About this project
Thank you to all backers for making FANTASTIQA and all FIVE Stretch Goals a reality!
Here are the completed Stretch Goals. These bonuses will be included for all backers at Level Two and up. (Scroll past these for more general information about the game.)
$12,500 -- FAIRY RING (6 cards total)
- FAIRY RING (Event): Place 3 gems from the supply in your current Region. A player who ends her turn in this Region may claim ONE of these Gems.
$15,000 -- UNRULY ARTIFACT, WAYWARD BEAST, and MISPLACED QUEST (9 cards total)
- UNRULY ARTIFACT (Event): Draw two Artifact cards and tuck one part-way under each Region holding an Artifact Tower. A player who ends his turn in a Region with an Unruly Artifact immediately adds this card to his Discard Pile.
- WAYWARD BEAST (Event): Draw two Beast cards and tuck one part-way under each Region holding a Beast Bazaar. A player who ends his turn in a Region with a Wayward Beast immediately adds this card to his Discard Pile.
- MISPLACED QUEST (Event): Draw two Quest cards and tuck one part-way under each Region holding a Quest Chest. A player who ends his turn in a Region with a Misplaced Quest immediately claims this card and places it face-up in front of him like any other Quest.
$17,500 -- MAGIC CARPET RIDE (3 cards total)
- MAGIC CARPET RIDE (Event): Each player may immediately fly to the Region of her choice at the cost of 1 Gem per Region traveled.
$20,000 -- TRICKSTER RAVEN (3 cards total)
- TRICKSTER RAVEN (Event): Each player must pass one card from her hand to the player on her right.
$22,500 -- MARKET DAY (3 cards total)
- MARKET DAY (Event): All players may freely buy, sell, or trade with one another this turn.
Welcome to the wild, weird world of.....
Here is a short video greeting from the designer of FANTASTIQA, Alf Seegert:
Here is a link to the Designer Diary mentioned in the video, detailing the evolution of the game's design.
And here is the teaser video, which should give you a taste of what entering the world of FANTASTIQA is all about.....
....and make sure you don't miss the main FANTASTIQA video at the very top of the page!
FANTASTIQA is a deck-building board game set in a fantastical landscape of dark forests, mist-shrouded highlands, and frozen wastes. As you and your foes journey around the board, you will subdue strange creatures and fulfill fabulous quests.
Each creature you encounter has both an ability and a vulnerability. By playing card symbols to which a creature is vulnerable, you can subdue it and recruit it as an ally. Each creature you defeat is added to your expanding deck of cards, making its special ability into an ability of your own! A defeated Enchantress will wield her beguiling charms to help you overcome wandering Knights. Knights in turn subdue Dragons, adding their fiery breath to your cause. By combining the powers of different creatures you can fulfill curious quests, for example:
- Send forth your Rabbits of Unusual Size to Nibble Through the Violin Strings of the Violent Vampire Volnar!
- Deploy a party of web-slinging Spiders to String a Bridge Across the Chasm of Chaos!
- Send your Dragons and Vampire Bats together on a mission to Ignite the Whisker-Wick'd Candle Guarded by the Ice Cats of Kituviel!
FANTASTIQA is easy to learn but challenging to master – a game for families and gamers alike. Additional simplified rules are included for beginners and younger children.
The components are lavishly illustrated with fine art by Caspar David Friedrich, Vincent van Gogh, Claude Monet, Arthur Rackham, John William Waterhouse, John Bauer, Edward Burne-Jones, Francisco Goya, and others.
Level 1-- FANTASTIQA FAN -- $1
- Thank you for your support! May You Find Felicity in Fantastical Things!
Level 2 -- WIELDER OF THE WILY SPATULA! -- $60
This level provides you with:
- One copy of the base game (at $10 less than the expected MSRP of $70)
- Free shipping in the US ($15 shipping to Canada and $25 to Europe -- see below for details).
