Global Endemic Online - A True Zombie Survival MMORPG
Global Endemic Online - A True Zombie Survival MMORPG
The first true zombie survival MMORPG that puts you in the world after the apocalypse. Gather your friends and rebuild society your way
The first true zombie survival MMORPG that puts you in the world after the apocalypse. Gather your friends and rebuild society your way Read more
We just wanted to write everyone and let you all know that this game is going to happen! Don't be discouraged because of this campaign. We have received excellent feedback from many of you. We learned where this campaign may have stumbled and we are going to come back with improvements to ensure an immensely successful campaign next time. Even though this campaign may look bleak we are not going to give up on it. We are going to continue to spread word to help it become as noticed as possible and to build on our amazing community. Regardless of the outcome of this campaign, it was not a failure. It allowed us to spread word of our game, receive amazing feedback from people such as yourselves, and it helped us begin building a strong community. We want to see it continue to grow.
We would also like to inform you that we have been working on the game. It is coming together quite nicely and we will continue to do so for the next month before launching another campaign. We want to ensure that we have in-game video that makes you drool. We haven't released a video as of yet because we want nothing less than pools of drool on your desks because we know the finished product will cause just that. That said, we would love nothing more than for all of you to join us on our forums. We love answering questions and staying in contact with our community so feel free to hop on here:
Also, if you use Facebook we would also greatly appreciate if you would Like our Facebook page. We will keep you up to date on our upcoming campaign and give you guys some sneak peaks ;P. We would also very much appreciate you guys continuing to spread word. Even if it is getting some friends to Like our Facebook page. The greater the reach we have at the start of the next campaign, the greater the chance for success.
For those of you who have backed this campaign we want to Thank You from the bottom of our hearts! You are all awesomesauce in my book. We will leave you guys as Backers in our forums. If you haven't posted your forum name in the comment section for us to upgrade, be sure to do so before the campaign ends.
See you there!
A zombie game where you do more than just fight or run from zombies; you actually survive in the post apocalyptic world. An MMO that isn't just quest, dungeon, and battleground; instead you have far more options in an open, dynamic, and player driven world. A large world where players aren't only your enemies; they are your companions, neighbors, merchants, trainers, bounties, and brother in arms. Your survival may very well depend on them. A game where the developers rely on your input and approval to create your favorite game. Global Endemic Online puts you in the chaotic zombie ravaged world to create order, or if you prefer, more chaos.
Completely Open Development
GEO will NOT be created behind closed doors. We are going to film the game from start to finish and release Webisodes frequently so you can see how the development is coming along. We want YOU to participate in the game development. We are going to be on the forums frequently asking questions and taking polls for the games content and we also encourage you guys to come up with your own ideas to poll.
Further yet, we are taking a completely unique approach to GEO's updates. You will never have to worry about a developer takeover. Updates for the game will be planned and broadcasted to the players to read over and vote on. If majority of the players approve we will commence with the update. You can always skip the vote or opt out completely. Bugs and minor updates will not be voted on, but any update that will change the game such as changes to certain professions will be. It is YOUR game so we want YOUR approval and input from early stages of development all the way through.
In Global Endemic Online (GEO) you are a survivor in a world after the zombie plague. You don't have to worry about just zombies; there are looters, organizations, and even players that want nothing more than to take your gear and leave you high and dry to be zombie fodder.
Unique features of GEO include:
- Free roam world environment. No set paths to follow.
- Semi-realistic game play.
- Profession System instead of a Class System.
- Multiple professions to choose from and you can master several at a time.
- Freely pick up or drop professions.
- Level professions by using your professions' skills. Want to be a Sniper? Use Rifles.
- Scavenge the land for supplies to build homes and to customize your weaponry.
- Housing that can be placed on the game's terrain. You can even decorate the inside of your house with furniture and items.
- Players create the towns and major cities through housing. The leaders of the city name the city.
- Dynamic City Leadership. Vote, battle, or both to become Leader.
- Level through various ways: Quests, Missions, City Defense, Fort Defense, Dungeons, Raids, City Wars, Arenas, Death Duels, World PVP, Bounty Missions, Wanted Mission, and... more? No more quest, dungeon, or arena leveling only.
- Player driven economy. Players create the armor, weapons, buildings, vehicles, and virtually every main item in the game.
- Extremely customizable characters (including tattoos).
- Wear any armor or gear.
- Drive any vehicle.
- Participate in mounted combat.
- Battle in large Player vs Player City wars.
- Dynamic factions created by players through city Clans.
- Dynamic world environment in which you have to survive.
- Eat food and drink water to keep your stats up and prevent delirium.
- Manage a small group of Non-Player Characters (NPC) to do as you command.
- Post players on the Bounty board with an amount on their head or pick up the posts and hunt players for money.
- Play as a ZOMBIE!!! Unique death system allows you to play a zombie with a customizable Talent Sheet to redeem yourself.
- There really is ALWAYS something to do.
- Completely unique Guild system is in discussion and will be presented to the Forums for your input.
- The Community is in control of updates.
- Your voice matters.
It takes time and lots of money to make great games, especially MMO's. We have already mapped out much of the games content and have even gotten a head start on development, but we can only go so far without funds. So that's where you come in. If we can get the funding we need the team can go completely full time on this project to get it to you as quickly and as well polished as possible. If we can exceed our budget we can bring on even more people to get this amazing game out sooner with even more content. We can't do this project without YOU. We don't want you to just donate money to this game, we want you to participate in the creation of the game. We are going to heavily rely on our community for input. We are going to poll new features and you guys can even poll features that you think should be in the game. We want to make this game for you so who better to tell us what you like than you!
We aren't asking you to just give us money, we are asking that you invest in your next favorite game of all time by getting super early pre-orders. We have tons more awesome incentives for you as well, just take a look over there >>>>>>>>
Where's the money going?
- Wages (far under industry standard... just enough to survive)
- Sounds and Music
- Backer rewards
- Kickstarter and Amazon's cuts
- 10% Buffer for all unforeseen costs
Not Just Donations
We really need more than just donations. We need exposure. We want to offer some awesome incentives to those of you who want to spread the cause. By spreading word and a link to this Kickstarter page through Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, or any other social network you can think of, you can earn some other rewards.
Want a main character to look like you and be named by you? Two lucky winners will have just that. Here are the two ways to do this.
The person that has a post on Facebook promoting this Kickstarter campaign with the most likes by the end of the campaign wins. You must submit it via our site or Facebook.
The person who posts about Project GEO and a link to this Kickstarter in the most places. You must submit the links through our site.
Now keep in mind these Street Team rewards will not be given out unless this campaign is successful so we need to make sure the budget is hit by the deadline so you can get these rewards too!
Learn more about the Street Team : http://www.globalendemiconline.com/community/aboutstreet.html
- (30 days)