DUEL OF HEROES PROJECT
Duel of Heroes: Chronicles of the Lost Planet, is a free to play online trading card game, combining elements of MMORPG, fantasy and strategy to create a rich and immersing gaming experience for everyone.
Duel of Heroes MAIN GOAL
To be the first game that combines the elements of TCG games along with the elements of MMORPG in an open world with a real RPG interface as in retro - JRPG, so it is not just snapshots along with some dialogues that don’t give the correct feel of MMORPG, it is a complete 2D game world in which you have your own character, move, chat and interact with all the world features as NPCs, Quests, Heroes, Bosses, trading and PvP with others.
And for the first time ever Duel of Heroes introduces Clan War mechanics in a trading card game in which you use only your Hero and only the best of your cards, to fight alongside with your friends in Clan vs Clan War to become the Castle King claiming dominion over several territories of Allaxia’s world.
- Introducing a unique game experience based on fantasy created world, specially designed for Duel of Heroes.
- Offering an easy to play addicting game that suits both the casual and the hardcore gamers.
- Featuring new systems that has not been offered before in any trading card game and fusing them correctly within the game as Guild Wars, Card trading and Capturing bosses.
- Making the game play customizable, to the extent of feeling like each gamer has created his\her own game.
And as our goals stretched we can achieve an ultimate goal of:
- Introducing cross platform TCG online gaming through Facebook, iOS and android offering unbreakable gaming experience anytime everywhere.
DoH features unique sets of cards with dazzling graphics and unique architecture. The uniqueness of DoH lies in its innovative game play and dueling mechanics that are designed thoroughly to provide players with the freedom to choose and customize their own in-game experience. The game will be designed for all ages and all backgrounds, for the expert gamer and ones still starting their gaming life. One more amazing aspect of DoH is that it is based on a - rich fantasy - manga background story created exclusively by the game creators to enrich the experience, so you get double the fun playing the game and uncovering the story behind it.
At Totally Awesome Games, we aim to make gaming a simple and engaging experience that lasts for a very long time! And what is a good game without a balanced, entertaining and immersing game play?! That’s why we have taken very good care of what you: see, feel and interact with in your games.
In DoH, game play is a sacred zone of the game development. We understand well that it is not just important to put together the right ingredients; but to put them in the right order and with the right ratios.
Building from this concept, we have aimed to make the game more dynamic, where you can interact with all the elements of the game play to give you the freedom of shaping your own strategies and style, however, this will not affect the game simplicity or your ability to understand the game flow.
Now that you have the big picture, let's take a peak and see what we can find inside!
The Early concept art for DoH was amazing and it has grown over the course of the project. This is the concept art of the first stage for the hero Reyon, our Saber Master.
Arowa is an amazing piece of work. Her growth through the cards is beautiful and amazing. It was fun watching as the artist produced each card, wondering how he was going to out do the last one. You can see he managed to do that very well.
The Lightning Dragon is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to our legendary creatures you can expect to see in the game. Stay tuned for the final image and card for this magnificent creature.
Our art team is very creative and this will only add to the outstanding quality of art for our cards and in-game design. The imagination and demand for high quality that our team possesses has been instrumental in the art from conception to the final product.
DoH game mechanics are carefully designed and developed to make all the great features of the game count. They are also designed to make the game easy to play but not so easy to master. Remember, you will need to use your skills!
The following is a breakdown of the game mechanics:
- Heroes not only guide and control your army; they also have the ability to attack as well as raise and lower the morals of the attacking or defending characters and creatures.
- Our Unique Heroes have the ability to evolve during the battle by drawing the correct cards and using them to upgrade your hero to gain more power than ever.
- Heroes are your own personification on the battlefield, they have attack and health attributes and once their health drops to zero your hero is destroyed and you automatically lose the battle.
- Heroes stand at the back line of the battlefield and can only be attacked once your side of the battlefield is clear of all characters and creatures.
- Each card will have a command points label determining how many command points are needed to be able to play the card.
- The higher the class of the card the more command points it will need in order to play it.
- Monster cards will have attack and defence attributes.
- Each player will start with 5 cards at hand and a Hero of level 1 on the battlefield.
- Normally, each turn the player will get to draw 1 card from their deck except for special situations where you will draw more than 1 card or will not be able to draw at all.
- The player can play as many cards from their hand at one turn as long as they have enough command points.
