Upgrade Blitz Built Games
The card based skirmish game designed to be as creative as the players. Bring your favorite characters into battle.
Welcome Backers to Blitz Built Games,
Do you have favorite characters and creatures from far different universes? Would you like to see them battle?
BBG brings a core rule system that lets you pull units from anyone's imagination and brings them to table-top gaming. Build your own army, equip cards to each unit, choose the gameplay, construct the battlefield, and take your opponents apart brick by brick.
Gameplay on a scale from 1-5:
- Strategy: 4
- Luck: 3
- Bluff: 1
- Customizability: 5
- Learning Curve: 2
Target Markets: Lego fans, Transformers fans, Dinosaur fans, Tolkien fans, Star Wars fans, Mecha fans, Space Fans, and a few other fans. What are you a fan of? We'll see when we have a deck coming out for you.
Blitz Built Games is the culmination of several conversations about game play mechanics, K.I.S.S. rule systems, Brick Blitz, and three earlier Mini Blitz phases. Brick Blitz was started by us in 2011 and had one redeeming quality. After it was discontinued, we plucked out of the ashes the Encumbrance System. A system by which each character’s speed was determined by the equipment it was carrying. A heavily armed character would naturally go slower than a lightly equipped one.
The Battle Value System and Encumbrance System working together make an equal battlefield for players that they can customize their armies within. Each Deck brings its own genre to the fully mixable battlefield. You choose who's in your Army and build it.
Backers get there choice of decks based on how large they back. To set up a Multiple Deck Battle, first choose the Battle Value for each player. The player then sets up all of their Characters with assigned Class cards (Based on Character Size) up to that Battle Value.
For example: Playing a 16 B.V. game could have:
- (1) 16 B.V. Soldier Class
- (2) 8 B.V. Recon Class
- (4) 4 B.V. Minion Class
- (8) 2 B.V. Mini Blitz figs.
- (1) 8 B.V. Recon Class & (4) 2 B.V. Mini Blitz figs
- (1) 8 B.V. Recon Class & (1) 4 B.V. Minion Class & (2) 2 B.V. Mini Blitz figs.
Then choose the Type card that best represents your characters shape.
And finally, assign equipment and utility cards that best represent your characters attacks and abilities.
Each Mini Blitz deck has equipment cards for 5 minifigs and can be played by 2-5 players. They are:
- Medieval: Pointy weapons with special attacks. Playable Army Battle Value: 2-10
- 20th Century: Military Firearms and Explosives. Playable Army Battle Value: 2-10
- Beyond Earth: Lasers and Future Tech. Playable Army Battle Value: 2-10
- Arcanum: Customizable Weapons and Spells. Playable Army Battle Value: 2-10
Each Mega Blitz deck has cards for 3 characters or creatures and can have 2-3 players. They are:
Lords of the Wild Island: Large Jungle Creatures both distant past and present. Playable Army Battle Value: 4-32
- Mechanations of Nations: Military Hardware Both Present and Near Future. Playable Army Battle Value: 4-32
- Giants of Mechropolis: Features the 'Conversion Adapter' equipment card that allows a character to transform from one type to another. Synthetic Creatures from a Distant Planet. They have Lasers. Playable Army Battle Value: 4-32
- Creatures of Lore: Features the 'Chimera' Type card that allows you to pick and choose which limbs and how many to add to a character. Ancient Powerful creatures from lands rarely seen. Stand before their power at your Peril. Playable Army Battle Value: 4-32
Would you like to see more?
- Drop prices from $15 each deck to $10 permanently.
- New Artwork and Layout for Mini Blitz cards.
- Finish the rule tweeks on Mega Blitz.
- Create Mega Blitz Decks.
- Ship in November so that it’s ready for Christmas.
We are a loose group of gamers, family men, educators, engineers, youth, and fans who came together to make this project possible. I would share the names of my colleagues, but I do not have their permission. My name is Joshua and I am spearheading Blitz Built Games. Warning: Picture below. Might break your screen. I'm the one with the beard and speeding ticket. And, amazingly, my head still attached (though not for want of his trying).
You can meet me at the following events in Washington State.
Thank you for backing us! :)
Who's in your Army?
Risks and challenges
The Rules are ready, The Artwork is not. The funding will enable me to get whatever I need to make this game look good. (software, hardware, feedback, maybe an actual artist.)
The Printer is ready, the packaging is ready, the game works well. It's time to upgrade.
Another challenge, accurately describing how this game works. You (the customer) bring all the playing pieces to the battlefield, apply cards that govern each character's abilities.
You don't enter the world of Blitz Built Games, the rules of Blitz Built Games enters your favorite world(s).
- (46 days)