with the first 220 helmets beginning to hit doorsteps I wanted to send out a huge "Thank you!" to everyone. It has been a trying journey to get these actually in a box and shipping. I had amazing help from my family, friends, business partners and of course you. While we will do our best to turn this little project into a brand that really looks to improve cycling for all types of riders everywhere, I would like you to realize and be proud that you had a big role in this.
We've begun to get feedback from those closest to us that they have received their Midnight Editions. A few had questions, one got a lemon and we're getting that exchanged, and several have realized they need a different size. We will do everything possible to make sure you all have the exact product you have waited so long for, so please contact me here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need us.
With all of the design improvements that have happened since the very beginning of our Kickstarter campaign there are a few things that may need explaining.
1. The rubber o-ring taped over the button is simply a precaution to keep the helmet from turning on during shipping. This was an important requirement for us to be able to ship these via air. Remove and do what you will with these two pieces. I suggest using them to keep your charger cable wrapped up neatly if you take it with you.
2. You will notice a red light in the center of the lens when the cable is properly charging. This is the indication that the battery is taking a charge. It will go off once each battery is fully charged. Also, we recommend placing the helmet with the interior facing up as pictured on the box while charging. The slight weight of the helmet can be enough to cause a bad connection and your helmet will not be charging when you thought it was. It's always good to look for the red lights before walking away.
3. Both lights have the same functions. 1. ON steady-high, 2. ON steady-low, 3. ON flash-slow, 4. ON flash-fast, 5. OFF. If you receive a helmet that is not working properly, try charging it first and if it still does not match these functions, contact us for an exchange.
4. The padding is removable for hand washing, but please make sure none of the velcro pieces come off with the padding. We are looking into getting a tougher adhesive for these, but if one does come off simply place it back on the EPS.
5. We achieved the best fit possible for the lenses, however for those of you warriors that do ride in very wet climate, you may see water behind the lens. Don't fret, the circuit board is coated in a water resistant material to prevent damage. If you do begin to experience issues due to water, please contact us.
6. On the topic of water, please do not ever plug in your helmet if it is wet. We looked at adding a rubber cover for the charging ports, but found that even that would sometimes pull moisture up into the port so we decided it best to leave it out.
Lastly, remember that this is a brand new product and you are the first people other than us to put it to the test. In reality, you are our beta testers so we would love to get your feedback on fit, weight, sizing, functions, and performance as you put some miles in your helmet. And please share any photos you wouldn't mind us sharing with the rest of the world. Or share it with us and let us know it was just for our team, we will respect your privacy.
Many thanks again, the remaining helmets will arrive in March and we will work as quickly as possible to get them out the door right away to those still waiting.
All the best,
Nathan Wills and the Torch team
Hi soon to be Torch bearers! It is finally with an exhausted sigh that I can say our first partial order of helmets will be shipping from our manufacturer this Saturday!
This first batch will only include the Midnight Editions, but it's a start. The factory will be closing for a couple of weeks to celebrate the Chinese New Year, and will complete the remainder of the first order and ship to us by the end of March.
I know those of you who are waiting on a T1 will be frustrated for the additional wait, and we hear you. We tried very hard to get everything through production before the break, but Torch was bumped from the production line several times in order for the factory to handle a larger, more expensive order. This is one of the unfortunate consequences of being a new and small company, but we know we aren't the only Kickstarter that has had to deal with this.
We are very excited to begin getting these in the hands of the people that made this all possible, and hope that you will send us your photos and feedback as you begin to receive your helmets. We will soon be launching a new website and will be creating a page that will honor all of you with a list of Kickstarter names and all of the photos you can send us. If anyone does not wish to appear on the list of supporters, please send me a message and we will respect your privacy.
I'll keep you all updated as the helmets arrive at US customs and hopefully clear without any issues and will provide some pics as we have our first shipping party, woo hoo!
Excited, tired, and relentlessly determined,
seconds to go
Pledge $5 or moreYou selected
Every dollar counts! Follow the progress of Torch through Kickstarter to production by pledging today.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
Torch water bottle - 25oz. stainless steel water bottle (BPA Free) with Torch logo + Regular updates of Torch developments (International backers please add $5 for shipping)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
Torch t-shirt + American Apparel combed cotton t-shirt with Torch logo + A downloadable PDF book of Torch development from concept to production + Regular updates of Torch development (International backers please add $5 for shipping)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $80 or moreYou selected
T1 helmet + Torch's first helmet in red, black or white + A PDF book of Torch development from concept to production + Regular updates of Torch development (International backers please add $10 for shipping)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
200 backers All gone!
T1 Midnight Edition + T1 helmet in all black with smoked lenses + A PDF book of Torch development from concept to production + Regular updates of Torch development (International backers please add $10 for shipping)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $130 or moreYou selected
Full package + T1 helmet in red, black or white + Torch t-shirt and water bottle + A printed book of Torch development from concept to production with a special thank you + Regular updates of Torch development (International backers please add $15 for shipping)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
Gift set + 2 T1 helmets in red, black or white + A printed book of Torch development from concept to production with a special thank you + Regular update of Torch development (International backers please add $15 for shipping)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
15 backers Limited (85 left of 100)
Retailer + Be one of the first retail stores to carry the Torch line with this 10 pack of Torch helmets + Your store's name credited in the Torch book + A printed copy of the book + Regular update of Torch development (International backers please add $50 for shipping)Estimated delivery:
- (45 days)