The story is Inception meets bits of the Lost Symbol, the gameplay is Call of Duty meets Street Fighter, the game is DreamCasters Duel! Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on March 21, 2011.
About this project
DreamCasters' Duel is a unique video game set in a networked dreamscape and combines a 3d 3rd person shooter with a fighting game!
DreamCasters' Duel, is a mod that truly deserves having been called "unique1" by the media. It has also won praises for its "great concept, story, and promising gameplay.2" In addition to praise, DreamCasters' Duel has won several international awards. Perhaps most remarkably, DCD is the work of one man over the course of several years.
Set in a networked dreamscape (registered as "Dueling Dreams" (WGAw# 1109915), over 4 years before Inception), DCD combines elements of a 3D third person shooter with a 2D side-scrolling fighting game. Characters can do battle with whatever weapons can be dreamed up; a school girl’s teddy bear can come to life and assist in combos, piranhas can be called from thin air to devour an opponent, and bikini-clad mini-gun toting mercenaries can be summoned to run-and-gun down the enemy. Part super-powered shooter, part fighting game, DreamCasters' Duel will astound gamers dreaming of playing something uniquely FUN.
- Unique hybrid of 3D Third Person Shooter and 2D side-scrolling fighting game
- Characters can brawl, run-and-gun, and battle with uniquely surreal weapons
- The narrative, which features characters manipulating a networked dreamscape, was registered as "Dueling Dreams" (WGAw# 1109915), over 4 years before Inception
- A DreamCasters' Duel comic book is being developed in conjunction with the video game
- DCD ranked among the top 100 mods in moddb.com's Mod of the Year competition for two consecutive years
- DCD ranked 3rd in moddb.com's 2007 Mod of the Year "Stand Alone" category according to total number of votes
- DCD was awarded "Mod of the Moment" on moddb.com, one of only 7 mods to win such an award
- DCD's animations won inclusion into the Illustrate! art gallery and developer Michael Kelley was awarded license to the software, a $395 value
- DCD is being developed single-handedly by Michael Kelley on a scale never before attempted by anyone anywhere
- Developer Michael Kelley has single-handedly created 14 character models, 282 static meshes, 350 textures, over 300 animations, a music soundtrack, sound effects, a website, and countless promotional materials including a comic book!
2 Methulah "Mod of the Moment; Dream Casters' Duel" moddb.com 26 Nov. 2006,
Stay tuned here and at the blog to receive info about the DreamCasters' Duel manga!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (90 days)