Carillon Presents: "The Beach Noise"
8PM, March 2nd, 2018, Art Share LA
"The Beach Noise" is the first installment of our new concert series, Carillon Presents. The program features solo trumpet compositions by California-based composers, performed by California-based trumpeters in the California-based heart of downtown Los Angeles. All of the pieces explore the trumpet's unique emotional and sonic possibilities, including but not limited to extreme dynamic shifts, incorporating the player's voice in a melodic setting, the contrast between noisy disintegration and heartbreaking purity, and the melting of musical notation into improvisation.
The composers comprise varied generations and include David Aguila, Mark Applebaum, Robert Erikson, Saad Haddad, Robert Henderson, Anne LeBaron, and David Rosenboom. The performers are some of the most exciting young trumpeters, emerging in the California new music scene: Nicolás Bejarano, Noah Dugan, Cameron Kalemkarian, Ethan Marks, Alexandria Smith and Evan Wendell.
So where do you, Gracious Donor, fit in?
We're primarily raising funds to provide a stipend for our stellar selection of soloists. All of the pieces are extremely virtuosic and demand a substantial time investment, which we feel should be fairly compensated, and so 80% of all funds raised will be allotted for the performers. The remaining 20% will cover booking, advertising, and incidental fees. Should we exceed our goal of $2000, the remainder will be destined for the Carillon Quartet's Fall 2018 West Coast Tour (to be announced soon!). For anyone who wishes to donate, but cannot attend the show, you may gift or donate your tickets as you see fit (let us know if we can help)!
If you donate and you do not have a kickstarter account please send us a message with your name, so we can have your tickets available at the door!!!
Risks and challenges
There are no risks in investing in this project, only the reward of knowing you have helped support the arts in America.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)