- The player will get command points each turn determined by the turn number that he is in, example: on the first turn the player gets 1 command point and on the second turn the player gets 2 command points...etc.
- Command points, if not used, get accumulated till your next turn.
- The Deck or "your army" will consist of 40 cards of your choice with at least 1 hero card of level 1.
- Players can fuse two cards into a new one outside of the battlefield to strengthen their deck.
- Magic cards are put face down until the player chooses to activate them.
The Battlefield: [#UPDATED]
Because you will spend most of your time on a DoH battlefield, we have made sure to put together a battlefield structure that will make things easier for you to focus on battle tactics and game strategy. We have also made the battlefield dynamic and eye pleasing.
- The Deck: The 40-card deck you start with, contains at least 1 hero card of level 1.
- Hero Card: The hero card is your beating heart on the field. Heroes will strengthen your troops, use magic and execute your strategies in battle.
- Creatures Cards: There are 5 of them; they are the front battle line. As you know by now, there are 8 types of attributes for creature cards, each with a different interaction with Heroes, Magic cards, other creature cards as well as the battle environment.
- Magic Cards: These cards mainly support your hero and creatures, and will be a large part of your personal strategy.
- Graveyard: Where your fallen creatures and used magic cards are sent. You can bring back some of your fallen troops back using special magic and techniques.
- Hand Pool: These are the cards that are drawn into your hand. They are drawn at random, but keep in mind, luck is not the only thing that wins battles.
- Player Avatar: Your avatar image, which can be chosen from a variety according to your class, gender, and personal preference.
- Health Bar: Your life points which can only be attacked when you have no troops in the field, or through special techniques. Your health points are directly linked to your hero’s health points, so be careful and protect him/her well.
- Command Bar: Where you can switch to different game phases.
- Command Points Circle: This is to show how much accumulated command points you have over the consecutive turns within the duel.
Each turn you will get “X” resources where “X” is the turn number, and the unused resources will be carried over to the next turn. This results in not having issues with resources as the game uses the automatic resource system (ARS). With the resource carrying over system, we have carefully adjusted the overall card pool’s casting cost to maintain the balance. DoH will have a higher resource curve that varies according to the turn count, so it is totally different from other dTCGs. This will enable you to include many high cost cards in your deck rather than including just limited number of high cost cards against several low cost cards.This will also give players the chance to cast Bigger and Stronger creatures and magical spells that can change the tide of the battle, making battles fierce.
The main theme of DoH, is its original fantasy world created especially for the game. It tells a thrilling story full of maturely developed characters, different unique creatures and exotic settings.
From these world features:
- Anime-styled characters and creatures.
- Hero characters who lead the story and the game play.
- Armies and legions of characters and creatures.
- Magic and spells.
- Different settings and themes.
All the story elements will be integrated in the game in a balanced fashion to emphasis the TCG and strategy sides of the game. We plan at game release to have the following:
Unique Game Soundtracks:
Apart from our amazing creative team of artists and designers, our composers have worked so much to give our players a catchy music that enrich our game world and reach out to our users heart and mind , Check out our Alpha release soundtracks that will blow your mind!
300 unique cards:
Beautifully designed cards featuring the world characters, creatures, spells and environments made of the finest quality in graphics. The world characters will each have five levels and are instrumental in the battles you will face. This is why we offer not only booster packs but hero packs as well. To help you find your true hero. Our creature cards will be your hero’s army and will fight the battles with their unique and special attacks. The magic spells will be there to add an element of surprise to your attack and take your opponent off guard. With all this it will be up to you to develop a strategy that works for you as well as a variety of styles you can use in battle, from fast and burn to slow and deadly. In updates new and innovated cards will be introduced as new sets to add to the game depth and its story line.
Heroes :- [#UPDATED]
-There are ten types of heroes. Each hero can evolve to their ultimate form at level 5:
They are agile and powerful melee warriors. The royal guardians of Allaxia. Saber Masters are one of the three knight classes along with Lancer and Archer.
Archers are proficient with projectile weapons and can survive longer due to their large range attack. Archers are one of the three knight classes along with Lancer and Saber Master.
Lancers are very agile and skilled with long-range melee weapons, such as spears, lances, etc. Lancers are one of the three knight classes along with Saber Master and Archer.
Casters are the most skilled magicians of the world. Casters use the magic of Allaxia, in order to protect the kingdom and the whole planet.
