About this project
Ever looked at your carry bag to realize that your water bottle is not worth the squeeze?
Resembling the shape of a piece of paper, the memobottle is a slimline, premium designed reusable water bottle which suitably slides into your favorite carry bag alongside your computer, books and valuables. The memobottle brings leak-proof hydration to a new level of style and efficiency.
In an effort to reduce the amount of single use plastic bottles being manufactured everyday, we have designed the memobottle; a durable, dishwasher-friendly, long life water bottle constructed from BPA-free Tritan.
Single use bottle consumption has gone bananas in recent years, with 1,500 plastic bottles being used and discarded every SECOND in the US. This has a damaging effect on both the environment, and our hip pockets. Bottled water is about 1,400 times more expensive than tap water and often less regulated. In response to this, many have turned to the more environmentally friendly alternative - reusable bottles. It’s a common belief that plastic is The Devil, however, due to the monstrous embodied energy in Aluminium and Stainless Steel products (considering raw material to product) reusable plastic bottles are actually 80% more environmentally friendly than their counterparts.
Lay it flat, or stand it up - in all circumstances where the conventional bottle just makes no sense!
The memobottle is the balance between environmental responsibility and improved life convenience.
Let's start a one bottle movement.
We are memobottle; a creative initiative based out of Melbourne, Australia and San Diego, California, working passionately to create the balance between environmental sustainability and improved life efficiency and convenience.
- memobottle co-founder
For the past 12 months we’ve been testing and refining the memobottle. The manufacturer is ready, and we are all set to pull the trigger!
Your generous funding will assist with the cost of tooling, the first manufacturing and production run, and distribution - and more importantly, placing a brand new memobottle in your hot little hands. We will also be using the funding to expand the bottle range, customizations and accessories.
In order to bring memobottle to life, we need your support!
The memobottle needs pledging, but more importantly, it needs interest! So please, take a moment and click on the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram tabs at the bottom of the page, put it out there, and lets get this memobottle party started!
Because we know you love the details just as much as we do, we have listed a breakdown of the costs involved.
We have calculated our pledge goal at $15,000; representing the minimum amount we need to bring the memobottle to life. This amount not only covers all production costs for the bottle and the recycled cardboard packaging, but allows us to implement a sufficient network of quality control to ensure all bottles meet our standards.
$1,500: Kickstarter/Amazon Payment and fees.
$10,000: 3 x custom blow molding tools,1 x Lid tool, fulfilling minimum orders from the suppliers and shipping
$2,600: Packaging manufacture, Die cut tooling, recycled cardboard minimum order, Pad print and shipping
$900: Quality control, refinement and product/packaging assembly.
Risks and challenges
As with all new to market products, there are certain risks that we face in bringing the product to fruition. We consider our risk to be minimal, and have put in place the following measures to ensure you receive a top shelf memobottle experience:
- Co-founders have professional backgrounds as a Product Design Engineer, and a Business & Financial Consultant - creating years of combined experience in design & development, international production & trade, shipping & logistics, financing & funding, trend analysis and public/private business operations.
- Tooling has been established (waiting on funding for payment), prototype quality testing performed, and a strong manufacturer relationship is in place.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
All memobottles are 30mm (~1 3/16") thick. The wall section of the bottle is ~2.5mm(~5/64") thick - designed to be as durable and robust as possible.
As the memobottle has a few corners that are a little difficult to clean with traditional methods we would suggest the following methods:
- Use water bottle cleansing tablets (available at your local drug store). Just fill your bottle with water, drop the tablet inside and allow it to sit for 15 to 30 minutes. Then rinse and enjoy.
- We are also in the process of designing a specialized memobottle scrub brush - that's right.. it goes around corners. :)
If you are wondering the best way to do this, simply follow the instructions below:
1. Add up the cost of each bottle you wish to pledge for.
2. Add the shipping cost (see below for shipping costs) if you're not living in Australia. (For example: 2 x A5 bottles + 1 x A4 bottle = $44 + $32 + Shipping).
3. Click on 'manage your pledge' (on the top right hand side of the memobottle kickstarter page)
4. From there you can enter your adjusted total.
5. Leave the rest to us - When the memobottle campaign is finished we will send out a survey confirming your address and order details.
1 x Bottle = $7
2 x Bottle = $12
3 x Bottle = $14
4 x Bottle = $18
5 x Bottle = $25
6 x Bottle = $30
7 x Bottle = $32
8 x Bottle = $36
(Any more bottles - send us a private message)
memobottle will now provide both a white and black with every bottle pledged - so there is no need to select a colour - you'll get both :)
You certainly can! Like traditional water bottles it is a good idea to not fill full your bottle to the very top before freezing - as water will expand once frozen.
The estimated delivery of memobottles is December 2014.The memobottle team are working hard to get the bottles into your hands by Christmas. As with all new to market products, there are certain risks that we face in bringing the product to fruition. We consider our risk to be minimal and have contingency plans in place to ensure the timeline doesn't get blown out of proportion.
The memobottle is made from Tritan - a very impact and heat resistant BPA free material.
- Tritan can withstand sub-zero temperatures to boiling.
Max temperature: 100°C/212°F
Min temperature: -40°C/-40°F
The bottles are made from Tritan material which is known for its high impact resistance - We've also made the wall thickness of the bottle nice and thick (approx 2.5mm thick) to withstand impact from dropping and squashing in your bag etc. Ensuring that the bottle is durable and will last a long time was one of the key design criteria of the memobottle.
Support this project
- (45 days)