In the spring of 2014, we were approached by a charity organizer in regards to a benefit show in Port Huron, MI. The event was a march against child abuse sponsored by the Dreamcatchers Organization. This generous cause brought The Native Howl and The Gasoline Gypsies together for the first time, and led to the most eventful summer of our musical careers.
As a result, our groups have developed enormous respect for each other’s songwriting, professionalism and determination to follow our collective dream. Both groups have survived and self-sustained thus far through sheer perseverance, dedication and the generosity of our fans and supporters. Since playing multiple shows together, we have decided to hit the road and travel our home state to support the release of both bands’ first full-length albums this fall: thus came about the birth of The North Wind Tour.
The tour will consist of three weeks of intense performing and traveling. Our plan is to start in East Lansing and make our way North to Mount Pleasant, Petoskey, Bellaire and Traverse City. Then we plan to make our way down the West Coast of Michigan to Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo before circling back through Ann Arbor, Detroit and finishing in Port Huron, where it all began.
What is the Money Going Towards?
- Supplies (guitar strings, drum sticks, drum heads, picks, cables, tuners, batteries, etc.)
- Merchandise (T-shirts, posters, banners, etc.)
- Production of 1,000 “The North Wind Tour” CDs, featuring three songs from each group (These will be free to fans)
- Marketing costs (Adds, flyers, graphic design, video, labor)
- Assistance in replenishing funds associated with the production of both albums (Studio costs/labor, printing, shipping, copyrighting, publishing)
- Trademarking of both group names
- $10 - The North Wind Tour labeled guitar pick and bumper sticker
- $25 - A high-resolution audio USB copy of The Native Howl's new album, "Inukshuk" and CD copy of The Gasoline Gypsies' debut self-titled album
- $50 - The North Wind Tour event poster signed by both bands, along with an event T-shirt
- $150 - Signed one of kind glossy photo of both groups on tour
- $300 - Acoustic guitar signed by both bands with personalized message
- $1000 – All previous incentives + individual group signed T-shirts
- $2500 – Both groups will travel to you and perform a private concert
It is our hope that we raise more than our set goal in order to help pay for gas and food and put us in a position to venture outside of Michigan on a “Second Wind Tour.” We vow that if this Kickstarter raises $10,000 or more we will release an original song and music video featuring both The Native Howl and The Gasoline Gypsies that will be available free to the public.
Thank you so much! There is nothing we can ever do that will be able to fully express our gratitude towards our supporters, but we will never stop trying! We love you all!
Risks and challenges
The risks and challenges that present themselves when a group of people decides to follow an uncertain path and chase a dream such as music are too many to count. Since we are both completely independent groups, we have a mountain of challenges to climb that include booking, marketing, making enough money to support ourselves and finding a place to lay our heads at night.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)