I received information from our shipping company that the 300 units are at the port of Los Angeles and "in customs". If all goes well we should receive the shipment as soon as Friday. I of course, will keep everyone up to date. We received a great list of questions that I will answer below.
*Technical and Production Questions:*
1. Have you received all of the ABS/PLA stock, and will it be shipped with the printers or separately?
Yes we have the ABS / PLA stock and it will be shipped when your printer ships. It will however probably be in a separate box.
2. Any update on the delivery date of the first set (200/100) of RigidBots to Utah?
Like stated above, the shipment of 300 first units has arrived to the port of Los Angeles. We will keep you updated when it clears customs and arrives to our warehouse.
3. What progress has been made on CE certification? Also, have customs issues with the various backers’ countries been addressed?
We have many different CE certifications pending and should have certification very soon. We have applied for the following items:
- RigidBot Kit and Assembled
- RigidBot Big Kit and Assembled
- RigidBoard - Mainboard
- LCD / USB
- Stepper Motors - supplied by the factory
- Power Supply - supplied by the factory
We are also translating our instruction manual into many different languages.
4. Is the documentation almost ready? Will it be posted online or otherwise made available to backers when complete?
Documentation will be available to all backers via the online system. We are still finalizing the main instruction manual. We will have an area where we will post all of the documentation including the manuals, video tutorials and FAQs.
5. Did the shipment from before Chinese New Year contain upgrades such as the paid upgraded z-rods? Or are upgraded assembled printers going to be delayed?
Yes, the shipment did include most upgrades. The dual extruder box was not finished at the time but will be in the next week. It should not cause a delay.
6. Is the post-Chinese New Year order going to have enough printers to supply the pre-order backers as well?
Yes, we ordered enough machines and calculated upgrades to cover all of the kickstarter orders as well as all of the post kickstarter sales. We only have a few machines left of the initial order, so if someone was to place an order now it would be fulfilled with this order, however we are likely to sellout in the next week. Of course we are shipping out all kickstarter orders first in the order of pledge level. Then we will ship out "pre-sale orders and backer only specials" in the order they were placed.
7. Can you tell us the approximate heat-up time for the different sizes of heated bed?
The two different boards heat rather quickly. See below:
- RigidBot 10x10x10
- 65c - about 3-5 minutes
- 110c - about 7 minutes
- RigidBot 12x16x10
- 65c - about 4-6 minutes
- 110c - about 8 minutes
1. Have you heard back from the kitting facility regarding the missing cables? Are they missing from the 200/100 shipment as well?
Yes, we have heard back. They have resolved the problem and they are manufacturing them now. They are missing from the 200/100 shipment however they will be air shipping them to us next week.
*Delivery to Backers:*
1. Will the Invent-a-Part online tracking system change from "in production" to something like "being assembled" when 'our' printer is being built/shipped? Will backers get an email notification?
The online system will update your order when it is assembled or a kit received in the USA ready to ship. We could add email notification however there is not notification set up now.
2. Will we get a tracking number / shipping notification when our RigidBot ships out to us?
Yes, When your RigidBot ships we will provide you with the tracking number. It will be in the tracking section. Not all locations will have a tracking number, however if we have one we will provide it.
3. Will those of us who chose assembled printers AND paid for the dual extruder option get our extra extruder with the regular shipment, or is that delayed?
We do not anticipate any delays with this.
4. Is there a warranty for KickStarter Backers? The overall feeling is that you’ll do whatever you can to fix any manufacturing/shipping problems, some just asked if there will be an explicit warranty.
There is not a "warranty" however we will do what we can to fix any manufacturing / shipping problems. We are also going to hire more customer service reps to help with questions and concerns. Our response times will be faster.
5. Will those who ordered the dual extruder option also get all the hardware for the single extruder option (i.e. standard hardware)?
Yes, if you ordered the dual extruder you will also receive the hardware for the single extruder( which is basically the smaller aluminum plate). The dual extruder includes a larger aluminum mounting plate in addition to another full extruder (motor, thermistors, hot end etc). So if you want to run your printer with one extruder just mount the smaller plate and one extruder. If you want the dual extruder, remove the extruder from the single plate and add it to the dual plate with the additional extruder. It is just two screws to remove from the single plate.
Marvin Stuart would like to recommend a Google Hangout “build party” prior to shipping of the printer. The idea would be to have you or an employee assemble a RigidBot or two while taking questions from the group. This would provide the interaction of an in-person build party to backers around the world without the perception of anyone “jumping the line”. A recording of the Hangout could be made available for others to view at their leisure, perhaps as they build their own RigidBot.
I think this is a great idea. We will start to organize this and post more information when it becomes available.
Thank you everyone for all of your support.
Michael and Team