Adepts are a support type magicians that use their abilities in order to enhance the powers of their comrades and help them recover from their injuries.
They work in the shadows and rarely show their faces. Their special ability is "Presence Concealment", which allows them to remain undetected. Offset by their stealth is their weak combat skills. Due to this; assassins usually attack from the back and target individuals rather than group fight.
They have high brutal strength but are unable to control their powers fully which sometimes may result in losing their sanity and losing control over themselves giving chaos.
They are the manifestation of evil of humans that where betrayed, treated with injustice and abused. Fueled by their anger their motive is to take revenge.
They gain super strength by sucking the blood out of other creatures, they have tendencies to attack people in the night and suck their blood, while they have weakness towards the sun light.
They have the ability to summon creatures to their aid in battle; they use their summoning abilities in order to take advantage over their enemies by surrounding them.
- Each of the heroes will have their own effects that will increase as they evolve.
DoH has 8 main attributes to indicate the origin of each card:
Duel of Heroes has a vast fantasy world which is rich from different attributes, to the different regions and territories of the world. This allows an offering of hundreds of creatures from different origins.
Fire monsters tend to focus on inflicting effect damage on the opponents Hero's health points and stacking up attack points when they are on the field together.
Water is a very versatile Attribute and because of their versatility, Water monsters can be used in a number of strategic ways, possessing many different abilities.
Earth monsters are powerful cards focused on both brute strength and rock-solid defense, they rely less upon special effects to win the day, but they often enhance their combat abilities.
Thunder monsters represent the anger of the gods; they have the ability to paralyze any monster in front of them for a whole turn on the turn the thunder card is summoned.
Dark cards often focus on strong creatures with outstanding special effects that can turn the tide of battle, most effects are related to dead corpses and the Graveyard, by using them as a resource in some way.
Most light cards focus on overwhelming offensive power, but some focus on positively reinforcing the hero instead of directly damaging the opponent, by increasing their Health Points or drawing extra cards from Deck.
Wind monsters are often flying monsters, they often make use of their aerial advantage over other creatures in order to launch attacks from above and surprise their opponents.
Metal monsters represent the power of the underground, they are made of steel. Be aware of their traps as they have the ability to reflect a portion of your attack to your monsters.
Magic Cards:- [#UPDATED]
Magic cards includes: Global Enchantments, Local Enchantment, Equipment, Field cards, Instant spells & Interrupt spells. Full description for magical cards will be in a separate update, so please stay with us for more.
Battlefield environments give buffs or debuffs based on the combination of the elemental attributes you combine in your deck. There are a total of 36 different environments to enjoy battling in, but remember environment can be a key for success, so consider this when building your army.
Unique Game Environment:
We made sure that DoH's environment truly represents the game in all its aspects. You are promised to be awed by the richness of the game environment starting with the story where you can play on the lost planet Allaxia in a captivating 2D gameplay, to experiencing the different environments inhabited by heroes and creatures, and not forgetting all about the battlefield for duels and going even further to 2D battles!
RPG Capturing Mode:
Fight amazing creatures on planet "Allaxia" in a 2D RPG Mode that lets you control your hero and favourite creatures directly and fight using them in order to defeat the enemies and the ability to capture the defeated creatures and bosses using the capturing card system.
Fantastic World Map:
A dynamic fantasy map that will track the original fantasy world of Allaxia and also enrich your game play. What realm will you be from? Each realm and province has a story that you can use to find where you want your avatar to be from and will give you bonuses and hindrances when in battle. Kindly check out the stories written by our creative authors that were written just for this map.
Hero Evolution is not a new concept, but it is addressed with a different approach in DoH where you can have your hero level up through 5 different phases and Heroes do participate in the battles themselves. In order to evolve your hero, you need to draw the higher level version of the hero and have enough resource “Command Points” to cast it. The level up is not just simple from level 1 to level 5 directly in other TCG’s, but there will be up to 5 levels for each of current 10 heroes where you need to evolve them step by step, through each battle.
This will give the player a strategic choice in the deck they will use where it is not a necessity to level up your hero and you can just use a level 1 Hero and strengthen your deck using creature or magical cards. Also you can use different heroes in the same deck to make use of their different effects and powers, you can exchange your current hero on the battlefield with another hero OF THE SAME LEVEL from your hand without having to pay command points. While you can play a hero that is one level higher than the current one, but you are still required to pay the command points as normal.
