I've gone ahead and posted this up on Steam:
Steam Greenlight is here!
More Stretch Goals Complete!
Some finer points!
Projections SMASHED! Project FUNDED! Also I just WOKE UP!
Wow! $20,000 in 9 hours!
We've burst past the $75,000 goal! That means hiring an assistant animator; more enemies, more frames per, more world to dash about it, and more chance for us to concentrate on refining and perfecting all the systems and levels. It also means a more robust OST and SFX (Sorry as3sfxr - you've been great!)
I'll be revealing some new Stretch Goals soon!
I'd like to address some of the questions coming in on the project in one rapid update:
- There will be gamepad support, of course! Developing primarily with a 360 pad in mind. KB controls are standard, but pad preferred.
- Determine which version you want: PC, Linux or Mac, even at the $10 tier.
- The Kickstarter special version will include bonus playable content, meaning another area, and the possibility of new gear.
- I've seen enough requests for an international shipping option for the print, so I'm currently estimating the cost to do so and hope to have a new tier for it ASAP. Look out for a preview sketch of it as well.
- Also looking into the costs of a physical version of the Companion Art book, though keep in mind we are a very small team, so physical rewards are time consuming.
- The trailer track is by Baths. The in-game OST is being handled by Disasterpeace. Baths will have some involvement down the line once he is back from crazy tour times.
- The combat experience is critical to this game. I gave some glimmers of it in the trailer, but want to do a feature soon to show everyone how it plays out for more then a few seconds; sword play, shielding, deflections, gun play, grenades!
I checked my phone the second these bleary eyes would let me and WOW! You guys blasted this past not only the initial funding goal but $42,000 in less than 24 hours! My jaw just flew off my face due to such rapid dropping, my hair is on fire with static charge and my arms are flailing wildly while my dog pleads for breakfast! You'll have to wait for breakfast, pooch. More updates coming soon; I just had to say THANK YOU!
I'm stunned! What a huge response with such positive feedback from the community. I'm swooning and crooning all over the place. My eyes are vibrating out of their sockets, my ears are probably bleeding, and I'm certain I'll need braces for each limb as I've shattered them whilst jumping in excitement. Everyone has been so supportive.
I'll be posting some new screen shots/video later this week to keep everyone enticed.
Once again, thank you for such a blazing start.