2-6 players / 60min / 12+
Ah ... The 50s! The dark days are over and the world wants to live! There is a global economic boom, with the average economic growth reaching 5% per year in Western Europe and the United States! Living standards rise rapidly with TVs, automobiles and home appliances. The world economy is dominated by a few large companies that represent this lifestyle based on mass consumerism. Among these companies, Amber, Black and Crimson are engaged in an industrial war, using their resources and labour the best way possible, fighting over the slightest market share. As an investor, you will need to bet on the company that will make you earn the most money. Use your information, negotiate and make the right decisions to become the best investor ever!
Ready? Then... Trade On!
GOODWILL offers to step into the shoes of an investor. Through this game, you have the opportunity to invest in 3 companies. Each of these companies has the main challenge of choosing cheap energy and optimize their processes to consume as little as possible. Each player will have access to information about the future, which will help in its investment choices. Information such as evolution of energy prices, discoveries made by research centers, market share taken or others surprises. In the end game, the winner will be the player who makes the best investment choice ... well, the richest possible!
All material is language independant and all boxes include French, English and German rules.
Why back it?
Several reasons to back this project right now:
- You find the game very intriguing
- You get the game for a better price (retail price will be 33€)
- You like us a lot (and we like you too :))
- You will help unlock very cool stretch goals (new cards, advanced material, even more cards, more material...)
- You find illustrations beautiful
- You will receive some exclusive stretch goals (not included inside the retail box)
- You think finance is a really interesting domain (and finance can be cool too ;))
- You will receive the game four weeks before non-backers (and partner retail shops two weeks before non-partner retail shops)
- You already play and like the game (us too ;))
Goodwill is evolving since 4 years and has been played a lot in a French bank, where weekly plays occur and even several constests were organized by the Great Place to Work team. French people also discovered it in festivals, game bars, retail shops and IT firms...
As we want to propose Goodwill to the all world, we decided to organise this campaign on Kickstarter: to help non French people to discover an excellent game about finance.
- Board Game Geek (EN): card
- Tric Trac (FR): card, rules explanations, a 5 beginners play related, forum, news
- Cwowd (FR): card, forum, article
- Ludovox (FR) : card, article
- FLIP - Festival Ludique International de Parthenay (FR): Goodwill has been selected by the international game festival of Parthenay (France) in the Expert category.
What they said...
- strangways: "Brilliant!"
- Ace (from The Nerd Nighters): "The stock trading system coupled with the market share mechanism makes this the most accurate simulation I've ever seen while remaining a delightfully fun experience around the table."
- Guillaume (from Tric Trac and FLIP jury member): "Goodwill: manipulate events, numbers and bosses to become, as a stockholder, the richest... gniark gniark gniark... but there, it is a game, uh, not real life! ;)"
1 - General explanations and setup:
2 - A round description:
3 - The events and their effects:
4 - Profits and Loses:
Julien interview by Ace (from The Nerd Nighters) on Back It! (please forgive Julien's hesitations, live video in a foreign language can be a little bit stressful ;)).
TTTV 1 : How to play (in French)
TTTV 2 : Two rounds (in French)
As Kickstarter and Spieleschmiede campaigns are taken into account, here is a merged funding (updated once per day):
More stretch goals to unlock :) Do not hesitate to come back and have a look on the upcoming ones.
All the games ordered by Kickstarter will be delivered with stretch goals which will have been unlocked. The bonus cards (marked by "Kickstarter only" logo) are exclusive rewards for Kickstarter backers only, they won't be included in the retail box. There won't be any additional shipping cost for unlock stretch goals.
We need your help to make more and more people discover Goodwill. So we prepared an expansion for you. Please share on Facebook and on Twitter our upcoming posts and unlock these cards through the Social stretch goals :)
Here is the Derivatives Expansion: as real derivatives in the finance world, these cards will make your richer if the conditions are fulfilled at the end of the game.
Two ways to play this expansion:
- an auction phase is played just before revealing the events. Two derivatives cards are picked up and players need to make the best offer to obtain the desired card.
- each player receives two derivatives cards at the beginning of the game. So, it may influence players' investment decisions and even the bosses they propose.
If Amber capital is less than $70 at the end of the game, this card will be worth $10.
If Black capital is less than $70 at the end of the game, this card will be worth $10.
If Crimson capital is less than $70 at the end of the game, this card will be worth $10.
If Amber capital is less than Black capital at the end of the game, this card will be worth $10.
If Black capital is less than Crimson capital at the end of the game, this card will be worth $10.
If Crimson capital is less than Amber capital at the end of the game, this card will be worth $10.