A new card fusion that highlights our views of making your own experience, where you will be able to make your own fusions that will be unique from others!
Choose between one of Four factions:
- The Anarchists who spread chaos to control planet Allaxia and enslave their enemies
- The Fallen Legion of Allaxia who fights for the liberation of their homeland.
- The Conclave the group who absorb the released magic and use it to keep balance in the land.
- The Valiant who fight to undermine The Anarchists without aligning themselves fully to The Fallen Legions.
RPG Clan War System:
Control your Hero and your strongest creatures in a clan war that will take you to new heights, fight in a 2D RPG mode with your clan mates against the opposing clans in order to claim domination over the regions’ castles.
Reinforce your cards using your other unwanted cards to make them stronger. The reinforced card will have increased stats, based on the rarity of the cards used for reinforcing.
Tag Team Fighting Mode:
Fight along with your friends in a randomly matched 2vs2 fight that will give you another new aspect of trading card games. You will have an amazing experience in the tag team fighting; it will never be the same once you try it.
The Grand Labyrinth:
Playing in a labyrinth can be deadly. Fight along with your army of creatures inside the deadly maze but beware because every health point you lose is going to cost you big time, your hero’s wounds are not going to heal after each battle, it needs a great strategist in order to finish the grand labyrinth safely. Beware not to lose your life inside this deadly labyrinth.
Trade different cards with a fair trading system that utilizes the art of negotiations, you can trade with friends or foes, for mutual benefits in order to create your own deck or what we call your army!
Achievements are what drive the game. You will get badges and merits for each of your achievements and you will fight your way through the game by fully utilizing your skills and strategy.
Friends, Allies and Foes:
The game grants you the freedom to make friends and allies or foes. Whom you befriend or feud can totally change the balance of powers within the game so choose carefully.
Every player will have access to their personal library with easy to use features for quick deck (army) building.
Base Auction House:
You will be able to buy, sell or trade from your personal library. Like your own private e-bay.
Live Auction House:
You will be able to buy, sell or trade from your personal library in real time with live auctioneers. This will allow you quick fast trades so you can get just what you need when you need it.
Our unique escrow house will be available for private trade, or the Live Auction House without using the Base Auction House. We have designed it to protect players from being cheated or having items stolen.
Totally Awesome Games Inc. is fast evolving gaming house founded in 2010, focused on satisfying the online gaming community’s desires in an ever growing, fast paced demanding world. We are a new promising group of game developers and publishers adopting a strategy to suit everyone’s taste when making our games. That is why we go for different gaming styles each time we take on a project. The company currently has various projects in the works, and its latest biggest thing in the line is Duel of Heroes: Chronicles of the Lost Planet. At Totally Awesome Games, everyone adopts the view of taking online games to the next evolution of your fantasies, so what you want is what we make!
The reason we chose Kickstarter is the key advantage it has; it lets you reach for the real people whom we work so hard to make the games for and lets us know what they want. That’s why we need your support; it is not just the funds, but it is every comment, suggestion and encouragement you provide that will make this project the game of everyone’s dreams. We want you to walk up this path step by step with us and it is only with your support that together we can make this one of the most successful online games ever made.
Our stretched goals are not limited, yet that is a part of our scroll of goals, the more funds we get, the more our project can expand to further limits. Let's see how long we can make this scroll get!!
Thank you in advance for your support!
Risks and challenges
With a project of this magnitude we do expect there to be some challenges, however we have allowed ourselves plenty of time to complete the project and still maintain a high quality game. There are risk yes and we have put in place back up plans, should one plan not succeed. The biggest challenge will be as we keep adding new features that will delay the project. We have already discussed this and decided that we can add new features that our gamers want when we release an expansion. This will allow us to focus on the current plans and keep looking toward the future. This is not to say that we may not add a few exciting features to the proposed project, but that most will be in the first update.
The biggest risk will be the ever evolving gaming industry from, android, IOS, new game systems releases, and such. The computer industry is ever evolving and the gaming industry must evolve as well, and as such the languages that games are programmed in go in and out of style often. So we will have to make sure this does not set us back and to prevent that we will hire new programmers to the team that are fluent in a variety of languages. For the most part we have studied discussed and come up with solutions for many possible hiccups. Short of an Act of God I do not foresee any major obstacles in our project development plan.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)