The Outer Space will offer an intimate atmosphere with a stage, PA, and a comfortable bar area. We plan on hosting bands, art shows, and private events 5-6 nights a week. After 8 years of running The Space (our all ages alcohol free music venue) We have decided to expand on the idea and offer even more to the community we already serve as well as attracting newcomers to the scene. Having a secondary venue right next door has many advantages. some of our ideas include 2 stage all day festivals. Build unknown touring bands by giving them a platform where there will already be a crowd. Give local artists blank walls to hang and sell their art. Serve our over 21 patrons of the space. Give local promoters an opportunity to put on affordable shows. The list of ideas is huge and we also welcome input from the local music and arts community.
The Outer Space will have a different look than the eclectic look of The original Space...Think 1920s speakeasy lounge, meets gallery space. We have already begun working on the building and we are seeking funding to help finish the project as well as help us cover some costs we have already incurred.
The money donated will be used for the following
1. Purchase and install a class A, professional PA system that will be adequate for any style of music.
2. Purchase the fixtures necessary to complete the bar area for our 21 and over patrons
3. To help cover the costs we incurred bringing the building up to code (doors, bathrooms, exit signs and proper safe electrical service )
4. Build an outdoor patio and lounge
5. Signage and lighting
6. Help cover the cost of the permits we had to obtain to make it all SUPER legal
- (65 days)