"Be the Archetype." -- An Ecologically Printed, Customizable Major Arcana Deck that asks you to #ModelAMajor.
"Be the Archetype." -- An Ecologically Printed, Customizable Major Arcana Deck that asks you to #ModelAMajor. Read more
About this project
"Thus men forgot that All Deities reside in the Human Breast." - William Blake.
To which I would add: "Now, Let's see yours."
Major Arcana XXI: "The World"
Major Arcana VI: "The Lovers"
Major Arcana XII: "The Hanged Man"
Major Arcana: II "The High Priestess"
Major Arcana I: "The Magician"
Major Arcana XVIII: "The Moon"
Major Arcana XIV: "Temperance"
See More Here:
- Completed Cards Gallery and Reference Photos: Mirrorstarot.com
- Root's Blog: Rootdraws.com
- And Right Here, in the Kickstarter Project Updates.
I've designed the deck to be printed by GreenerPrinter. Here's what they have to say about the 20 pt. Brown Kraft Board that I've chosen for the project:
The Mirrors Tarot will be beautiful, thick, earthy, brown and ecologically responsible.
The assembly and fulfillment will be handled by myself here at the Friends Co-Operative in Madison, WI. Because this fulfillment will take place from home, I will be able to individualize decks for #ModelAMajor Supporters and Contest Winners.
We will both sleep better knowing that no old growth forests were destroyed for the sake of art.
I have totally eliminated Fulfillment and Production from my budget. At the end of the campaign, if the project is successful, my goal is to keep the promises I have made, establish credibility, and share a gift with the Tarot Community.
- I will receive the printed cards in boxes and assemble them by hand.
- I will paint each card without anticipation of compensation.
- The base level of the project is set to be a print run of 150.
Here is the approximated breakdown for the $3000 Goal for this campaign:
The #ModelAMajor contest is the nervous system of this entire campaign, and will be my focus for the duration of this Kickstarter.
Here is the format that I'd like you to share your #ModelAMajor photo, using my friend Crystal as an example:
"Hey My name is Crystal, and I'm part of the /r/occult Tribe on Reddit. Here is my #ModelAMajor."
You don't need three options to participate in the contest, but Crystal decided to do that.
- Please post your entry on Facebook and Twitter.
- Contest runs from 4/1 to 4/22.
At the end of the contest, Crystal's Tribe will decide which Tribe Member they want to elect as their winner. At that point, if Crystal wins the contest, I will paint her portrait as a Major Arcana, regardless if the Mirrors Tarot is funded. [This is my gift to the Tarot Community.]
If the project is funded, the winners of the #ModelAMajor Campaign will receive the $250 Tier Reward for Free.
[Unique decks will be delivered along with the other ordered decks by Samhain '17]
The #ModelAMajor Contest is meant to be educational and fun. There is no cost of entry, and there is no requirement for you to back the project.
Here are the Tribes currently involved:
- Tarot by Arwen
- Daily Tarot Girl & The Intuitive Tarot Class.
- /r/Tarot & /r/Occult
- Anami at Velvet Revolution
- The Thieves Guild
- Accidental Blogger
- TABI (Tarot Association of the British Isles)
- Benebell Wen
- Throughout the length of the Campaign, I will be working on more Major Arcana, and reaching out to more Tribes. However, since the prize of the contest includes a gift of $250 in value, it is necessary that the #ModelAMajor Tribe Participants be exclusive. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to keep my promises.
- If you are a person looking to join, and you're not affiliated with any of those groups, I would suggest joining one. They are nice people.
- If you are a Tribe who would like to join in the contest, please contact me:
Risks and challenges
This project is essentially an extended gift.
If the idea of being in your own Tarot Deck excites you, then we have a common interest. If now isn't the right time for this project, then I'll just continue to learn, correct course, and try again.
Thanks for your time and consideration,
Support this project
- (22 days)