Vikaura - Welcome to the cutting edge of expressing you.
Vikaura is based on the premise that some things, be they images, information, reminders, ideas, or designs are too big to be held within the confines of your smartphone.
Vikaura Screens enable users, for the first time, to drive the things that matter most to them out of their phones and into their world.
Bringing together patented power management systems, E Ink bi-stable display technology, app "linking" functionality, and Bluetooth communication, Vikaura Screens enable you to break out of your phone and begin customizing your world.
- Mothers can use Vikaura's dedicated space to get messages to their kids without competing with text messages from friends.
- Get a message to your child without breaking the school's no cell phone policy. The message automatically appears on Vikaura.
- Share pictures of your kids with your family.
- Take your recipe book digital. Snap a picture of all your recipes and store them in the Vikaura app.
- Create "at-a-glance" informational displays - weather, calendars, stock prices, reminders, notifications, etc.
- Write your own app or PC software to work with Vikaura. Due to overwhelming interest, the Vikaura API will be available, free of charge, to our Kickstarter backers that receive a Vikaura screen as part of their reward!
No wires! Because of Vikaura's unique power management system combined with the efficiency of a bi-stable display, there is no need to plug in Vikaura - ever. Vikaura screens will accommodate thousands of updates before needing a battery replacement. This gives you total freedom of placement. Shelves, doors, walls, desks, backpacks, cars, lockers, bathrooms, refrigerators, class rooms, dorm rooms, Vikaura goes where you need it.
Vikaura isn't like a simplistic e-book reader. Vikaura's Bluetooth functionality allows you to have sophisticated control from your phone. There is no need to press buttons on the Vikaura Screen. The Vikaura app turns your phone into a Vikaura remote control. Find an interesting image or graphic on the internet? Use the Vikaura app to simply send it to your Vikaura Screen. An e-book reader's battery lasts a little over a week before needing recharged. A unique power management system allows Vikaura to last for years on its battery. Also, Vikaura's resolution is better than most at almost 220ppi.
Vikaura screens are used with a multi-function iOS or Android app that allows you to:
- Drive content directly from your phone to your Vikaura Screen. Have a to-do list, note for the kids, shopping list? Drive it to a Vikaura Screen. Visible, tangible, efficient. Found a cool image? Drive it out of your phone and onto your wall! Like a recipe? Why squint and waste your phone or tablet battery? Vikaura will display it for you and turn back to whatever you like when you're done.
- Subscribe to feeds that can automatically push information to your Vikaura Screens - news feeds, weather for the day, daily calendar. Have them already displayed by the front door or on the nightstand when you wake up.
- Create a network of friends (app-linking) whereby you give permission to them to drive content to your screens.
- Took a great picture of your kids? Why not have it waiting on grandma's fridge when she gets home. Add text to images that are then displayed. A picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes a few extra get the point across even better!
In addition to the applications described above, the Vikaura Screen API will be open to developers. We know that over time the broader, deeper, and more valuable apps will come from you. We are excited to see what you do with them.
Risks and challenges
The Vikaura Screen is nearly complete. The design has been proven, the functionality tested, the app developed, and prototypes built, tested, and refined. All the high risk items are in the rear view mirror.
All images and functionality shown here are real. That's why we can say we are 100% confident that we will deliver your screens to you.
The last step is moving into the manufacturing stage. We do not intend to manufacture components ourselves nor do the final assembly ourselves and therefore must rely on vendors to supply parts and for contract manufactures to execute the assembly of your screens.
To that end, we have identified a world class contract manufacturer in the USA to do our assembly. They are ISO 9001:2008, ISO:13485, and AS9100C certified and have six manufacturing locations.
We also source our components from 3rd parties and must factor in lead times that are in-line with the components and their sources. We have had numerous discussions with our suppliers, and we have factored in lead-times that are in-line with industry norms.
We have built in what we believe to be a realistic time frame. We will be issuing frequent progress reports with pictures so you can be up to date and can be part of the process. If we experience any delays you will be informed immediately and an adjusted target date will be generated.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)