Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on December 6, 2011.
About this project
We love all things photography and I'm sure you do too.
Lens Filter Coasters is a coaster set comprised of four camera lens filters. We had three goals in mind with the product.
1) Design - We wanted the set to look like a work of art on your desk, coffee table, etc. It doesn't need to be thrown in a drawer when the neighbs show up unexpectedly.
2) Function - This is self-explanatory. The Lens Filter Coasters were designed to actually be used. Obviously it is fun to look at, but using it is even better. Durability and quality was the key.
3) Photography - It had to be photography related. Lens filters are one of the least valued camera accessories, so it seemed like a perfect fit.
The design is simple and minimalistic. The holder is virtually indestructible. The steel is just thick enough that it won't bend, yet it isn't unnecessarily heavy. The four slots in the holder allow the filter to rest at the perfect angle for a unified look. The rugged finish adds character. This thing will outlive you.
The filters are made of optic polycarbonate resin. If you aren't familiar with resin, it is very similar to plexiglass.
With your support, we will be able to cover the manufacturing costs of the coaster sets. For those of you that enjoy giving gifts, the higher pledge amounts are for you. Hoarders, look there too.
Thanks for visiting. We hope that you are excited as we are about this product. Once you have backed our project, please share the news with your friends.
As of now, we have no plans for selling these sets at retail, so this will possibly be your only chance to get one.
Coaster Holder Specs:
- Thickness: 24 Gauge
- Material: Cold-rolled Steel
- Length: 6 inches / 15.2 cm
- Width: 3.125 inches / 7.9 cm
- Height: 1.5 inches / 3.8 cm
Lens Filter Specs:
- Size: 86mm
- FIlter Material: Polycarbonate Resin (similar to plexi-glass)
- (60 days)