About this project
HELLO, ZOMBIE WALKERS! Zombie lovers. Horror lovers. Comedy lovers. Bizarro lovers. Puppet lovers. Music lovers. Fun lovers at large.
But particularly lovers of wild, subversively entertaining indie films that could never be made through conventional means.
We are rallying you here because we have a movie we’re dying to make, want you to see, and believe in with all our hearts.
THANK YOU, KICKSTARTER, for making this direct appeal possible.
Because you are the ones who can make this happen.
If you watched the video, you got the gist of the story, and a sense of what we’re up to.
We need $20,000 to finish building “Rose’s Place” (her elaborate PUPPET SET); build the 20 REMAINING PUPPETS; hire ACTORS to play those puppets; and finish RECORDING THE SONGS, with all the voices in.
This won’t allow us to shoot the entire feature – we need $170,000 for that – but it will allow us to
a) shoot an honest-to-God 40% OF THE FILM at a cheaper location, saving us easily $10,000 in the long run; and
b) shoot you a couple of fresh, fun videos peeks into Rose’s world that we can’t wait to share.
That said: if we go beyond our goal, and RAISE THE ENTIRE $170,000, we could shoot the entire feature before summer is done, and possibly have a polished cut by Halloween. (The greatest Halloween present ever!)
So if you’re new to Kickstarter, here’s how it works:
We’re asking for $20,000. If we make our goal, Kickstarter sends us the money pledged to ROSE, and we push forward like crazy.
If we DON’T make our goal, WE GET NOTHING. Everybody gets their money back. It’s an all-or-nothing proposition. Which is actually awesome. We either make it, or we don’t.
In exchange for your support, we’re offering lots of cool stuff that we hope will inspire you. If you track the text to the right, you’ll see the list of incentives. ENJOY!
THE TOP FIVE THINGS YOU MIGHT NEED TO KNOW
(THAT THE VIDEO DIDN’T FULLY EXPLAIN)
1) We want to work with zombie walk groups worldwide, getting permission to use and/or shoot as much original footage as possible, to show the scale of the z-pocalypse. (Skipp is flying to Seattle to shoot their record-shaking undead stampede on July 2, with a cast of thousands.)
2) Skipp is a New York Times bestselling novelist and editor-turned-filmmaker, whose 1989 anthology BOOK OF THE DEAD (with Craig Spector) was the beginning of modern zombie literature. Google him up (and please note that his Wikipedia page is years out of date. OOPS!).
3) His new novel SPORE (with Cody Goodfellow) is a crazed L.A. zombie novel on massive amounts of sentient fungus-infected cocaine. THE EMERALD BURRITO OF OZ (with Marc Levinthal) features zombie munchkins, we kid you not. And his giant anthology ZOMBIES: ENCOUNTERS WITH THE HUNGRY DEAD is a 700-page “Greatest Hits” of must-read fiction. All these are offered as swell incentives.
4) Bizarrocentral.com – the hub of the Bizarro literary movement – will be a central clearinghouse for ROSE progress reports. Facebook, too. Here at Kickstarter, we’re going to keep the messages lean.
5) But that doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you! WE’D LOVE TO! So please drop us a line, and let us know what you’re thinking!
Finally: THANK YOU SO MUCH for stopping by. We’re going to make an amazing movie that you’ll be proud to be a part of – a party favorite till the end of time – and we’ll never be able to thank you enough. But we’re SURE GONNA TRY!
Support this project
- (30 days)