SILISKIN® GLASS: Silicone + glass = THE BEST cup ever!
SILISKIN® GLASS: Silicone + glass = THE BEST cup ever!
This patent-pending, silicone covered glass is easier to grip and safer to use. Better health, less waste, goodbye plastic!
This patent-pending, silicone covered glass is easier to grip and safer to use. Better health, less waste, goodbye plastic! Read more
About this project
SILISKIN® GLASS >> Safe • Clean • Green
Several years ago, we were shocked to learn about all the toxic chemicals that have been found in plastic. When it came to our kids, it seemed that everything they used was plastic especially in feeding and drink ware. So we started our company Silikids® making accessories out of silicone. We wanted to provide a safer alternative to plastic and make glass the 'norm again...
Introducing the Siliskin® Glass... perfect for kids who are ready for a “big kid” cup. We developed a new patent pending Siliskin® design with built in shock absorption to help protect the glass from breakage and provide better grip.
The Siliskin® Glass is the perfect alternative to plastic drinkware for kids. Little hands can grip better and no more sweaty, slippery glass. Our patent pending Siliskin® is capable of dropping and bouncing from extreme heights.
WHAT IS SILICONE? >>
- SAFE Non toxic material.
- SI14 Silicon (one of the most abundant elements on Earth) combined with carbon, hydrogen and oxygen.
- INERT Does not interact with the liquids inside, and taste isn't altered.
- HEAT RESISTANT Can resist high temperatures without damage.
- RECYCLABLE Through specialized recycling facilities. Send us your silicone and we will have it properly recycled for you.
The Siliskin® Glass is encased in a 100% food grade silicone skin that is dishwasher, freezer, and microwave safe. You can even boil it to sterilize.
THE ISSUES WITH PLASTICS >>
Plastics contain chemicals. Some most common are bisphenol-A (BPA), PVC and Phthalates. These chemicals, which have been linked to diabetes, heart disease and cancer, migrate out of the plastic and into the foods and drinks we consume. Not only does plastic degrade quickly, but heat from the dishwasher can also break it down. After prolonged or multiple uses, the surface becomes a coarse haven for bacteria and mold to hide. There is also a terrible environmental impact because so many plastic items aren't recycled, and end up in landfills and oceans.
THE SILISKIN® GLASS >> It's almost here!
Prototypes are complete, and we have secured manufacturing. Our glass is made by a leading glass company in the USA. The Siliskin® is manufactured by a highly experienced silicone company in China. All of the components arrive at our U.S. warehouse where it is then assembled, packaged, warehoused and shipped. Funds will go towards the production tooling, minimum order requirements and finalizing the patent.
The success of this kickstart will bring this safe, clean and green alternative to market, but more importantly to your kids. Thank you for your support!
THE PLAN >> Once goal is met.
- SUCCESS! - Celebrate and high fives all around! Juice for the kids, wine for the moms (in our prototypes of course)!
- WEEK 1-3 - Send out product color survey to all Backers to finalize top choices. Notify manufacturers and prepare orders while funds are being processed.
- WEEK 4-8 - Receive funds. Place Siliskin tooling and glass order with manufacturers. Silikids Rings ($10 Reward Backer) ship out.
- WEEK 9-12 - Siliskin tooling (mold) complete. Approve final samples. Initiate production run.
- WEEK 12-16 - Final products complete and shipped to warehouse.
- WEEK 16-18 - Assemble Siliskin® Glass, package and ship to Backers.
**EXCLUSIVE KICKSTARTER SET Backers will receive a color survey at the end to determine two more color choices to complete the set. You will help us choose the colors which will be known as the "Kickstarter Palette."
REWARD LEVELS >>
- $1 ........ THANK YOU!
- $10 ...... Super Cool Silikids Ring
- $25 ...... Early Bird Special #1/ 1 set: in TART
- $25 .......Early Bird Special #2/ 1 set: in SEA
- $30 ...... 1 set: in TART
- $30 ...... 1 set: in SEA
- $35 ...... Early Bird Special #3/ 1 set: in TART & SEA
- $40 ...... 1 set: in TART & SEA colors
- $45 ...... Exclusive Kickstarter Set: in TART, SEA and two more colors selected from survey
- $100 .... Exclusive Kickstarter Set & Poster print
A SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Robert Dodds... Camera Man!
- All of our Silikids supporters, ambassadors and friends.
- Our husbands who have patience.
- Our family who loves us.
- And our children, who inspire us to do what we love!
Risks and challenges
#1: Time! Understanding the flow of production is crucial. Luckily we have had our share of experience in the past with product R&D and know the value of creating a prototype that reflects the final product. An ealier generation of the Siliskin® Glass (which didn't have the heavy duty skin) also allowed us go through the whole production run and sell through our website.
#2: Coordinating the pieces! Manufacture the Siliskin®. Purchase the glass. Print packaging. Assemble. Ship.
Our glass is sourced from a major manufacturer here in the US and they keep this item stocked. This is a huge benefit since we don't have to depend on their time tables of when the glass will be available. Anytime one of the pieces is delayed it holds everything up. It comes back to TIME.
It's important to have a good line of communication with the manufacturer and pad some time on the back end. We have produced a few products in our line and know how to handle multiple pieces and levels of production. All our manufacturers are also capable of scaling up with demand which is important. Luckily our business growth has taught us how to deliver from the multi-layered world of consumer goods manufacturing.
The Siliskin Glass is a standard 6oz juice glass.
Yes. The glass does come with the Siliskin sleeve. It can also come off for washing, however it is not necessary to remove the sleeve every time you wash the glass and you can put it in the dishwasher all as one unit.
You 'betcha! Please go to the "Contact me" link by our company info on the right hand side and let us know how many sets you want and in which colors. We'll walk you through how to make your pledge.
• Add up each pledge reward you'd like.
• Enter that total as your pledge amount.
• Go to the "Contact me" link by our company info on the right hand side and let us know your color choices.
For Canada and International orders, if ordering more than one set, the shipping rates will be adjusted based on quantity (ultimately a better deal for you!)
Support this project
- (30 days)