- Two different KICKSTARTER-EXCLUSIVE BONUS CARDS (3 each of the Beast of Burden and Ravenous Raven cards--see below)
Level 3 -- ADVENTURER FOR HIRE! -- $66
- Includes everything at Level 2 (including Bonus Cards and Free Shipping in the US) plus the SPECIAL DELIVERY EXPANSION (18 cards plus 8 tokens--see examples below).
Level 4 -- TREASURE HUNTER! -- $68
- Includes everything at Level 2 (including Bonus Cards and Free Shipping in the US) plus the TREASURE HUNT EXPANSION (12 cards; 26 tokens--see examples below).
Level 5 -- MASTER OF FANTASTIQA! -- $72
- Includes EVERYTHING: all items at Level 2 (including Bonus Cards and Free Shipping in the US) plus both the SPECIAL DELIVERY EXPANSION (Level 3) AND the TREASURE HUNT EXPANSION (Level 4).
Level 6: BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! (Order Additional Copies)
- You can add additional copies of the base game of FANTASTIQA (including Bonus Cards and Free Shipping in the US) for $57 each.
- Add additional copies of the Special Delivery Expansion for $5 each.
- Add additional copies of the Treasure Hunt Expansion for $7 each.
Level 7 -- ILLEGIBLE SCRIBBLE! (Base game with all expansions, plus an autographed Designer's Prototype)-- $250
- Includes everything at Level 5 (the base game and all expansions) plus a Designer's Prototype, autographed by the game's designer, Alf Seegert. (Limit: 3 available.)
FANTASTIQA is made with these top-quality components:
- 310gsm quality cards, standard Poker-size, illustrated with fine art
- An incredibly sturdy, beautiful, archival-quality box, approximately 3mm thick and at least 3.25" deep
- A large, durable game board, 16" x 23"
- 2.15mm thick tiles
- Six special, custom-designed large wooden statue pieces, 1.5" to 2" tall (see below)
- All Kickstarter levels include free shipping in the Continental US. Add $15 to Canada and $25 to Europe. FANTASTIQA is packed with high-quality components that make it a heavy game to ship (7-8 pounds!) so free US shipping makes backing on Kickstarter an even better value!
- For international shipping outside of Canada or Europe, the shipping fee is actual cost, minus a 25% discount off that amount (the actual amount will vary based on the number of games ordered and the destination).
- For those of you attending Essen SPIEL 2012, Gryphon Games will try to arrange pickup at our booth #10-55 if the game is published and shipped in time. There will be a $10 additional cost for each game we deliver on this basis (a savings of $15.00 from the standard $25 shipping fee to Europe). Pledgers should note to us if they want to do this and they can pay us for this when they pick their game up at the SPIEL event. We will know before the Kickstarter campaign ends if this will be possible and we will notify everyone of the details at that time.
Gryphon Games is committed to producing games of the highest quality, both in production and game play. We feel it is important that people who buy FANTASTIQA receive a game that is well made and which will be in playable condition for many years to come. FANTASTIQA will be produced using the best printing, box and components available.
We are grateful for your support! We hope you will raise up your spatula and join us for an exciting adventure in FANTASTIQA!
Alf Seegert is an internationally published, award-winning designer of Euro-style strategy games, including Bridge Troll, Trollhalla, The Road to Canterbury, and now, FANTASTIQA. His games have been featured in WIRED Magazine, GeekDad, The New Yorker, The Chronicle of Higher Education, GAMES Magazine, The Guardian UK, MTV Geek, The Onion AV Club, The Huffington Post, and TheOneRing.net. He is Assistant Professor (Lecturer) in the Department of English at the University of Utah. Visit his homepage at www.alfseegert.com.
Official website for FANTASTIQA--find links and the rulebook here: fantastiqa.com
Gryphon Games: eagle-gryphon.com
The actual shipping cost is $56 to Australia. Gryphon Games will cover 25% of that, so the total to add would be $42.
Support this project
- (50 days)