Who is Bona Sera?
We are more than just a misspelling of the Italian greeting for Good Evening (Buona Sera!), for the past 3 years we have been an underground supper club in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area of MIchigan. Wonder Woman and Bad Fairy (our underground names) have produced underground events to benefit local community causes in barns, warehouses and the fabulous homes of generous hosts. We have worked with a loyal group of volunteers and adventurous diners to present our World, fusion, twisted-inspired versions of both classic dishes and new concoctions in 6 course dinners.
We are opening Bona Sera Cafe in beautiful downtown Ypsilanti in the summer of 2012 and are excited to become part of the revitalization of the home of Rosie the Riveter.
What do we need and how can you help?
We need your help to purchase:
- A SouthBend gas convection oven so we can make morbier/speck/arugula flatbreads and more...
- A gelato maker to make some of the tastiest salted caramel ice cream EVER
- An ice cream feezer so we can stockpile and distribute salted caramel ice cream to large and small sweet tooth owners
- A dishwasher, nuff said
- Startup food inventory, including pork, bacon, fresh local ingredients, shrimp and bacon....oh wait...and proscuitto
- Small equipment like a food processor, char grill, a smoker, pots and pans, etc.
- Electrical and Construction work to combine existing kitchen and prep area
- Mechanical inspection and repairs
You can spread the word to your friends, family and neighbors about our Kickstarter campaign!
What will you get besides a warm, fuzzy feeling?
We have great rewards associated with our different donation levels, and if you live out of town, we're happy to send you a care package filled with your rewards and a toy surprise inside. If you're a local, you'll see smiling faces when you come into the cafe, receive happy counter service and soak up some gooooooood music!
- (30 days)