PanoBlast 360 Virtual Reality six-camera gear
Have a great time making incredible photos and videos with this panoramic 360 degree camera rig!
A simple camera rig that holds up to six GoPro HERO cameras in position to capture spherical images with 360° of coverage.
Please join us in this Kickstarter All in 1 campaign, our first one-week project to introduce you to our 1-Hit Wonder: we offer a single reward tier.
Back this project by pledging $64 and you will get one PanoBlast 360 camera rig. This single reward offer will make our project simple and uncomplicated!
We also aim to keep the details of our product candid and straightforward to help you reach your decision to back our project easier:
- Capture 360° video and pictures with Six GoPro Hero4, 3+, 3 cameras (you can use non-Gopro cameras as long as the dimensions are 59 mm L x 41 mm W x 21 mm D).
- The PanoBlast apparatus can be used with many photographic accessories: tripods, photo stands, or monopods. The brackets fit 1/4-20 screws (standard size of many tripods and photo light stands).
- Synchronizing the cameras on the PanoBlast is done easily with the WiFi Remote (I use the GoPro Smart Remote).
- PanoBlast + Smart Remote give you Complete Camera Control: This combination delivers full remote control of all camera functions, including shutter, on/off and settings. Users can take pictures or record videos without directly touching the cameras.
Please note that the Nadir bracket (bottom bracket) is empty since I do not want my stand to be included in the photos.
The bottom space of the video can be used to enter the video title, names of business or production team, etc...
PanoBlast applications are almost endless:
- Sport events: Baseball, tennis, football, basketball, soccer, auto racing.
- Social events: Weddings, birthday parties, Roses Parade, Mardi Gras, Daytona 500, St Patrick's Day Parade, Boston Marathon, Kentucky Derby, Independence Day, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, New Year’s Eve at Times Square, etc....
- Business applications: VR Real Estate 360 photo and videos, Travel panoramic photos/videos.
- Political rallies: political protest or showing support for a cause (we have many of these lately). You can see everything that goes on around your PanoBlast apparatus.
- Security purposes: home, business and public locations.
- Creative functions: since it is very affordable, anyone can start making high quality 360-degree photos and videos for personal use (vacations or weekend trips). Showcase your talent on YouTube, Vimeo 360 or Facebook 360!
This outfit is very light and easy to carry (5.5 oz, without cameras or telescopic rod). Using the Wifi remote, you can press its shutter button and take up to 6 photos at the same time. It will record everything around you.
- 6 Modular Brackets
- 1 core housing unit
- 6 washers
- one 1/4-20 Male to Female Camera Tripod Screw Adapter
Gopro cameras and tripods are not included but you can start with just 2 cameras and add more units as your budget allows. GoPro Hero3+ can be purchased for less than $200 (Amazon and eBay) and it produces very nice quality photos/videos.
- Hardware: PanoBlast works with the GoPro Hero 3 series and Gopro 4 cameras. Non-GoPro cameras with the following dimensions: 59 mm L x 41 mm W x 21 mm D, may fit our brackets. See photo below of a non-Gopro camera mounted onto the Zenith (top) bracket.
- Software: The individual photos and videos can be stitched together with a variety of software. I use Serif PanoramaPlus Starter Edition (free download) for photo stitching. For videos, you may try Kolor Autopano Video.
How does the same subject appear 3 times in this panoramic 360-degree photo?
- PanoBlast 360 gear and tripod were mounted on top of SUV (you can see the sunroof (Front) and spoiler (Rear) of the vehicle).
- Using the GoPro Smart Remote, the subject was photographed by three (out of four) Hero3+ cameras when he was in Front, Rear and Right sides of the SUV.
- From the 12 (4 x 3) photos, I selected the 3 photos where the subject is seen by the 3 cameras plus a photo of the left side of the SUV.
- Using the Serif PanoramaPlus Starter software, I stitched the 4 pictures into this panoramic photo. The process is quick , simple and takes only 3 minutes to complete. The same setting recorded on 33-sec videos took about 37 minutes to stitch 4 videos together (using Autopano software).
- If the content creator (you) does not want to be seen in the photos or videos, 2 or 3 cameras will also get the job done! The Hero3+ cameras have a diagonal Field Of View (4x3 Wide) of 149 degrees.
Can you use just 2, 3 or 4 cameras only?
Yes, below are more examples:
- Attach 4 cameras to PanoBlast and mount the rig to your monopod or tripod.
- Turn on 2 cameras.Take a photo with each camera by pressing the Shutter release on your WiFi remote:
- Turn on 3 cameras, press shutter release and here we go:
- Again, turn on 4 cameras and press Shutter release of Wifi remote:
You will love this PanoBlast: it's affordable and so easy to use!
Risks and challenges
The risks of this project are minimal:
* After the second-generation prototypes met the requirements, I placed a small order (500 units) with our manufacturing partner to learn in advance of any potential glitches.
* The molds and final products took 7 weeks to finish.
* It took an additional 4 weeks for the shipment to arrive by sea freight.
I have gone through the entire manufacturing and shipping process to obtain 500 units. They are here, ready to be shipped.
If we need more than 500 units, the 2nd order will take about 6 to 9 weeks to be ready.
You can back this project with confidence!
- (7 days)