Rise of the Beasts - Series 2
Rise of the Beasts - Series 2
The new beasts have risen! Series 1 was a success, now bring Series 2 home! 4 new characters and a weapons pack!
The new beasts have risen! Series 1 was a success, now bring Series 2 home! 4 new characters and a weapons pack! Read more
About this project
Hello fellow toy collectors!!!!
We are ready to release Series 2 of our popular Rise of the Beasts mini action-figure line!
Series 1, released in November of 2014, saw two sculpts: our Rhino and Scorpion characters. The figures came out AWESOME! The line was well received and generated lots of excellent reviews! It was definitely a dream come true for Glenn White (co-owner/character creator) and myself! A HUGE thanks to all of you, and to our friends over at Onell Design and the Glyos factory!
For Series 2, rather than just release 2 more figures, we decided that we would go for 4 new characters and a full weapons pack! The original Lion and Gorilla characters, a modified version of the original Horned Lizard character and an all new, wickedly cool, Ant character! As was the case with Series 1, they will be available in different colors, unpainted and painted.
Let's take a look at the first wave of paint schemes (these are paint masters, subject to change):
For those of you who like your minis mono.
Did we mention weapons?
Along with these four new figures, we will have a versatile weapons pack with an array of weapons sized for our little guys, but which also work well with various other mini figure lines! Weapons will be in the same high quality PVC as the figures, and will come in silver, gold, gunmetal black, flesh, Glow in the Dark and other alternate colors.
Each figure comes with a weapon.
The standard color for the pack-in weapons will be gold. Except for some of the unpainted figures. They will have matching weapons.
Example: Flesh figures will have flesh weapons and Glow in the Dark figures will have Glow in the Dark weapons, so as not to break up the monochromatic theme.
Each figure sculpt will have his own assigned weapon.
- Lion - Sayf Asayid (elegant sword)
- Gorilla - Alyad (curved axe)
- Lizard - Dahmatim (mace)
- Ant - Zur Malwat (scimitar)
- Rhino - Kaj'Jahar (polearm)
- Scorpion - Guwrah Helel (laser pistol)
Each figure will be approximately 60mm (2 1/3 inches) tall with some slight size variation for character scale. These will be made in a firm rubbery PVC material, that same as you have seen in Glyos, OMFG and your other favorite independent toy lines!
Each figure has 4-5 points of articulation: neck, shoulders, waist and (where applicable) tail! The joints we use are Glyos joints. Very durable and come with an added bonus of being able to mix and match your characters!
Feel free to add-on any of the below items to your pledge.
$8 - Weapons Pack! Add another weapons pack to your pledge fro $8 each set. Choose from Gold, Silver, Metallic Black, Purple, Flesh or Glow in the Dark!
$5 - Unpainted figure. Any of the figures listed below, with weapon for a cool $5 each.
- Lion: Flesh, Gold, Red, Metallic Black, Blue, Bone
- Gorilla: Flesh, Gold, Red, Metallic Black, Blue, Bone
- Lizard: Flesh, Gold, Metallic Black, Maroon, Bone
- Ant: Flesh, Gold, Metallic Black, Maroon, Bone
- Rhino: Flesh, Gold, Bone
- Scorpion: Flesh, Gold, Bone
$8 - Blackwashed Bone figure. Any figure in a bone colored PVC with a blackwash to bring out the detail. Includes blackwashed bone weapon.
$8 - Painted figure. Any of the painted figures listed below, with weapon for a cool $8 each
. - Asa'yid (Lion): Red and yellow color scheme.
- Guwrah (Gorilla): Red and black color scheme
- Khabasat (Lizard): Metallic black and red color scheme
- Ant: Metallic black and purple color scheme
$11 - Glow in the Dark pair. Choose the Lion/Gorilla, the Lizard/Ant, or the Rhino/Scorpion Characters in unpainted Glow in the Dark.
How to add-on and add-on to your pledge:
1. Click the “manage your pledge” button on the project's page.
2. Increase your pledge by the amount needed to claim the add-on(s).
3. Save your pledge. Do not change the tier that you originally pledged at.
We have set the initial goal to the absolute minimum still needed to produce these 4 guys and the weapons pack (we already have a good amount set aside). However, once we hit that goal, we have lots in store in regards to stretch goals and more add-ons. There are alternate colors to be had (both painted and unpainted). Deluxe painted figures, a glow in the dark set and even new characters! We have a whole slew of unrevealed characters (by the creative genius Glenn White) and are working on more every day. If this project takes off quickly, the first major stretch goal will be an additional 2 new characters. And if it soars beyond even that, we have more! We are starting with 4, but it's really up to you guys and gals to see how many new characters we can release with this project!
As mentioned before, the first series was well received. These little guys are affordable, excellent quality and FUN! If you are on the fence and wondering what the final product for series 2 will be like, then stop by the store and pick up one of the Series 1 figures and see for yourself! This series will be produced with the exact same team and at the exact same factory (the Glyos factory!) as last time around.
We anticipate that once the Kickstarter funds, that we should have the figures in hand and ready to ship to you within 7-9 months. If everything goes like clockwork, even sooner. The timeline looks like this:
- Funds are received within 2 weeks of the end of the Kickstarter.
- When this Kickstarter ends, the Glyos factory will just be coming back from their Chinese New Year break and it may take a month or two to get an open slot with them.
- Funds are then sent to the Glyos factory and they begin the process of creating the metal molds. That can take a couple months. Maybe an extra month if there are tooling adjustments that need to be resolved. Last time it took 10 weeks from the time they received the model to the time I had test shots in my hand.
- Once test shots are approved (assuming no changes need to be made) it takes about a three months for them to produce the production run and ship them to me.
- I will post updates at every step of the way to keep you folks in the loop!
One of the biggest concerns with having figures produced overseas is finding a reputable, reliable factory that you can trust and work efficiently with. For us, those concerns were put to rest when we began working with the Glyos Factory.
The Glyos factory is hands down the best place for independent toy makers to go, to bring their projects to life! It is a dedicated (and exclusive) operation that specializes specifically in making official Glyos product as well as modern mini figure lines. They have been producing high quality figures for the independent market for almost 9 years straight (longer if you count their Beantown Toys days).
Matt Doughty from Onell Design personally consults on every toy line that comes through the Glyos factory, focusing on problem solving and assisting in communications throughout the manufacturing process - all the way to the final product being shipped out. As we move into Series 2, Onell Design will still be watching out for us.
So there you have it! We are ready to go on these, just need your help! Please pledge and please help us spread the word!!!
Risks and challenges
1. Delays. There is always the possibility of delays. The return of Cthulhu to planet earth. Nibiru causing gigantic tidal waves that sink transport ships. Cats taking all international shipping ports hostage (because CATS). In all seriousness, Series 1 was successful and we are again working with the Glyos factory and expect the same fantastic results in the same time frame. We anticipate having the figures in hand and ready to ship within 7-9 months just like before. However, it could be quicker. Lets all hope! The Glyos factory's track record is excellent so far with all of the other lines they produce which is why we continue to work with them!
2. The boat could sink/plane could crash. We are actually using express shipping to get the figures here from China. It's not really that much more expensive per figure for us (one benefit of mini figures, ha ha) so it comes across on an airplane. :)
Our first series had no major issues and we received a top quality product from the Glyos factory. We don't anticipate any difference this time around.
Support this project
- (40 days)