You have just arrived at the Flapjack Brewery kickstarter page and are probably wondering what is it that the Flapjack Team hopes to accomplish. We love to brew beer as much as you love to drink it. In order for us to accomplish this we ask for your help with funding. This fundraiser will help us purchase some essential brewing equipment. We are starting on a very small scale, brewing double batches on a 2.5 BBL(10 kegs of beer per double batch) system. We already have the system but still need some very key items to begin producing commercially. The plan is to have our flagship beers in 22 oz bombers & kegs at select outlets in the Chicagoland area by early 2015.
The Flapjack Story:
The Flapjack Brewery team consists of brothers James and Paul. In the younger years we rarely saw eye to eye and everything ended in a fight. James wanted to play Metroid and Paul wanted to play Super Mario. By college though we started to have more in common, one thing was the love of drinking quality beer. That love turned into a curiosity for brewing our own beer. The passion swelled into an obsession for all things brewing. Every open weekend we both had would be spent perfecting their recipes. As time progressed the beer actually started to taste really, how would you say it, good. Soon friends and family started filling our heads with grandiose ideas of opening our own brewery. Three years later and here we are looking to make our dream a reality.
Flapjack Brewery is raising funds to purchase:
- 5 Barrel Conical Fermenters
- 5 Barrel Brite Tanks for conditioning and carbing our delicious beer.
- Glycol chilling equipment to keep our beer at a constant temperature during fermentation.
- Fantasmo Vanilla Cream Ale=5.5% abv 20 I.B.U.
- Hopbiter American Pale Ale=5.75% abv 42 I.B.U.
- Boltneck Coffee Stout= 7.5% abv 55 I.B.U.
What can you do to help?
- Sign up for a free Kickstarter account.
- Login with email and password you created
- You are ready to start donating! $1.00 is the minimum (but we won't be mad if you donate more than that)
Rewards you might receive:
Risks and challenges
Starting our brewery will take alot of sweat, blood and money. It is not going to be easy especially starting at such a small level. We know that there will be battles and unforeseen challenges at every step of the way But with the help of the Kickstarter funding we would be able to purchase the equipment needed to start brewing our beer and get it out to market.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)