About this project
Legends of Eisenwald is an original mix of RPG and strategy, with tactical turn based battles and a simple economic model. Rich possibilities of gameplay mechanics allow a player to feel being a hero of different stories ranging from treasure hunt to fighting for the throne. You can follow your game path as a Knight, Mystic or a Baroness and in each case gameplay and story will be partially different.
- Combination of a role playing game and a strategy in right proportion that can be called a Knight-Errant Simulator.
- Turn based tactical battles where we managed to get rid of the main enemy of turn based battles – lack of dynamics. There is no moving without striking and every move there is a choice whom to attack and whom to defend. Often an entire battle outcome depends on a decision which makes a battle intense from beginning to end.
- There are many units with upgrade trees. Each unit can be personalized both with an upgrade as well as with equipment which provides a wide variety of army tuning.
- There are a lot of weapons and battle spells. Each kind of weapons has its unique features that makes you to utilize it well in a battle.
- Possibility to conquer castles to increase your power and strengthen your army. Obviously, it is not enough just to occupy castles – they need to be protected from aggressive neighbors.
- There will be a campaign and some additional missions. In the future we plan to release campaign editor so each player can create his or her own adventure.
And the setting of our game is something we would like to address separately. We feel that all these similar looking fantasy worlds with dragons, necromancers and ancient gods became tiring for many players. The world of Eisenwald is not a fantasy, rather, it's a world with supernatural elements where many medieval superstitions are actually true. There is divination and alchemy but without fireballs and summoning elementals. There are some magical creatures but they are not the lovely elves. Heroes of our legends are not saving the world and are not participating in the wars between gods. Rather, they are directed by human motivations: by a desire to find glory (and wealth), by blood feud, revenge and even by unrequited love. And no, a night walk in a forest is not advisable, especially during full moon.
A Limited Box Edition on two discs, including Legends of Eisenwald, Discord Times Collector's Edition, digital art book, and the soundtrack on a separate disc. It also includes a booklet.
Our Poster will be signed by our team and our artist, Pavel Romanov. He didn't finish the work on the poster yet but you can see his sketch of this poster in our Update #5.
The white metal Knight's Badge will be be about 4 inches tall. This is how it might look like (the actual badge will look different, it will resemble the in-game badge).
The leather hand made Pouch will look similar to this picture (the actual pouch will look different).
The replica steel Sword will be come with a leather sheath. This is how it might look like (the actual sword will look different, it is not a weapon).
We started the development of our game more than 2 years ago. Right now the technical aspects of gameplay, battle AI and most other parts of the game are about 90% finished. We have an alpha version.
But as it often happens in game development industry working on the game took more time as we planned and we need more funds.
Your generous backing will help us to walk the remaining part of the path. To finish our game in “basic package” we need $50000. It will be enough for:
- To create and program most of the campaign scenarios (levels);
- To complete all planned content (battle arenas, characters, artifacts and different items).
- It will be Windows only in English and Russian.
With additional funding we will be able to:
- Add more to the campaign scenarios, making them more interesting and non-linear;
- Add more units (at minimum, plus the number of the corresponding rewards);
- Create beautiful special effects for spells in battles;
- Localize our game with more languages;
- Make our game richer and more diverse (add unique bosses and characters, create alternate levels and endings etc.);
- Port our game to MacOS and Linux and release it with PC version together if we reach $100000. If not, we will port it anyway to these platforms but at a later date.
We are a small team of enthusiastic and dedicated professionals with love for strategy role playing games. We love what we do and as you can see we dip into it fully :)
Our independent video games development company was founded in 2002. Our first game Discord Times was released in 2004. Thanks to an original and rather challenging gameplay it found many devoted fans.
For many years they asked us for a sequel to Discord Times. In the beginning of 2009 we started discussing and planning our new game, and in 2010 we started to work on Legends of Eisenwald. Dmitry Goncharov who used to work as lead animator for Wargaming.net and Ressa Schwarzwald joined our team.
Several words about beta test:
- It will be in English and Russian only.
- It’s possible that beta test will be done through an online distribution service like Steam.
