Realistic and historically accurate Multiplayer RTS set during World War 2.Sandbox Army creation + Online MMO Campaign & evolving units
Realistic and historically accurate Multiplayer RTS set during World War 2.Sandbox Army creation + Online MMO Campaign & evolving units Read more
Realistic and historically accurate Multiplayer RTS set during World War II. Sandbox Army creation. With Online Mmo Campaign & evolving army.
A World War Two, Realistic, Real Time Strategy Game (RTS) that will take you to 20th Century Europe in a time of great conflicts and bloody battles. As a newly recruited regimental commander you will have to face opponents through challenging Battles or Online Campaign. Struggling between being victorious and managing your men and equipments, you'll also have to take care of the climate, difficult grounds, troops morals, losses, experiences and strength. You will conquer deep into powerful and epic battles during multiples Campaign Operation as written in history books. Our unique, RTS combat system lets you lure your enemy into ambush, or massive frontline combat like in any tabletop wargame. It will be up to you to choose how and where to defeat your opponent using Strategic sense or strong and hard forces. All of this and more brought to life attractively with next-gen visuals on Unity Engine.
Summary : (Release dates could be shortened depending on the Crowdfunding Goals achieved) .
Planned platforms: PC, Mac*, Linux*
Alpha Demo Tech Release date : 2015 .
Multiplayer Beta Release date : 2016 .
Release date: Late 2016 on PC
* Porting will influence release date there.
- Create your own Battlegroup among the available nations according to a specific year. It will be up to you to decide which units are more fitted to your convenience and style. From Reece infantry platoon to large Heavy Tank Company : Built your own force. Choices will be large and historically accurate .
- Take part in massively multiplayer campaigns. In addition to the classical Team Death Match, and for each period unlocked through the crowdfunding, there will be a Multiplayer Campaign.
- Large, Historically realistic battlefield. Original Topography restored from reality allows to literally brought back most of the historical and famous battlefields to life.
- Immerse into World war 2 : As a commander you'll be able to take a close look at your units as well as you could zoom out to enjoy a very far view of the Map, which size could be up to 900km² . Allowing you to have a better understanding of the whole battle.
- See you troops evolve, and improve your Battlegroup. After each battle played in multiplayer Campaigns : Wounds your mens, send them to rest, give them better equipments or reward the heroes, it will be up to you to decide the destiny of your forces.
- Life on the front is not predictable, world is alive : During the battle you will receive random missions from your HQ. Inhabitants/Partisans to interfere, bridge to repair, a minefield to clear. This is only by accomplishing those regulars missions that you'll be rewarded by unlocking more reinforcements during the battle.
- Accurate and Historical Units characteristics : Speed, Reliability, Gun Penetration, Armors, ... Know your units, know your strength. The game is simulator oriented. When hit, units are wounded or killed. You will have to act wisely in each situation.
- A large choice of Historical Units and Materials : For each year unlocked, all major troops, and Company Formations available at the time will be available in game. From Light vehicles, to Planes and Airborne units.
- Climate, will be an important part of the game : "General Winter and his friends" will impact dramatically your troops on the battlefield. Muds, Rain, Dust, Snow, you'll have to take care at what unit you are deploying and where.
- Morale influences & Commanding : As you don't want your troops to Surrender, or be Demoralised, you'll have manage them carefully. You'll never know what could happen by giving suicidal order to your troops, even the better hardened units could break or being Frenetic.
Tired by too much "Fun-Arcadish" Games. Sick of base building to produce troops. Annoyed to see units surviving explosions would have obliterated them just because it have a regenerating life gauge.
But also totally lost with too much "Uber-complicated" strategic game.
Panzer Grounds could be the perfect mix to you. The purpose of Panzer Grounds is to allow Fun and Simplicity for anyone to join in. And at the same time to bring everyone every realistic and historical details of the battlefield.
We felt it was time for people to discover what the World war 2 was really made of. To see how looked like the real Omaha Beach, Stalingrad, El Alamein, etc ..., while playing an enjoyable 3D game with : “Full details : On”, and once again : Keeping it "Ludic" and "Challenging"
Panzer Grounds is also deeply inspired by "Close Combat Serie" , developed at start by "Atomic Game" (1993).
