About this project
Hey Kickstarters, thanks for checking out our iHeadCase project.
iHeadCase is a protective smartphone case which has a Headphone Storage System concealed in the back, coming in Hardshell and Wallet versions. The initial Kickstarter iHeadCase is designed for the iPhone 4/4S but we will be launching Wallet versions for most other popular smartphones including Blackberry, Samsung, HTC, Nokia and Portable Media Players such as iPod and iTouch.
Why we feel this product is needed
Many people who listen to music and watch videos on the move invest in high quality and sometimes expensive headphones. iHeadCase's innovative headphone storage system protects fragile earbuds and keeps the cable neatly stored away tangle-free, with a fast wind and unwind, allowing people to carry their headphones without them becoming lost, forgotten, damaged or entangled. There's even space to accommodate headphones with larger bud sizes and some with remote controls.
We've worked for a year on research and developing multiple prototypes for a great new product range, meticulously deliberating on technical details as well as tenths of millimetres to ensure we design the most functional yet most aesthetic products possible. And finally, here it is - the iHeadCase phone case in Hardshell and Wallet versions.
The iHeadCase Hardshell
The iHeadCase Hardshell functions as a protective case, headphone storage system and hands-free stand all in one sleek minimalist unit.
It stays true to the aesthetic design ethos of Apple's iPhone 4 yet adds a curve at the back, embodying the smoother lines of the popular 3GS and providing a more natural grip for the phone. It's made of polycarbonate which is very light yet strong and durable. The headphones are stored at the back of the case but uniquely concealed from view. There are no protruding earbuds or visible hanging wires to catch in your pocket. We believe that people who buy an iPhone appreciate its beauty and form as well as its function, and an iPhone 'coutured' with an iHeadCase would easily complement a naked iPhone. Our innovative Headphone Storage System protects fragile earbuds and keeps the cable neatly stored away tangle-free whilst allowing for a fast wind and unwind. Most of the Kickstarter reward levels come complete with standard Apple-style headphones but these are interchangeable if you want to use your favorite brand of headphone instead (most standard headphones are compatible). And a final feature: the back cover when opened doubles as a stand for landscape handsfree viewing.
Sleek yet strong. Polycarbonate Hardshell weighing just 2 ounces
Hard to believe that your favorite headphones are hidden inside there, right?
Use as a handsfree landscape viewing stand
Space inside the storage module for remote controls as well larger earbuds
The iHeadCase Wallet
The iHeadCase Wallet combines a protective case and a Wallet or Clutch with our Headphone Storage System.
The Wallet is made of PU or polyurethane which is ethical and animal-friendly faux leather. We've chosen some great textures and colors to make the iHeadCase Wallet look and feel refined and professional or the Clutch to look elegant and chic. This wouldn't look out of place sitting next to your iPad at a business meeting. There is space for three credit cards, one photo id, a couple of business cards, and some dollar bills. Perfect for leaving your regular wallet or clutch at home on a night out, for a business meeting out of the office, or if you just want to travel light. The Clutch will also be available with wrist straps, chains and other extra detailing, including some featuring 9 ct gold - a bit of bling for the ladies.
Both iHeadcase versions have direct and easy access to all connectors and controls.
Cool, elegant, professional and compact. Leave your wallet or purse at home
The wallet section holds 4 credit cards, a photo ID, some notes....and protects the screen
Headphones stored neatly away - no tangled cables, no damaged earbuds
Slim profile but 3-in-1: A wallet, protective phone case and your headphones
This is where YOU come in
We need your support. After much investment ourselves and with the help of our friends, the final iHeadCase Hardshell and Wallet prototypes are complete and ready for production with manufacturers on-board. Yet we still need $30,000 to pay for all the injection-molding tools and other production costs. With a successful Kickstarter campaign we can achieve this. If we exceed our target dramatically we have some amazing reward levels we will introduce including revolutionary Kidult and iPad versions which we have already developed and almost finalized, and a special sustainable Bamboo version manufactured right here in California!
Your pledge amount is only authorized from your credit card and not taken from your account until our campaign ends on February 6th, 2012 - and then only if we meet the funding goal of $30,000. Here are further details of some of our rewards -
- Aqua's Card - Limited-edition Kickstarter serialized card with a specially designed print based on the iHeadCase concept by Aqua
- Faux Leathers and Hardshell Colors - we'll send you images and details of colors available in an update further in the campaign
- Kickstarter Serialized - discreet Kickstarter Backer serialization of your iHeadCase makes it unique and won't be available from the online store or when it reaches the shops
- Designer Signatures - some of the reward levels will get you, Belal, the designer's signature laser-engraved in the Hardshells or monogrammed in the Wallets and Clutches. These exclusives will only be available during the Kickstarter campaign and not on retail versions
- The Kickstarter Color - is Piano Black with Green detailing on the rim. This will only be available during the Kickstarter campaign and not on retail versions
- Aqua's Art - Some of the Hardshells will have some very cool Limited Edition back cover designs by Aqua and we'll have details and images of them in an update soon
- Clutch Style - some levels offer the iHeadCase Wallet as a Clutch with interchangeable wrist straps and chains, and other detailing including 9 ct gold
- Standard Headphones - Standard 'Apple-type' headphones
- Superior and Premium Headphones - Better quality Sennheiser, Monster Beats or Kilpsch headphones (exact models to be confirmed in update)
- Protective Films - Adhesive silicon films reduce glare, fingerprints and protect from smudges and scratches on your iPhone screen. Just a bonus from us to say 'Thank you' for backing us!
Be the very first to get your hands on an iHeadCase before it hits the stores, or gift them to your friends and family! Regardless if you own an iPhone or not, we hope that you can support our vision by pledging or sharing this with your friends and family, and through social media and blogs, to help spread the word about our exciting new product. A big thank you to all those who have helped and supported to get this idea this far. Now we just need one final push on Kickstarter to get this thing off the ground for it to become a reality.
Thanks again for stopping by our page!
Belal and Aqua
Note: Apple logo and 'Apple', 'iPhone' are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. iPhone not included. Headphones not included unless specified. All iHeadCase versions are Patent Pending.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (60 days)