If Amber capital is more than $140 at the end of the game, this card will be worth $10.
If Black capital is more than $140 at the end of the game, this card will be worth $10.
If Crimson capital is more than $140 at the end of the game, this card will be worth $10.
If Amber capital is higher than Black capital at the end of the game, this card will be worth $10.
If Black capital is higher than Crimson capital at the end of the game, this card will be worth $10.
Receive all digital material you need to print your own copy of Goodwill.
10€ = around $11
Be one of our first supports and get the game with all the available stretchgoals at the best price! (retail price will be 33€)
25€ = around $27.5
Be one of our first supports, get the game with all the available stretchgoals at the best price, to pick it up from one of our retail shop partner! No shipping cost ;)
25€ = around $27.5
Get the game and all the available stretchgoals and better price (retail price will be 33€).
28€ = around $31
Get the game and all the available stretchgoals at better price, to pick it up from one of our retail shop partner. No shipping cost ;)
28€ = around $31
Get the game and all unlocked stretch goals. Send us your picture and you will receive one unique Boss card printed only for you!
100€ = around $110
Get 6 copies of the game and all associated unlocked stretch goals at the best deal (198€ at unit retail price).
150€ = around $165
Pledge dedicated for retail shops. Please contact us for details at email@example.com. Attention: retail boxes will not include "Kickstarter only" stretch goals.
200€ = around $220
Get the game and all unlocked stretch goals. Send us your picture and you will become one of the Boss cards included on all retail boxes.
300€ = around $330
You can add additionnal copies of the game to each pledge level, for 26€ per copy (shipping costs non included). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping estimation depending of how many copies you want to order. In case of "Close Insider" or "Close Investor" pledge, no need for shipping estimate, you can simply add 26€ per copy to the pledge cost.
If you want one, please add 12€ to your current pledge (no additionnal shipping costs to add). If you want more, please ask us for a shipping costs estimation.
Here is a summary of shipping fees per pledge level:
These shipping fees are for basic pledges. In case of additionnal copies, please contact us at email@example.com for specific shipping estimation.
List of retail shops where you can retrieve your pledge:
- Wilbox (Sartrouville, France)
- Ludifolie (Vincennes, France)
- La Guilde des Joueurs (Le Mans, France)
- Librairie Martelle (Amiens, France)
- Philibert (Strasbourg, France)
- JSST Jeux (Nice, France)
- Robin des Jeux (Paris 11, France)
- Café Le Nid - Cocon ludique (Paris 3, France)
- La Fabrik à jeux (Nantes, France)
- Rocambole (Lille, France)
- 20 000 jeux sous les livres (Artigues, France)
- Café Meisia 2.0 (Paris 10, France)
- Village du Jeu (Bailleul, France)
- Lolipop (Chimay, Belgique)
- L'Antre du Dragon (Liévin, France)
- Tour Granite (La Défense, France)
- Les Dunes (Val de Fontenay, France)
If your usual retail shop is not in the list, please ask the manager to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org ;)
Retail shops can pre-order copies (without "Kickstarter only" stretch goals) at better conditions then after the campaign. You will receive it two weeks before non-partner retail shops. You can also become a point of picking for pledgers (and get some rewards). Please contact us at email@example.com for details.
If you interest to distribute Goodwill, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hello, my name is Julien Dauxert and I am the author of Goodwill.
I love games, especially board games. Since 2005, I work in IT for a bank. During a finance training, I heard this sentence: "The price of a share is the synthesis of market participants' opinion." I found the concept very interesting and thought that would do a great game.
This is not the first time that I create a game. I have a few prototypes in my cupboard, talking about mammoths, global warming, wildebeest migration...
About the artist
Vincent Burger is The Artist of Goodwill. He brought his talent and his imagination to give you a fun journey in the finance world.
He is also the creator and artist of Tunhell, his and our first game.
About the translator
Stéphane Athimon, a.k.a. "Mad Translator" is a serial translator with more than 300 games translated in French. He changes his habits to offer you the English version of the rulebook.
PixieGames is a young publishor and distributor created by four associates, all passionate about board games.
We met Julien 18 months ago and love Goodwill as it brings a fresh look on financial games with a lot of interaction between players, suprises and fun.
Discover our games on www.pixiegames.fr
Risks and challenges
When you invest in finance, you have to understand the risks before the benefits ;)
It is the same for a pledge on Kickstarter.
Nevertheless, PixieGames already succeeded in publishing Tunhell after its dual campaigns. Backers were pleased by the fact we respected our delivery date estimation and by the quality of the game.
The 5,000€ asked in the minimum amount mandatory for producing enough boxes with the manufacturer we already selected.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)