The spirit of this old kind of game needed to be brought back to everyone with modern and improved games mechanics, like "Wargame Escalation" or even famous 15mm Tabletop Wargame with painted miniatures like "Flames of War".
Challenge Mode :
In this Gameplay you will have to face one or more opponents. Each player will face his enemy with an equivalent Custom Deck (Custom Army) in term of points. Each Deck is up to 8 Company (A Company is approximatively 100mens, or 20 tanks).
When you start the battle, you are only allowed to unlock and buy troops from One of your Company.
This will be only by accomplishing side mission from your HeadQuarter, like : Recognizing an area, destroying a bridge, bringing supply to a specific place, etc ... that you will unlock more Companies.
All along the battle your opponents and you will receive Points to buy units from all the Companies you have unlock. The main battle objectives are capturing Major area on the field.
Capturing area is easy, you have to bring enough troops on it to reclaim it. Exemple : Dimitrov village, needs 200 points of men to be hold. When you suffer lost on that point and get lower than 200 points of men you lose control The longer you hold Major area, the higher you score will be. At the end of the Battle Timer, Higher score Win.
You understand now, why customizing companies and unlocking them at the perfect time will be crucial.
( Army Builder / Deck Creation Interface )
Campaign Mode :
The Campaign Mode is basically the same that the Challenge Mode. But there is a major difference about your Army. It doesn't have to be Equal in term of Points before the battle.
Every Player will starts the campaign with the same kind of Deck (Army), and according to you victories or defeats, your Deck will increase or decrease in term of quality and quantity.
In this mode, everything is recorded, and you'll keep your “Custom Deck” as long as you don't disband it. You will have to wounds your mens, send them to rest, give them better equipments, reward the heroes, and so on. Each battle results are send to the Campaign online Map which will represent the overhaul advancement of a Nation amongst an other.
Panzer Grounds is developed with Unity 4 Engine
Unity engine is a great game development software. It commonly supports the development of the greatest indie games like : "Kerbal Space Program", "Besiege", "BroForce", "The Forest" and even larger multiplayer projects like Massive Multiplayer Game like : "Rust".
Unity Showcase 2015 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpPpRgl0U1I
( Far Distance : 240.000 Trees at 100FPS, With Colormap and Baked Shadows )
( Close Distance : With Normal High Blending, Grasses, Dynamic shadows )
Former Ubisoft Graphic Technical Director.
Experience 10+ years, starting as 2D/3D Artist
“There isn't a day where i didn't get a new idea or new project in mind”.
It took me a whole year of work to introduce you Panzer Grounds.
I had to get through a lot of processes, from Pathfinding to Multiplayer. Sometimes, i shared my progress, and you can have a short look here :
Dev Blog : https://twitter.com/coelacanthgames
FaceBook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coelacanth-Games/311450822391731?fref=ts
Official Website/Forum : http://coelacanthgames.com/
A small Studio is usually about five to fifteen people, and developing something to show on Kickstarter usually take something like 12 to 18 months for those small teams. As i said before, it took me a year, alone, to bring you what you've just seen.
It may sounds obvious, but producing a video-game on its own is barely possible. Unless you are working on a very small project or if you get super-powers !
Fortunately, this year was very productive, and the project is ready to be achieved. Basic mechanics like : Pathfinding, Smart Unit Targeting, NextGen Shaders, SQL Databases management, Stable multiplayer and every standards that actual games have, are already working and are just waiting for manpower to be pushed to the limit.
As you see, Starting a Campaign for Panzer Grounds is mainly intended to get financials in order to hire talented people and ... hopefully funding a Studio crowded by "Gentlemen" and "Gentlewomen" to produce a long series of great games over the years.
Commencing by Panzer Grounds.
Risks and challenges
Creating a video-game is always about a lot of risks and challenges.
Among those risks you can find :
- Lack of Manpower, mainly for lack of money
- Overwhelmed by unpredictables Technical difficulties
About Money :
The minimum pledge to start the project was calculated to cover a recruitment for 6 members, rent a place, and buy the material for a Year.
We feel confident about the fact that 12 months will be enough to deliver what expected.
About Technical difficulties :
It always happens. And as a Former Technical Advisor, there is only one thing i know about challenging Difficulties : This is "how i solved them!".
- (35 days)