really enjoy it and tells him to stop by his apartment to check it out. After the game tourney Clitch goes to visit his friend, but the doc's house has been surrounded by police and firefighters. Clitch inquires as to what happened and the cops informs him that Dr. Rob Otto was victim of a home invasion by a local gang, and they lit the place on fire. Clitch goes home to find he has a package waiting for him and it is from the Doctor. Inside is a note explaining what the Doctor has created and that he thinks Clitch is the perfect person to use the device.
- GAME - DRM-Free digital copy of the final game.
- MANUAL - Instructions for controls, with introductory story elements.
- ARTBOOK - Concept art, sketches and artworks made for the game.
- SOUNDTRACK - Select songs and soundscapes.
- EXTENDED ARTBOOK - Will have a "making of" section and an increased selection of artworks produced during development.
- EXTENDED SOUNDTRACK - Will include every song produced for the game during development.
- CREDITS - Your name or alias will be put into the game's final credits.
- NAG SCREEN - Create up to seven responses for a NPC to respond with after pestering them with excessive inquires.
- NAME IN LIGHTS - Up to three words on a custom made sign to be placed in the game world.
- CHARACTER DESIGNER - Give us a sketch, written description or both and we will feature that character in the game in a minor role.
- CHARACTER DESIGN (with Facial Animation) - Give us a sketch, written description or both. This character will also be given custom facial animation and will have a role in telling the story.
- $30,000 - Mac and Linux Versions.
- $40,000 - Voice Acting.
- $50,000 - Multi-Player Online Battle Mode.
- $60,000 - Upon completing this game we'll then make a sequel to this game and you'll get that game and the same rewards, at whatever level you pledge on this KickStarter, for free.
'We' are two brothers, Adam and Nathaniel, who oversee all aspects of the game's creation (writing, visual arts, sound design, programming, etc.) We are freelance artists who are also interested in game development. We have programmed many hobbyist games for fun and now want to take it further and produce an all encompassing artwork, to share with others.
We have been working on this game on weekends and in our free time, but would be grateful for the opportunity to work on this game full time. We feel we've made good progress on our game given a limited time frame, however getting funded will allow us to devote full our attention to this project.
We also would like to get our backers involved in the project, providing us feedback and suggestions during the development of the game. Being a small team we have the ability to quickly adapt our game based on suggestions from our community.
Thank you for taking the time to check out our project and a huge thanks to our generous backers!
Check out our music on SoundCloud.
Follow us on Twitter.
Risks and challenges
We are a two man team. So any game is a challenge.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (41 days)