Greetings from UDS and welcome to our new project - Snable!
To create a multi-purpose, attractive, clutter solving, cable management device with the option to be installed temporarily or permanently. A device that can be used at home, work or on the go to solve any form of cable clutter.
The story behind Snable
Tangled cables, cable diving behind desks and cable clutter are no fun at all. Current solutions target a single problem, trying to solve individual needs such as tangled earbuds, desktop clutter or other USB charging cables. Some solutions used permanent adhesives which meant a lack of flexibility in placement while others only supported specific cables sizes. Automatic winders only manage one cable at a time and you need multiples of them for more cables plus you have to take the cable out to every time you want to use it.
There were also solutions that worked at home or work but were not portable enough for travel or use in transit. It was frustrating to find that solutions for one area of clutter would not work for another and this resulted in increased costs and a drawer full of unnecessary accessories. We could not find a solution that effectively transitioned as a solution between different forms of cable clutter. It was time for something simpler, innovative and different. So we created Snable
What is Snable?
After a long period of creating and testing different concepts/prototypes, we've come up with a different solution for cord/cable management we are excited to share with you. Snable is an accessory with a visually striking design that allows it to securely manage multiple cables of varying sizes, manage ear buds, prop up your phone, be re-positioned on vertical or horizontal surfaces with the non permanent sticky pad, or screwed into place with screws and all this within a very small footprint.
What makes Snable so effective?
We have had great user experience reviews when we field tested Snable and we attribute this to the 7 key design elements that make it very easy to use. The list below is shown/demonstrated in the video above:
1) Cable channels: 4 cable channels that allow multiple stacked cables up to 7mm thick in a variety of combinations. Cables still move freely.
2) Sticky pad: Position and reposition on smooth horizontal and vertical surfaces or use as a phone stand/ tablet typing stand
3) Screw holes: Permanently mount on vertical and horizontal surfaces
4) Cable groove: Wrap cables securely in the groove
5) Side cable locks: These 2 side locks secure cables in the cable groove
6) X cable lock: This top cable lock secure cables after being wrapped
7) Cable spool: Wrap your cable around the cable spool to shorten length or keep intact for transit
These features can be combined and used in many different configurations to manage a wide variety of cable clutter situations at home, at work or on the go. Here are some examples:
What colors are available?
Snable will be available in black and white. They will all have a black pad.
What is Snable made from?
Snable is made with 2 simple materials - durable injection molded plastic with a little flex and our sticky pad. The flex allows the cables to pass through the bottleneck at the top of the cable channels and also keeps them from sliding back out. It also allows cables to be held securely with the cable locks. The sticky pad allows you to reposition Snable on smooth horizontal or vertical surfaces and when it gets dirty all you do is clean with water and allow to dry before using it again.
What is next for Snable?
We have taken Snable as far as we can and now we need your help for manufacturing. To make Snable durable, high quality, and cost-effective we need to injection mold the parts. We have a manufacturing partner in China that we have worked successfully with on various projects and together we have developed a fully functioning prototype and have finalized our production plans for Snable. We are now ready to mass produce Snable and we need to raise funds for the manufacturing processes involved.
Shipping costs for Snable
Shipping is included for US backers. For international backers there is a flat fee of $8 regardless of number of pledges.
How Will The Funds Raised Be Spent?
The funds raised will be utilized for the development and manufacturing of Snable production tooling/molds, packaging design, manufacturing service and meeting MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) requirements of our Chinese manufacturers.
Who is UDS?
Adewale Adelusi-Adeluyi and Bojan Smiljanic are behind "UDS" (Unique Design Solutions). With our cumulative background of Engineering, Industrial Design, Architecture and Marketing we have successfully brought many products to market for other clients and are now doing the same for our company UDS.
To learn more about UDS and how we run our projects and value our backers we would like to invite you to review our past projects here on Kickstarter:
You can find other products at www.udsproducts.com
Help us spread the word
The more people we can get involved with Snable the better the chances of making Snable a reality. Please help us spread the word by clicking "Like" for facebook above and copying and pasting this link on all your social media and blog sites.
THANK YOU KICKSTARTERS!!
Risks and challenges
The biggest challenges with taking a design from paper to a tangible finished product are delays or obstacles in the process of manufacturing. At UDS we tackle these unforseen variables with the following techniques:
1) Setting the right expectations - We set the right expectations for our backers based upon estimates and details recieved from our manufacturing partners. We also include buffers in our delivery timelines to make up for unforseen variables. We also have detailed production schedules that we present once the project is funded.
2) Communication and updates - At UDS we are grateful for our backers and have made it a practice to provide weekly updates to keep everyone up to speed with where we are in the post funding process. We also share the challenges and solutions that may arise as we progress. We always welcome questions and suggestions so we work together to bring the products to life. We believe in making this a joint venture between UDS and our backers.
3) The right manufacturing partner - We have established relationships with a few trusted manufacturers who have been producing items for UDS. We have already designed a molding tool to maximize the production of Snable and we are ready to go. Working together with them and keeping our backers informed along the way will ensure the success of this project
UDS is proud to have successful projects here on Kickstarter with very positive reviews from backers. You can review our past projects to see how we handle our backers and product delivery once the projects end. We know how hard it is to go from sketches on your living room floor to mass production. And we have the right team for the job. We look forward to working with you and others on this project and look forward to your feedback. Cheers!!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (35 days)