Dig is a short film about a young, jewish Holocaust survivor who, twenty years following his exodus from Europe, sees the Nazi responsible for his family's death. The young man kidnaps the old man, drags him out to the desert and orders him to dig his own grave.
This is a challenging short film about a complex subject matter and complex characters facing a horrific and fast approaching climax. The script thus far has been well received by the creative community and we have been granted a number of extremely generous donations in the form of equipment, crew, cameras and so on. This a period piece, however, which requires 60s era clothing, accessories, cars and so on.
As of now, we have a large chunk of this film funded from our own pockets but are seeking the last part from a generous public like you to get us over that last budget hump and well into post-production. Even though we've listed $6,000 as our goal, getting more than that only helps us towards making this film a success.
What does your donation go towards? Well, it will help insure a number of things:
- We'll be able to rent TWO film cameras, rather than the usual one, which allows us to capture twice as much footage in the same amount of time.
- It will help pay for period costumes for our talent and extras. Since this takes place in '62, everyone needs to be in costume, which gets expensive very quickly.
- We'll be able to feed the crew better meals.
- We'll be able to pay more to the crew, many of whom are donating their time.
- Most importantly, and this works with all departments, we'll be able to take everything to that next level of quality and detail that this film really needs in order to succeed.
We are very fortunate with both our cast and crew on this project, whom you can see below:
Mark Margolis - Heinrich
Aaron Himelstein - David
Joshua Caldwell - Director/Writer/Producer
MTV Movie Award winner for the short film The Beautiful Lie
Travis Oberlander - Co-Writer
Dan Figur - Producer
Producer of Angels & Airwaves' Love
Paul Niccolls - Director of Photography
John Goodwin - Hair and Makeup
Emmy Award winner for CSI
Katie Piel - Casting Director
- (30 days)