- Windows (XP/Vista/7)
- Processor: 2GHz
- Memory: 2GB
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0, shader model 3.0
- Minimal resolution: 1280 x 768
Enormous thank you from the bottom of our hearts
We are honored and privileged to be in this position to present our work here at Kickstarter. We will do our best to make our game fun and joy for everyone, and thank you for taking time and looking at our page. With your help our dream is going to become a reality and we can't express our gratitude enough for this chance.
We also would like to thank:
- Our friends who believe in us and support us from the beginning, thank you to our families who are doing that too.
- Thank you to “Sword and raven” (http://www.sword-and-raven.org/) for weapons and armors provided for the video.
- Thank you Tatiana Groudko and Sergey Borsuk for helping us with the video.
- Thank you Alexey Podgoretsky for help with presentation, PR and social networks.
If you have any questions or feedback please either post it here in Comments section or please write to us to email@example.com - we are happy to hear from you!
Yes, we will have DRM-free version! The rewards cannot be edited anymore but each backer will have a choice for either DRM-free or a digital downloadable copy.
PC (Windows XP, Vista, 7). Linux and MacOS will be supported if we reach $100000. We will make Linux and MacOS version even if we don't reach $100000 goal, but in this case the release on these two platforms will take place later, about 3-4 months.
You are so close to finishing your game, why do we need to support you or you can do it regardless of Kickstarter?
If we had ourselves the funds to finish the game we would have done it. However, we don’t. We came to Kickstarter to get the necessary funding and finish our game. What happens if we don’t get to our goal? First of all, while we won’t abandon it, we might have to put our project on hold until we find ways to continue working on it. This can imply vacating our office and start looking for other jobs – we work full time on the game right now and we hope it continues to be this way. But with your support we can make it great, we can make it without delays and interruption of our work process. So far it’s going good thanks to all of you here and we hope it will get better!
Gameplay on a global map can be compared to King’s Bounty but game story is given as self-contained scenarios like HoMM. Combat is in many ways similar to Disciples 1-2 (but not Disciples 3!). Level upgrade of characters is also similar to Disciples – units get new class and appearance when they gain a level. But in addition to that they can use inventory and even battle horses.
We plan to start our beta test in July. It will be a full beta test meaning that we want to get a lot of feedback from players and used it to further improve our game before it gets released in October.
1. There are no stacks of units. In some cases stacks make tactics useless: no matter what stack of your enemy you attack, the overall power of enemy army is decreasing by the same relative value. Because of that often there is no difference whom to attack: battle outcome will be the same. In our game a unit with 1 hit will fight as a full health one, so it would be necessary to think how to eliminate that unit before he has his turn or how to protect your own unit so he is not dead.
2. There is no unit feature as “move points”. Battle arena is small and any unit can reach other unit if there is no enemy on his way. You can select what spot to take and from which side to attack. Initiative is very important.
3. Battle is not going to last 15-20 turns as in some other turn based RPGs. Our battle is an exchange of series of deadly strikes where every strike is very important and you have to think about each one.
4. We don’t plan a random factor. When your unit with 70% chance of striking is missing three times in a row it is really annoying. In our game the one who is planning better wins and not the one who is luckier.
The game consists of several scenarios like for example HoMM. Of course, there will be a main campaign but right now it exists as a concept and text and several made maps. How long and varied it will be it depends also from the amount of support we get here. So, saying about hours of gameplay right now is hard but it will be at least 30 hours of gameplay, most likely more.
We would like to clarify something. In some games first a story is written and then for this story content is made. In other games first there is a construction kit using which you can create all kinds of different stories (example – HoMM). Our game is the second kind, so we will program our scenarios when everything else is ready. That’s the biggest thing we have to do now.
One hour demo version is available here: http://www.alawar.com/game/discord-times/
$15 reward includes Map Editor for Discord Times. We are not planning to release Map Editor for Legends of Eisenwald this time, later – definitely. Maybe we will make it a stretch goal.
No, this will be a single player version.
Releasing it includes making Map Editor more user friendly and translate it to English. Also, English text overall needs to be updated since current translation needs improvement. So, we will not release it right after the Kickstarter fundraising ends but we aim to release as soon as we can, hopefull soon thereafter.
Support this project
- (30 days)