We are ridiculously close to getting this funded, but not ridiculously close enough!! We need *your* help to push through the next few days!!!!
Thank you to *everyone* who has donated thus far. We promise it will make a difference!!
Our concert series has three main goals:
- Share our love for new music with the public, and do so in new and innovative ways
- Highlight some awesome places in Greeley
- Provide young composers and musicians an opportunity to share their talents.
Since everyone involved donates their time, what will this money be used for? We're as frugal as can be, but there are still costs we can't avoid.
- Some musicians and composers will be traveling significant distances to share their talents with us. We think it's only fair to reimburse at least some of their travel expenses
- Programs, posters, and other advertising. We've got to let people know these concerts are happening!
This year, our concert dates are May 23, June 6, June 20, July 11 and July 23. So far, we will be playing at Syntax Spirits, Atlas Theater and ArtSpace Greeley. Please check our website for more precise information as the dates approach!
Please feel free to ask us more about Aquila.
Risks and challenges
We've tried to minimize risks by starting small. Last season we kept the series modest and even paid costs out of our own pockets. Because it went so well, this season we are trying to grow just a little. If this year goes well we'll try to grow a little more next year. If next year goes well we'll try to grow a little more. If that year goes well...well, you get the idea.
Still, there are many things that can go wrong. Musicians can back out, a terrible storm could hit, or, worst of all, no one could come! However, we feel that these risks are incredibly small. We can promise one thing: if we wind up with any extra funds, they will be put back into the concerts, whether it be reimbursing musicians, providing more free snacks for everyone to enjoy, etc. If this happens, we will be sure to notify all of our backers. It is your money, after all, you should know where it's going!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (22 days)