Be a part of the final process: the music has already been recorded independently, with all original compositions, an awesome band, animal activism, and now one collective goal: debuting the new NZ album!
*what do I want to do?
- I want to utilize Kickstarter for two reasons: 1. a pre-order to gain excitement for my upcoming CD and 2. to raise funds to cover the final costs of this self produced project. Costs include but are not limited to the following: compensation of musicians/recording engineer, studio time, graphic design, photography, videography, overdubs, mixing and mastering, duplication/production, licensing, distribution and the very important and often ignored publicity/marketing. As you can imagine, this is not a small task and your support is essential!
I've already invested $7,500 into this album, and I've calculated that I need approximately $7,000 MORE. (!!!)
- By pre-ordering the CD, or by your generous pledges, I am closer and closer to reaching my goal and sending this project to the world with pride. My investment so far is one of the best decisions I've made, but I believe that just like any investment, it's smart to gain public interest and support; besides, it's awesome music with great intentions!
*sooooo, then WHY am I only asking for $4,500?
- Because if we don't make our goal here at Kickstarter, your money gets refunded and I don't get to use any of your support! TALK ABOUT PRESSURE! BUT, you can bypass the goal amount ten fold, so let's make this happen!
*what am I recording?
- I recorded 10 of my favorite songs that I wrote from the past five years of my journey. The potential title of the record is still unknown, but I named my kickstarter project "Songs for Change" because I feel the content of my lyric and music reflect much more than the typical love stories of many singer/songwriter albums. My compositions cover a wide range of genres, spanning from jazz, funk, r&b, indie pop and soul, with topics covering an even broader range; homages to the planet, love, my travels to India and abroad, lust, escaping abuse, political statements, animal rescue, the artists challenges, enlightenment, innovation and loss. I am proud that my music makes a statement and begs the audience to begin a journey with compassion rather than apathy.
- Check out the sidebar!! There are lots of great prizes listed to the right and I can assure you there will be surprises too. After I complete my album, I will continue my support and activism for homeless adoptable animals and that movement can be followed on my personal website.
*how do I plan to do this?
I have ONLY 30 days to raise the funds.
- I've already done most of the hardest work: I recorded all 10 tracks, mixed countless hours with my recording engineer Scott Anderson in his studio in Brooklyn, and am ready to send the final mixes to mastering with Mike Perez. While this kickstarter campaign is going on, I will be already mastering the album, hiring a graphic designer for CD art, shooting photos and shopping my (nearly) finished product to publicists and radio stations. However, I NEED YOUR SUPPORT so my train doesn't come to a complete halt. Not to mention, I will wait until the kickstarter campaign is finished so I can rightfully acknowledge donors and patrons in the liner notes of my CD.
- Again, If I do not reach my goal of $4,500, I don't get to keep ANY of the money donated, so spread the word! Kickstarter and Amazon also take part of the final numbers, so surpassing the goal would be incredible.
*the big picture?
- Without a reputable CD that has reviews, professional engineering and powerful content, there is no chance of bringing the music on tours locally/internationally, licensing, or progress. My long term goal is to travel with my band and work with animal shelters across America for joint fundraising and awareness campaigns for adopting.
*the bottom line?
- I've seen so many projects successfully funded by communities of friends, fans and strangers and I truly believe that my project can be equally as successful.
We can do this together and I am honored and humbled to share this journey.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. xox
- (30 days)