Bridgetown Brew Works is coming to Westwood!
Bridgetown Brew Works is coming to Westwood!
Help us start a family owned Craft Brewery on the West Side of Cincinnati and start tracking your very own GeoKeg!
Help us start a family owned Craft Brewery on the West Side of Cincinnati and start tracking your very own GeoKeg! Read more
Bridgetown Brew Works is so close to being a reality. This is our second go at a this crowd funding campaign enigma. Our first which was on fundable.com fell short of our goal so we decided to move on and try again here. At this point we have gotten quite a bit further than we were 6 months ago. We have found our home on Harrison Avenue in the former home of Wullenweber Motors. We've finalized a few of our beer recipes and the others are nearly perfected as well. Now, we need your help to build our Taproom and Brewery. We can then begin production of a bunch of delicious brews and serve the Community of Westwood, Cincinnati, and the West Side!
$25,000 will be enough to help complete the building modifications, and purchase some equipment but anything beyond will help us get the doors open even sooner. Your donation will also help out local charities with 5% of this campaign going directly to Cincinnati Children's Giving Hope Program.
Bridgetown Brew Works is a family owned craft brewery and taproom set to open on the West Side in the Spring of 2015. Cincinnati has a handful of craft beer options, but few really represent our beer-loving legacy. By honoring our heritage, we'll bring some West Side flavor to the local beer market and provide Cincinnatians from all over the city a new, authentic destination to enjoy not only our in-house beers but a variety of other locally-brewed options.
We're thrilled to have the opportunity to represent our city's heritage and bring it into the future of craft brewing with our West Side brews. Hopefully when we open our doors you'll have the opportunity to not only explore other locally-brewed favorites, but also 5 of our own in-house brews:
- Oak Hills Lager
- Hairpin IPA
- Muddy Creek Wheat
- Bridgetown Hefeweizen
- Devils Blackbone IPA
- Roland Sodas - Root Beer and other natural sodas
As a member of the local community we also want to give back to the people and businesses that support us. That is why we have decided to share our success. To do this we have chosen to support Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Every quarter we will return our profits back to our community, 5% of those profits will be donated to Cincinnati Children's Hospital and other local charities. 5% of this funding campaign will also go directly to Cincinnati Children's Hospital.
Though we have yet to open our doors, we have made significant strides towards Bridgetown's future success.
- We have our location, walk-in coolers and should be building out our brewery throughout the rest of 2014.
- We have already begun our initial marketing and outreach, and have built a substantial following on Facebook and Twitter
- We built a fully operational website
- We have already begun presales of our beer
- Our first brewing capacity goal has been pre-sold already
- We will be brewing 2-4 batches each week (equivalent to roughly 40-80 half barrels)
- Testers of our brews are giving us rave reviews
- We have begun developing our 4 seasonal brews: a summer ale, oktoberfest, pumpkin ale and winter ale
- We have received a few great press mentions as excitement builds:BrewProf.com and Cincinnati.com with our more recent mention on 700wlw which you can hear below.
- We have glasses, t-shirts, and growlers already designed and ready to go
$250+ Gets you a GeoKeg
This is an exclusive membership for friends of Bridgetown Brew Works and is available with a $99 annual membership. But during this campaign, you can get a lifetime appointment to the BBW Architecural Society with a pledge of $500 or more. See membership details below.
- Bridge Architect T-shirt
- Free glassware with every BBW beer release
- Access to exclusive events and beer releases
- Membership to a private tasting panel
- Free and discount pint nights in our future taproom
- Free tour access for you and your guest
- 25% off all BBW merchandise for the duration of your membership
Risks and challenges
We are trying to start this business without any loans or debt by self funding as much as possible. We want to be debt free so we can continue to grow based on supply and demand and not based on who we owe. This may not be the easiest way to start a business but we also want to minimize the financial burden on our family.
Naturally our timing is based on permit approvals from the State and Federal government. We expect this process to take 2-3 months.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)