We are now taking orders on our web site www.rinsekit.com
If you would like to order a 3 gallon version please email Chris firstname.lastname@example.org
Big thanks for these bloggers featuring the Rinse KIt:
OutSol stands for Outdoor Solutions for the outdoor soul, and we’re committed to getting you out and exploring. Our latest project – the RinseKit – provides a high-pressured mini-shower that you can wash off your gear, your kids, your dog, or yourself, before getting back into your car, home, or tent. So far you guys have loved the RinseKit, but they’re selling faster than we can make them. So we’ve launched this campaign to improve our prototype, standardize production, and get them delivered to your door as fast as possible. Here’s how it works:
• The RinseKit gets its impressive water pressure from your house! Hook up the quick disconnect to the hose bib on your house for just a few seconds, and you’ve got portable water pressure you can bring anywhere.
• The only moving part is the sprayer nozzle. The Rinse Kit doesn't require any batteries or pumping to generate pressure. Simply put, it stores water pressure from your house for later usage.
• Fully loaded the RinseKit weighs only 15 pounds. Throw it in your car, 4-wheeler, or tent, and use it to rinse off the mud, sand, and salt that builds up after a day of fun.
• With 6 different sprays on the adjustable nozzle, you can opt for a high-powered jet stream to blast away dirt or gentle mist to cool down in the summer heat. The misting setting lasts for up to 10 minutes with only a few seconds of charging!
• RinseKit was designed with surfers in mind, to clean off wetsuits, boards, and feet before piling everything back into your car or bike. But since we’ve started selling our prototype, we’re so impressed with how many different ways you guys have started using the RinseKit. A quick shower at the beach for you and your kids, washing off your pets after a long run, cleaning dishes at your campsite, cooling down at your favorite music festival. Keep the ideas coming!
Our improved, standardized RinseKit is built to last forever and follow you on all your crazy adventures, from your daily waves to your once in a lifetime trips. RinseKit turns getting down and dirty into good, clean fun.
What you get:
• A durable, easy to carry, plastic RinseKit with a 10 year limited lifetime warranty.
• Up to 1.5 gallons of portable, high-pressured water.
** Now you can have up to 3 Gallons, you lose the storage space on top, but you get another 1.5 gallons to use. Check the rewards.
• A detachable hard top that doubles as a platform for outdoor showering or a container for washing off dishes or muddy shoes.
• Simplicity – there’s only one moving part.
• Fill up your RinseKit with hot water for a hot shower!
• An easily drainable and cleanable product
1. Attach quick connect male adapter directly to hose bib
2. Detach RinseKit hose nozzle using quick detach
3. Connect RinseKit to house
4. Open valve to refill RinseKit
5. Close house hose bib and disconnect RinseKit
6. Reconnect hose nozzle and use
7. Periodically drain RinseKit to maintain maximum capacity
The RinseKit makes getting out and getting dirty easier than ever. When you donate to our campaign, you’re helping us perfect a product that makes fun and exciting outdoor adventures more accessible than ever. We’re using your donations to add the perfect finishing touches to our prototype, ensuring you have a kit that follows you on all of your adventures. Next, we are going to standardize our production, and begin manufacturing the RinseKit in bulk – to finally catch up with the demand.
We estimate that the cost of bringing the best possible RinseKit to your door is $100,000.
Here’s the breakdown:
$5,000 for engineering the final parts to make sure the Rinse Kit it is the best it can be.
$65,000 to create the molding for the Rinse Kit. In order to manufacture the Rinse Kit in bulk and standardize production we need move production to a larger and more advance factory. Right now we're developing the product in my garage.
$30,000 will go to inventory
$1200 - Reward:
I will get you your personalized Short Board from Vonsol's Sean Mattison.
THE MAN BEHIND THE BOARDS -About Sean Mattison
With over 30 years of surfing experience, Sean Mattison's surfing career is a resume of accomplishments dating back to the 1970's. This experience is a critical piece to Sean's surfboard designs, accompany this experience with 12 years plus of working in the surf industry as surfboard buyer and you can see why Sean Mattison has been deemed "Lord of the Boards" by Surfing Magazine.
Shaped by Scott Chandler: All boards are custom shaped by the "Monster of Madness" himself, Scott "Channy" Chandler. Channy has been shaping boards since 1985. He first learned how to make boards from legendary shaper Dick Brewer while living and competing professionally on the North Shore in the '80s. Since then he has made hundreds of boards featuring all shapes and sizes. He still shapes for Brewer "Plumeria" on occasion, and you'll find Chandler Surfboards in shops and around his hometown of Carlsbad, CA.
Risks and challenges
The Rinse Kit development process has been an amazing journey so far. The first Rinse Kit was just a piece of PVC pipe painted black and took over 10 months of engineering, eight different prototypes and lots of durability testing to get to the current version your seeing today. We did a soft launch at the Carlsbad Street Fair on May 5 2013 and almost sold out of Rinse Kits, but the most amazing part was the response from the crowd. We ran out of business cards from interested customers wanting to tell their friends. This gave us the confidence that people loved the concept and design and we were ready for Kickstarter.
Launching a startup company is always a risk as you have to front load all the work and funding hoping that your product will sell at the end of the day. We've built this company from the ground up with a solid foundation focused on a low overhead scalable business model. Basically, our manufacturing can handle large orders but we don't need to move tons of volume to stay in business.
Chris started his first company when he was 19, ten years later he's learned many valuable lessons on how to overcome challenges that will arise in a start up company. Our current manufacturing facility is local so this allows us to be very involved in the quality control and daily operations of the Rinse Kit. This helps us to ensure the timely delivery of a quality product.
Goals after Kickstarter-
Our main goal with Kickstarter is to get our outdoor products company OutSol moving forward so we can continue to sell Rinse Kits and finish the development of our other innovative outdoor products that we've created. With a successful Kickstarter campaign we'll have the breathing room we need to breakthrough into this competitive market and keep creating awesome outdoor products for you!
- (35 days)