Who are you?
Hi! I'm Priska, many of you know me as Priscilla Liang. I'm a singer/songwriter from Los Angeles, CA. Growing up I was bullied for a number of years and music really saved me. I used to feel like nothing I had to say was valid and I had difficulty connecting with my peers. It wasn't until I performed my first song live that this completely changed; once I was on stage baring my soul, all my fears melted away and I learned so much about myself and the people who were kind enough to listen. Since penning my first song at 16, I've continued to write songs about heartache, loss, and finding your own voice.
In the 10 years I've been a singer/songwriter, I've had the chance to work and collaborate with some incredible musicians and play on stages around the world–in Boston, Singapore, Beijing, Mexico City, and even Los Angeles. I've been working towards completing a solo project for years now, but in each past attempt, I wasn't completely ready... until now.
I'm running this Kickstarter to help fund a five song EP that will be produced by the incredible drummer and producer, Abraham Kim.
I finally have a set of songs that really showcase who I am as a musician and a storyteller, and I absolutely can't wait to share them with you. Some of the songs on the album have been with me for years and some are brand new–the old songs have matured along with me and the new songs display who I am today. I have a group of talented musicians and good friends that I know will bring their skills, technique, and heart to set a tremendous vibe for the album. The album will blend together acoustic sounds with soaring melodies, all set to soulful vocals.
I can't do this without you–I need your help to fund my very first EP. Will you go on this journey with me?
How can I help?
I wouldn't be where I am without this beautiful, supportive community; I'm so thankful for you! Here's how you can pitch in so we can make this EP happen together!
1) Support - Take a look at some of the rewards on the right-hand-side and choose to back the ones you're diggin'. (Have I mentioned homemade Priska Jam?)
2) Share - Re-post this Kickstarter page on FB, TW, IG & beyond to share it with your friends and family. It's honestly a huge help!
What is all my money going towards?
I promise to stretch every single dollar that you contribute because 1) I want all of us to get our money's worth and 2) because my tiger mom would kill me if I didn't.
The bulk of the budget is going to go towards the following:
- Music Production 20%
- Mixing/Engineering 20%
- Mastering 10%
- Musicians 20%
- Physical Copies of the CD 14%
- Merchandise 10%
- Kickstarter fee 6%
What will I get out of it?
Aside from my heartfelt gratitude and a million virtual hugs, I'm excited to offer backers some exclusive rewards that include early access to the album, special merchandise, and custom covers and songs.
- $1 - Virtual Big Hug!
- $5 - Twitter Love - A personal email and Twitter shout out from me
- $10 - EP Digital Download - You'll get a pre-released online download of the EP.
- $20 - Signed Physical Copy of the EP - You'll get early access to download the album AND receive a signed copy.
- $35 - Dinner Party Package - You'll receive a Priska T-shirt, to wear as you're prepping your meal + a Mini Cookbook filled with some of my favorite recipes and stories from my childhood.
- $50 - Not-So-Private Drinking Club - You'll receive a Priska pub glass and bottle opener so you can sip on your local brew in peace.
- $75 - Not-So-Private Drinking Club (Deluxe) - Get the Priska pub glass, bottle opener, AND the Dinner Party Package.
- $100 - Homemade Priska Jam - That's right, I'm not just making jams for you, I'm also making jam for you. (Includes a personal note.)
- $150 - Priska Jam + Handwritten Lyrics - You'll receive a framed, handwritten copy of one of my songs. And also jam!
- $300 - Custom Priska Cover Song - I'll cover a song of your choosing!
- $500 - Priska Will Write You a Love Song - I'll write a song for someone you love (or have been meaning to ask out).
- $1,000 - Dine LA Priska - Includes everything listed above plus some face to face time with me at one of my favorite LA restaurants, on me! (See details in "Rewards" column)
- $1,500 - Live Performance - I'll do a 45-60 minute set for you! (See details in "Rewards" column)
How can I follow along?
Follow along on my journey on social media! You can find me at @priskamusik and I'll be posting Kickstarter updates, announcements, and covers as often as I can. I can't wait to connect with you there.Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Risks and challenges
My biggest challenge is not getting the project funded. We've got the songs, musicians, engineer, and producer all ready. We just need your help to get funded so we can hit "Go".Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)